how to get A1 to work with XP READ THIS FOLKS

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

borgcom4
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

how to get A1 to work with XP READ THIS FOLKS

Post by borgcom4 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:21 pm

I have just installed A1 after a long time on my computer. I'm running windows XP. Well, the game installed just fine. Started just fine. I went to federation missions and click first mission, it's still doing fine. Once it comes to the mission objectives menu, all the words are missing pecies of each leter. Letters are looking like other letters. Mostly C's and O's. That's not all, the voice works, but bits and piece's of what the unit says when you click on it fade in and out. "We are t org" is what it sounds like on the borg side, when it should say "We are the Borg". Thanks for anyone's help. I havn't played A1 in a long time, so i might be a little out dated on it.

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:47 pm

Try updating your drivers. It's often the answer for a lot of the video and audio Armada problems.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:47 am

do u people use the search funtion? this question been answered so many times.... go to run-type in dxdiag-go to sound take down direct sound to basic acceleration then try...... im gonnna sticky this to point people to this....

borgcom4
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: how to get A1 to work with XP READ THIS FOLKS

Post by borgcom4 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:49 pm

This question has been answered so many times....
Not ture. You only answered one of my problems. I still do not know why the letters are the way they are. YES i used the search button, it keeps giving me this topic. So, what is wrong then with the letters.

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

Post by KevinJ » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:43 pm

i run a1 on xp and ive never had 1 problem with it :roll:
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:50 pm

Play with the graphics settings, tyr the alternate font. I've had this problem too except that its not a problem if you play a little with the setings

Rod.

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:16 pm

Yea the "alternat font" option is the way to go to fix your text problems.
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440

enva
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Windows 2000 sp4

Post by enva » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:21 am

Is the a way to get Armada I to work on a windows 2000 SP4 pc? when i click play it goes to the small box with "Startrek Armada" then screen goes black and returns to desktop.

Does anyone know a way to get it to work

thanks

adamfoxdavis
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

HELP-More XP Probles?

Post by adamfoxdavis » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:43 pm

RE: Armada 1 Graphics Probles with FMVs in game.

All mission briefings and in-mission cut sequences run EXTREAMLY SLOW.

I have tried all in game graphics settings.

I have adjusted graphics card quality settigns to both Optimal Quality, and Optimal Proformance.

I have run and tested all video settigns in dxdiag, as well as disabled AGP graphics acceleration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Box: DELL Dimension E510/P4 3.0GHz 4GB DDR RAM at 533MHz
Video: ATI X600 Pro 256MB PCI-X
Win XP Home Edition ver 2002, SP2

TIA

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:02 am

Cecil, I could kiss you right now (I think you'll forgive me if I don't follow through).

I've been having trouble with A1 for months now since I got my new comp and completely forgot changing DirectX. I was beginning to think i wouldn't be able to play FT to it's greatest extent.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

Firefly1
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: in the land of nowhere next to the land of somewhere but not as close as the land of neither here no

Post by Firefly1 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:12 am

i'm havin a problem with it on xp as well the game runs fine for about an hour then it just spontaniously quits any explanation for this?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

WarrenG12
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by WarrenG12 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:24 pm

i havent had any problems with A1 on my computer and i have XP....Have all of ya'll checked ure directX and updated it

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:54 pm

"Is the a way to get Armada I to work on a windows 2000 SP4 pc? when i click play it goes to the small box with "Startrek Armada" then screen goes black and returns to desktop.

Does anyone know a way to get it to work

thanks"

On your Desktop. Right Click and go to Properties. On your settings (where you have your screen resolution) go to advanced and on one of the tabs (think its troubleshooter) ensure 3D graphics acceleration is on full :))

If it is, see if it boots up okay in "Safe Mode" if it does, it may mean you need a better graphics card as I had this prob till I bought a PCI graphics card as the Motherboard graphics card was a piece of poop lol

RE: Armada 1 Graphics Probles with FMVs in game.

All mission briefings and in-mission cut sequences run EXTREAMLY SLOW.

I have tried all in game graphics settings.

I have adjusted graphics card quality settigns to both Optimal Quality, and Optimal Proformance.

I have run and tested all video settigns in dxdiag, as well as disabled AGP graphics acceleration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Box: DELL Dimension E510/P4 3.0GHz 4GB DDR RAM at 533MHz
Video: ATI X600 Pro 256MB PCI-X
Win XP Home Edition ver 2002, SP2

TIA

does the game have movies for briefings, I know theres the TGA animated texture things, but they arent movie files lol. Well whatever lol. I had this prob when I first put in FT's start up. Update your graphic's card drivers and set refresh rate to around 60 fps. Think mines on 65 and it works fine.

I'm havin a problem with it on xp as well the game runs fine for about an hour then it just spontaniously quits any explanation for this?'

the fact that it is running dont mean XP is at fault (unless you ran out of memory)

In the root Armada directory there is a folder titled "LOGS" inside the folder is (unlike A2 i may add) an inventory log. In the TXT file will outline your game. Any bugs if found (usually missing Hps or wav file errors) but inside it'll give you a cause for the crash. EG Could not find fbphas.odf

That'd crash if any ship went to fire this weapon. You have to read each line. It's pain staking but u get use to it after a while when u beta test things.

I think Armada needs Directx 7.0 or above. DirectX is actually on the Armada CD. Well the 1.2 version anyway (They were in DVD-Boxes and the pack with Elite Force and Armada 2)

Hope that helps ppl

Ad'

trekmanalpha
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Just an idea also...

Post by trekmanalpha » Thu May 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Something else to try in XP Home, is right click on the icon, select Properties, and in the Compatability tab, run in windows 98 mode, or even 95. Mine works great that way, but also I have onboard graphics. that seems to give me better gameplay than having a card installed. just more thought...

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman » Thu May 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Odd...i've never had to do anything to get any of my games to work on XP or Vista ever.
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf