Ulysses class

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Ulysses class

Post by icewolf132 »

hello everyone, long time no post :)

A while back I made a Ulysses class for the Twilight team to use, but since the mod has been canceled for A2 and moved to ST: Legacy Ive decided to polish it up a bit and release it to the community. all of the mesh work is final, but I am still tweaking the textures. what do you think?
Logius
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Logius »

Wow, that's a funky design... I like it, though. Make it compatible with A1, and I'll LOVE it. :P

It always seemed like more could be done with the saucer sections of Fed ships. Nice to see someone getting innovative with them.
Klingon: Your mother mates with toasters!
Data: How did you find out?!
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

Not to bad at all.
jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt »

:D I love that ship! It just looks so swish. Did you ever get round to that futuristic version?
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"
icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 »

thank you all, there is one thing I forgot; it weighs in at 1076 Pollys

Jolt- its only half modeled, I am stuck on the launchers :?
Terradyhne
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Terradyhne »

icewolf132 wrote:thank you all, there is one thing I forgot; it weighs in at 1076 Pollys

Jolt- its only half modeled, I am stuck on the launchers :?
its a Dreadnought or Battleship and so even 1800 polys would still be good
my E&F2 Constitution/Ent-A has more than 1300 polys and is only a Heavy Cruiser :D

btw your nacelles on theis ship are to thin, double the width and it will be correct
mark
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mark »

i hate to have to say this but that is a hideous design, the huge bit over the main saucer is to hige and wide, the nacelles are far to narrow and look poop because of that, the concept is ok but the overall finish just sucks mate, sorry but i look at that render and a see not a lot.
jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt »

mark wrote:i hate to have to say this but that is a hideous design, the huge bit over the main saucer is to hige and wide, the nacelles are far to narrow and look poop because of that, the concept is ok but the overall finish just sucks mate, sorry but i look at that render and a see not a lot.
You do know it was the Akira of it's day, right? This was feared in Klingon Academy, not too sure about SFC1/2.

There's something about the design which I particularly love. It's fantastic.
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"
SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale »

Sorry, I wasn't in my right mind -sorta drunk- :o
Last edited by SaiyaJin_Dale on Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 »

mark wrote:i hate to have to say this but that is a hideous design, the huge bit over the main saucer is to hige and wide, the nacelles are far to narrow and look poop because of that, the concept is ok but the overall finish just sucks mate, sorry but i look at that render and a see not a lot.
thankyou for being...subtle and constructive. unless I redo the way I make nacelles I will not make them any wider; they were that way when I first made them but they looked terrable to me so I slimed them down. can I make them beter? in the future maybe, but right now that's the best I can bloody do. I am not a pro modeler, im still very new to modeling.

the design it's self is based off of SFCII's Ulysses, its a design that you either like or hate.
SaiyaJin_Dale wrote:Know what it's missing? A Deflector dish...I hate to say, on the underside it should have a small one, or one on the saucer itself. Add that and toss it into A1 and i'll love it. D:
o.0 um...there is a deflector dish on it, its the big blue thing in the front of the Engineering section.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

I'm not a big "techie" kinda person with a bunch of stuff to criticize. And if I were I wouldn't criticize anything. I like it a lot!
Flew in here 17 years ago, flew out 13. Back then early 20s, dreamin'. Now, late 30s, reminiscin'. Too bad there wasn't an Armada 3, except the Sins of a Solar Empire mod. But hell, at least there's that. *Shrugs*