editing AI build rate? Is it possible??

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

daytonaturbo
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

editing AI build rate? Is it possible??

Post by daytonaturbo »

I've went and made my own .aip's for the AI cause I wanted the ai to perform differently when playing. I tried to program it similar to the way I play. Anyway, the problem I have found is this: I changed the aip to how I wanted it, then I fired up instant action and set the ai build time and cost down to as low as possible, resources to normal. I noticed that even if the ai had enough resources to continue moving down the aip list, it wouldn't. I aborted the mission and set the resources to max so everyone started out with a ton of resources, even though the ai build cost was already at .01. So with the resources at max, the computer flew through my .aip perfectly. So by this it seems that at the different resource levels the computer will build things at longer intervals, even if it has more than enough cash to start construction, it doesn't. Now to me, that's pretty annoying. If the computer has the resources to plow through the .aip, then I want it to. It seems to be doddling around just doing nothing for no particular reason. Why would it be doing this? And more importantly, how do I get the AI to build things as soon as it has the money, rather than just sitting around?
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

I lowered all the build times and build costs for the AI in the ODF files. Also you can increase the crew multiplication rate of you'll run out of crew even though you have wealth to build lots of ships and stations. :)
The Borg will rock your world!