Modern Space Combat - [IMAGE HEAVY]

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

Here we have an overview about the current Russian ships:

Not included are the fighter Su-45 Fridge and a troop transporter that is currently in development.

I would like to have some ideas from you, what you would like to see in game and what you would like to see in ship design.
This also counts for the NAA.

Then I think the Chinese Dominion won't be included (maybe later as an add-on), because I do not have any idea about how the basic design elements of a future Chinese fleet.
But there will be a Militia, an independent colony force and an Alien fleet I do not want to say anything about.

Thanks to halo making the weapons and Schattenkanzler making the odf stuff.
Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance!
It has begun...
Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic »

Looking good Intrepid. :P
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

Here is the definite largest North American Alliance unit:

CVN-12 ENTERPRISE,
sister ships will bear names like John F. Kennedy, Jimmy S. Carter or Abraham Lincoln...

I finally decided to make the NAA focused in carriers and fast cruisers, while the ERC will have Battleships and good missile cruisers.
It has begun...
rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas »

If its a "North American Alliance" then don't forget that means more then just the US, unless your not inluding other countries in that alliance.

FYI Canadian Carrriers included, the HMCS Bonventure, HMCS Majestic, HMCS Warrior.

Important Canadian names include John A MacDonald, Wilfrid Laurier, William Lion Mackenzie King.

Rod
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

Thanks!

Majestic, Warrior and Bonventure added to the secondary carriers list (Constellation class) and the names to the primary carriers list (Enterprise class).

We have at least three carriers (inlcuding an amphibic assault ship, Tarawa class) for the NAA and one ship, Havanna AOR-123 class, carrying gunboats from one system to another.

The NAA contains Canada, USA, Mexico, Panama, Perto Rico, Cuba (as 51st US state, lol) and many others. You see, there's also the Havanna class. But this Alliance is of course US lead, like the ERC is Russian lead, but Europea supported. China cannpt be spoken about, no idea for ship designs, as already mentioned.

A list of current NAA vessels will come soon, but any reactions on the CVN-12 would be nice!
It has begun...
uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital »

looks good apart from the top part were the usa flag is , the texture seems not to be placed :wink:
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

hm, you're right.
I might redo the tower on the CVN-12...

----

Here is the current NAA ship list:

And additionally the Constellation (Just finished!)

[Ships are not in scale!]

I think I will go now on with civil and support ships and finish all combat units then.
And there will be a wide range of combat units ingame!
Last edited by EAS_Intrepid on Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
It has begun...
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

This mod just won't go away!

NAA Research Station

NAA Command and Control Base

NAA Shipyard 2

The Research station won't have any pods outside, the C&C Base is not buildable (it's a 1.5 kilometer diameter station!)
Shipyard 2 will be for the large combat units like the carriers.

Last but not least:

An ERSN Asteroid shipyard. Maybe a map object, maybe not. Won't be buildable, however... I haven't yet decided what to do with it.
It has begun...
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

MSC is still on!
I recently began my work on the Militias:

Mobile Command Base

It will be mobile (as nearly any facility of the Militias) and can build the most basic combat units.

Saturn Class Cruiser

The Saturn was originally a design for the NAA. It still is, but an outdated, so the Militia fraction has it now in its ranks!
It has begun...
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

Two versions of a gunboat for the Militias. Both will be in game. V2 has a FTL engine and can be deplyoed faster, but is also more expensive.
It has begun...
Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus »

Looks great! I am really looking forward to this mod!
The astroid shipyard would be good for map units, especially ones wtih lots of minable resources and ai run map warships as defense.

I have a few unbuildable astroid bases for select maps in Galactic Uprisings. I think it gives the game character if there are things on maps that are not buildable and have to be captured if you want it. (but maybe thats just me...LOL)

EAS_Intrepid said: "China cannpt be spoken about, no idea for ship designs, as already mentioned."

As for design philosophy for the Chinese ships in your mod. A good start would be by determining if in the timeline of your mod what style of Government they have in that time era. For example if they built their own ships (instead of contracting out from another nation) the state of the government would easily reflect on design philosophy. If communist still, the design might stay more to the absolutely neccessary to fullfil the functions of the craft in question, but if they had re-embraced older more traditional ways the ship designs may reflect more artistic qualities and might have limited painting on the sides. Just my two cents worth...

So can we expect alot of maps that take place in our own solar system?
Would be cool to see maps based arround like Saturn and its moons, with some of the moons as vast minable resources.
SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale »

I have a neat little ship, I was wondering if you were interested in it for your mod.
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

Straxus wrote:Looks great! I am really looking forward to this mod!
The astroid shipyard would be good for map units, especially ones wtih lots of minable resources and ai run map warships as defense.

I have a few unbuildable astroid bases for select maps in Galactic Uprisings. I think it gives the game character if there are things on maps that are not buildable and have to be captured if you want it. (but maybe thats just me...LOL)

EAS_Intrepid said: "China cannpt be spoken about, no idea for ship designs, as already mentioned."

As for design philosophy for the Chinese ships in your mod. A good start would be by determining if in the timeline of your mod what style of Government they have in that time era. For example if they built their own ships (instead of contracting out from another nation) the state of the government would easily reflect on design philosophy. If communist still, the design might stay more to the absolutely neccessary to fullfil the functions of the craft in question, but if they had re-embraced older more traditional ways the ship designs may reflect more artistic qualities and might have limited painting on the sides. Just my two cents worth...

So can we expect alot of maps that take place in our own solar system?
Would be cool to see maps based arround like Saturn and its moons, with some of the moons as vast minable resources.
Some lines made me really laugh. Leasing the combat ships, great! This what it looks like right now, governments hire mercenaries (like the French foreigners legion or the military company "Executive Outcome".
It's not only how the Chinese are organised.
Also the main shapes of the ships. The NAA have these hexagon basis while the ERC ships are triangle-based. I think when more comes to my mind, I will do an add-on with the Chinese side. I will think about it. Feel free to post any ideas.

As for the Sol system maps: As one can do large maps in STAII there will be definately such maps. I am planning to do one large sol system map, a Asteroid belt map and a map consisting of some outer planets.
Maps where you have these planets only somewhere on the map (like the standard STAII maps) will not be in MSC. I will try to arrange all planets into systems (so when making a map, this map represents one or at maximum three star systems to fight in. This goes also with the idea of the Militias, as the Militia of M-443 (Kennedy Colony) won't fight at New Washington or Waterworld! (Where are at the plantes, I think I post a starmap, soon!) I think with this solution also the scaling problem between ships and planets can be solved. The planets will be larger, as the ships will be a little smaller. So space stations also have a certain size that is believable.
When installing MSC, one can delete all the old STAII maps, they will be pretty useless.

The yard will then be a map unit for the sol system, where the ERC constructs its major warships (in the asteroid belt, or I refit it so that it is on of Mars' moons.)

@SaiyaJin_Dale: That's a good start! Could you send me the ms3d file (I am using milkshape, too) and allow me some modifications and applying my texture works? I PM you my e-mail then.
It has begun...
SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale »

Sure, i'll send you it. E-mail?
EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid »

Received! I post an image as soon as this units is ready.

Here's another ship from MSC:
The I.S.S. Majestic Class Explorer :wink: . It was the first ship to reach Mars in the early 2040s and is 110 years later still in service as long range explorer:

THE HISTORIC MISSION:

Reaching Mars
It has begun...