My Mod, STAII: ROTE **IMAGE HEAVY**

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:00 am

OK ladies and Gents, the Renegade class starship is complete, mesh wise, now all I have to do is attempt to make a texture that will suite her. anyway, here is the completed mesh, tell me what you think of the new gal. And also, she only comes in at 1540 polies, just 40 polies over my original set limit. :D

EO
Life is what you make it.

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:47 pm

Pretty nifty bro.. can't wait to see the finished texture...good luck with that
Captain Benjamin Sisko of the U.S.S. Defiant

halo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by halo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:39 am

not bad at all dude i like the smoothness of this model and her curves are perfect in my own dumb oppinon lol
the nacels could use ore of your personal touvh though
im looking foward to your final!

ps Captain halo reporting for duty sir!

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:58 am

Welcome back Halo, great to see you back. :D

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:19 am

Fantastic Halo! Good to have ya back!

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:37 pm

I apologize for the lack of updates on the renegade, but its for good reasons, and I have a couple of shots of this good reason. lately I have been working on a new type of shields for ROTE, like those from Nemesis. Now many people have said it wont work, but I have done some modding that can make it possible, once we, as in the team, figure out how to nullify the standard bubble shields. How you ask? Well for the moment its classified, only a few people other then myself know exactly how Im doing it, but it requires each ship to have its own shields formed to the model, which isnt that hard to do in Max, just copy the mesh and put it a little bit over the hull, and in the viewer all you will see is the shields, and then when you are ingame you can see the actual model. I have some pictures, one from max, another from the viewer, and the third from ingame. I used the Stock Sovy to do these tests, as it seemed right as the Enterprise was the first ship that we saw with these shields. notice in the first pic that the shields are above the hull, thats how it should be, I will attempt to bring them closer in, in time that is.

(used the asteroid so you could see the ship... :lol: )

EO
Life is what you make it.

halo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by halo » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:30 am

wonderfull so the shields will have to be added to each mesh
if im right the new shields should work for any ship or station correct?

have you gotten to the phase of actually testing those shields in game yet my man?or is the bubble bug still slowing you down?

Jolt_Commander
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Success

Post by Jolt_Commander » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:53 am

Ok well after hours of reading and tinkering I've gotten one part (probably the easy part) completed on these shields. At least when the shields go totally down the hull shows it. These shields will work for any ship or station that they are designed for. That said there would have to be specialized hull shields for each ship or station.
It is not Bill Gates that creates the PCs, It is just he that condems them to a life of working like poop.

ryan1
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by ryan1 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:32 am

This is very intriging, I myself saying it impossible. To make the bubble shields invisible replace the Xshldx01.SOD with a blank SOD. Then they will be invisible.

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:17 pm

but getting the weapon sprites to not see the bubble shield maybe difficult...at least progress is being made on this..

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:02 pm

Wow dude, great freaking work!!!
At the end of the river, the sundown beams. All the relics of a life long-lived. Here, weary traveler, rest your wand. Sleep the journey from your eyes.

halo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by halo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:07 am

good work keep us posted!

question. how will they look when they are fired upon? hopefully they will show were the shields were hit with better effects then the dumb stock ones

Jolt_Commander
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Jolt_Commander » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:39 am

Yup, planning on keeping all of you updated, right now trying to work on the damage bubble effect, hehe

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:22 am

YAY!! Def keep us updated Jolt!

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:06 am

A slight status report..I am currently working to integrate the new glows posted by Ryan. Alll is going smoothly except for trying to get the red glow to work properly..it is all weird..it pulses different colors and then appears as a flash of white light and then starts all over again...no other color does this..they just pulse normally...gonna try and see what the problem is...also created a new phaser texture and it will be used as the phaser texture and as a base for all other beam weapons in the game.

this is an example of a Galaxy class firing the new Type 10 Phaser

The Galaxy is of course the SNS Galaxy from BC..will not be released without permission..the phaser is my creation..will be the base for all other beam weapons in ROTE and the background is from FleetOps..again will NOT be ripped from that mod..just got tired of the background of my A2..and its a nice calm one.

Enjoy
Last edited by CptBenSisko on Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.