Ship turrets..

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Jazznaz89
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Ship turrets..

Post by Jazznaz89 »

First, in A2, is it possible to have a ship with no acceleration, but a turning ability, in order to make it appear as a turning turret? Kinda like species 8472's turrets, but with ships.

Second, are there weapons that are directional? Eg: only fire the direction that the ship points.

Third, i assume it would be possible to construct a kind of "shipyard" platform that it builds from, which looks kinda like a base for it.. For an appearance similar to that of the Covenant Turrets in Halo 1, correct?
Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Ship turrets..

Post by Methos »

Jazznaz89 wrote:First, in A2, is it possible to have a ship with no acceleration, but a turning ability, in order to make it appear as a turning turret? Kinda like species 8472's turrets, but with ships.

Second, are there weapons that are directional? Eg: only fire the direction that the ship points.

Third, i assume it would be possible to construct a kind of "shipyard" platform that it builds from, which looks kinda like a base for it.. For an appearance similar to that of the Covenant Turrets in Halo 1, correct?

1-Try disabling the ships engines in the odf.
//SYSTEM HITPOINTS
//These values are the hitpoint values of the systems
//If the value is set to zero the ship does not have that system
enginesHitPoints = 0

2-Yes,In the weapon odf you want it for add this line.
// Restrict the Fire Arc
restrictFireArc = 1
// Use this fire arc restriction
fireArc = 1.61

3-I guess,you can mod just about anything to build something.