Latinum Delivery

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

captainPicard
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Latinum Delivery

Post by captainPicard » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:39 am

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can make a mining station handle latinum..? I've included "latinum" behind the command resourcesCanHandle =, but nothing happens. Adding a dockingHardpoint doesn't do anything either. Is this perhaps hardcoded or can I get something other than a starbase handle this stuff? Thanks!

keadinmode

M514R
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by M514R » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:01 pm

never thought about it, makes sence though i'll play around
definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and over and over

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Latinum Delivery

Post by Elrond » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:28 am

captainPicard wrote:Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can make a mining station handle latinum..? I've included "latinum" behind the command resourcesCanHandle =, but nothing happens. Adding a dockingHardpoint doesn't do anything either. Is this perhaps hardcoded or can I get something other than a starbase handle this stuff? Thanks!

keadinmode
Hmmm...I never thought of that myself either to be honest. I think it is just for starbases, but I don't see why other stations can't do latinum as well (unless it's only coded for the station classlabel).

By the way, keadinmode. OMG, you've returned!!! I had wondered who captainPicard was here. Wow. Welcome back dude!
At the end of the river, the sundown beams. All the relics of a life long-lived. Here, weary traveler, rest your wand. Sleep the journey from your eyes.

captainPicard
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by captainPicard » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:11 am

Thanks Elrond ;-)

I figured my new nickname might not ring a bell (duh!) so I rounded off the last message with my old nick. It's been a long time since I've been here and to be honest, now that I've kicked off again, I must admit I've missed it. I had to start over again with my mod since my computer crashed a few times recently, but heck.

It's still the same idea I had back then, a realism mod, with some new twists but still the same issues as well, like torpedo volleys and the like. I've just finished modding the Federation, and I'm now going to re-work the AI, see if I can still do that. Since my comment is still there on the topic you started, I should be fine.

But it's good to be back, and I do hope that some new discoveries have been made in the meanwhile. If not, I'm not too good to make the discoveries myself :P

On this topic: I tried several things to get the freighters to deliver latinum to the mining station instead of the starbase, mainly because I want a different starbase in the game, and because of practical issues. You don't stock up on latinum to travel a huge distance to deliver it, it's better to build a mining station and solve it that way. But the game doesn't like that, and no matter what I do, it seems that latinum is reserved for the starbase only. I'm curious to see if people can come up with a way to change this, I have been less than successful until now...

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:30 am

I think it would be possible, you may need to change the station file. But I am not sure as I have never looked into this.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:39 am

I have heard rumors that there is a way in Armada 2, believe it or not of all things, to get around the classLabel issue. Since we can't get through it, we get around it. I don't think this rumor is valid (thus, it's called a rumor). But I'll remain hopeful that it may be true.

If that's the case, it would make this issue of latinum being mended to only starbases obsolete and we could do this.

There is one possibility - if the station doesn't support dilithium that is - to make a small station (not a starbase) but give it a class label of a starbase (thus giving it the ability to pick up latinum). It doesn't seem at the moment that I know of any way to counter the problem any other way. Hmmm...

I haven't modded for some time either so I'll have to refresh myself on it sometime.
At the end of the river, the sundown beams. All the relics of a life long-lived. Here, weary traveler, rest your wand. Sleep the journey from your eyes.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:40 am

I just started making a personal trek mod for myself, I will look into this isssue while doing it.

Achilles
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Achilles » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:49 am

I did that here

http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Carda ... tion;31382

feel free to use the ODFs

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:55 am

As achilles has done it, it works. It is simply a case of telling the ship odf to be able to gather latinum and give it the beams to do it. Then the station must be editied to be able to process it.

I did this before too and will add that you must tell your freighter to mine latinum by clicking on the required nebula when the ship is 1st built. Then it will continue automatically. Otherwise it will mine dilithium by default. It will mine other things when told to but you must reaffirm that it goes back to mining latinum as it will not do so automatically.
The Borg will rock your world!

captainPicard
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by captainPicard » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:11 am

This is amazing. All it takes is one line in the mining station odf: latinumTransferRate = (?)
No fuss with class labels or whatever, just this one line. I'm not sure of latinum should be added to the line "resourcesCanHandle", though I don't think so, or maybe that is for AI purposes.
Also, the AI has no difficulty with delivering latinum to a mining platform instead of a starbase. I've just tested it and it went smoothly. Now I can kick that starbase out of the game and replace it with a space dock type station :twisted:

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:08 am

Awesome!!! :D :D

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Down Achilles mod and use its files as examples for modding your others stations. :D
The Borg will rock your world!