My Mod, STAII: ROTE **IMAGE HEAVY**

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

My Mod, STAII: ROTE **IMAGE HEAVY**

Post by Epytron_Omega » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:26 pm

Now, I know that I am going to get several questions as to what empire is being reborn, and as of right now, its the Klingons, but that can change. Anyway, on to the real part of this message:

The Mod is based around the 6 standard races, each getting major over hauls, which includes ships, stations, weapons graphics, and if Elrond wouldnt mind showing me how to do it, Hull shielding (my way of asking Elrond).

Anyway, pretty much it is based approximately 20 years after Nemesis, the Federation has stronger technology, armor they hope the borg cant adapt to, weapons stronger more powerful, as well as new classes and designs.

The Klingons are rebuilding to start another war, with you will find out as Im keeping that I real secret, and while building this new fleet, they get even stronger ships, with better cloaks.

The Romulans.... ahh the Romulans. Romulans are completely rebuilding their fleet, as after the Shinzon incident, they would not like the same thing to happen, so they make sure that none of their reman slaves have access to such technologies, they advance their own based off of the Scimitar systems, and then completely destroy all data about it. Their fleet is as strong as the federation forces, and can do some damage to the enemy, but whom is also a secret.

The Cadassians. Yes, the Cardassians are still here, with the same old ships, plus a few new ones, but thats not the real threat. The real threat is that they now have dominion based weapons on some of their ships, most likely the bigger ones. They also have use of some dominion designs, that they incorporate into their own ships, and you will see this is on several models.

Species 8472. For starters they will recieve one major base, and that is what we saw in Voyager, the giant training ground station, but it wont be used to train soldiers. In this mod, it will produce most of your ships, and when i say most, I mean most. the only ships it doesnt 'spawn' are the new Behemoth, mother, and father units. Their weapons will still be able to tear through borg armor, however the borg have upgraded so they wont be destroyed so easily.

and finally the Borg. After Admiral Janeways attack on Unimatrix 1, the Borg collective fell for a time. During this time, one loan borg queen was able to regain control of her drones, and start to rebuild. rebuilding in a new sector of the Delta quadrant, they slowly expanded, assimilating the weaker races first, gaining force to attack the larger ones, and then... onto the Alpha Quadrant.

Now here comes the fun part, who is willing to help out? as of Right now, it is pretty much just me, Cpt. Ben Sisko offered his assistance, and it is greatly appreciated, if Elrond wouldnt mind helping me with the shields, that would be awsome as well.

Here are a few shots of the ships that I have done so far/ are planning on making lower poly models of:

Borg Assimliation Sphere

Borg Cylinder

Cardassian Galor

Cardassian Keldon

and one ship that I will be rebuilding to have a lot less polies,
the C-9a Kahless tIq vo' Class (Heart of Kahless)

EO
Last edited by Epytron_Omega on Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is what you make it.

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:33 pm

Okay EO we're ready for take off..lets get this show on the road...as if it isn't half way there if you get my meaning...hehe
Captain Benjamin Sisko of the U.S.S. Defiant

Darklight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darklight » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:14 am

Cool, can't wait for it!

Please when you need a beta tester don't hesitate to contact me. :D
Armada 1 and 2 Player!
Star Trek Future Tense Armada 1 Mod team is BACK!
Why don't emoji and text formatting doesn't work in Signatures?

valient20
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by valient20 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:02 pm

Some of those models and skins look like they are from Major A. Payne's BI3: VR mod... (Gets suspicious)
Im gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:15 pm

which ones exactly? The sphere and Cylinder are handmade by me, textures pulled out of the Twilight Beta, so thats probably where you've seen the textures, as for the Cardies, they are Zorgs models, so they are already around, but Im using them for the mod, as for the Kahless, its a Nightsoft Production, and i do have permission to use it.

Update: I am currently working on several more borg vessels, they are the easiest to model so Im getting them out of the way, next its finishing up on the Cardies that I have, then after that probably the Romulans, we will see.

EO

EDIT UPDATE: Here are some shots of whats new, including the size of the Assimilation Spheres, plus the Sphere Yard, and as a bonus, one Romulan station, Federation ship, and Species 8472 Primary station.

Assimilation Sphere compared to Intrepid Class

Borg Sphere Matrix

Romluan Warbird Yard

Federation Charleston Class

And finally, the Species 8472 Terrasphere, as seen in VOY

Darklight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darklight » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:40 am

I'm sorry but the Romulan shipyard looks like Fleet Operations's version.

Plus does the sphere yard build anything else other then a sphere? I think the diamond could be built there if your having the diamond that is.
Armada 1 and 2 Player!

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:12 am

I'm sorry but the Romulan shipyard looks like Fleet Operations's version.
Careful, that sounded like an accusation.

As for the Sphere yard, he hasn't told us anything about it yet, we can't assume anything. Just wait and see.

Darklight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darklight » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:21 am

I shall rephrase that then...

That Romulan shipyard remarkably looks similar to the one in Fleet Operations mod. Since I don't know who had come up with its design first I don't know if I'm just splitting hairs or not.

DAMMED WAITING... :roll:

Nah kidding :wink:
Armada 1 and 2 Player!

jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:51 pm

Good looking stuff there. Yacuzza is away at the moment (doing work, so little Twilight news) so you'll still have to get permission from him (he did use some of MaP's stuff, but I'm sure the majority was his work) but I doubt it'll be too much of a problem.

Again, good looking stuff, I can't wait to see the rest!
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:55 pm

firstly, I will be sure to contact Yacuzza about using some of the stuff from Twilight for my mod.

Secondly, Im not sure if its a Fleet Ops version, to find out Id probably have to download the mod to check, and frankly, I dont want to at the moment. I ported it from SFC, created by darkdrone/Maddoc Software, or so it says on Battlclinic.

As for the Sphere Matrix, It builds Solid Spheres, however, There is a special Sphere that is in the Works that has features of both the diamond and another ship, which though... for me to know hehe. There will be three construction Matricies, basic Matrix: All other ships other then Spheres or Cubes, Sphere Matrix: As Ive stated, Spheres, and Cube Matrix: Builds the Standard command Cube as well as a Tactical style as well. I might change the Sphere Matrix to construct Diamonds, as this mod is still in developement.

Here is the basicshiplist for the Borg at the moment (in no Particular Order):

Cylinder
Diamond
Pyramid
Cube
Tactical Cube
Hell Bringer
Sphere
Technology Sphere
Assimilation Sphere
Drone
Probe
Borg Queen Command Ship

these ships are only Offensive ships, so dont think I forgot anything of any sort. I hope to have more screens for you soon.

EO

Guffrus
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Guffrus » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:25 am

Those models look awesome!!

love the uber sphere!

You will be assimilated, resistance is futile..

<< borg junkie :P

Guffrus

Darklight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darklight » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:27 am

Screenshots please *whines* please!
Armada 1 and 2 Player!

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:45 am

as soon as I finish up with most of the borg side, you will receive screenshots. Right now, I have 4 out of the some odd number of meshes ready for hardpointing, and as soon as I have completed the Yards at least, then i will get you some screenshots of the borg units.

EO

halo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by halo » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:22 am

Now thats a great start keep up the good work
by the way your model for the sphere yard is one of the most intriguing yards i have ever seen Great work chap!

I think i speak for everyone, when i say this: screenies!! lol

Darklight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darklight » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:27 am

Sweet! *claps*
Armada 1 and 2 Player!