I hope I dont get kick for this!!A couple of qestions?

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

bisk
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

I hope I dont get kick for this!!A couple of qestions?

Post by bisk » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:30 pm

Okay I give up so many mods come with parts missing...i.e. wireframs or my fav.... build buttons.I have tryed the right way and still cant make buttons. I think the reason is the tutorials says I need to load the mbg.black.sod but i dont see this in a2.So now to cheat ...

1 how do you take a pic ingame?and were is the pic stored?

2 if you make a build button for a ship that is not yours is that stealing someone elses work?

3 what about darking or lighting the textures is that also wrong?

4 if wireframe are included most work but some only give corners or no pics how do you fix this i know the numbers sometimes need to be switched (128 to 64 or etc.)

5 AND IF I DO ALL THIS PLUS EDIT THE ODFS SO THEY FIT INTO THE GAME AND I DONT PUT IT OUT FOR DOWNLOADS IS THIS WRONG?

6 I know after what i have seen in the odfs that this game is based off a tank/airplane game does anyone no what it was or is?

Im sorry sometimes I dont agree with say a unkillable ship or I want different wepons or a better name etc. I would love to make my own ships but with 30 days to learn to make sods and textures (the trial version of milkshape 3d) its not possible.I have readed many tutorials and I have tryed may times but after haveing to reboot my entire system so I can reinstall milk I gave up.Trust me for 5 years I have been waiting on the talon from farscape...since I bought my comp and a1. I pretty sure that is before the parallels mod was started ..And Im so happy to see it comeing.. but I have always wanted to try my own hand at ship makeing.So I have been reduced to downloading huge mods for 1 or 2 ships then reworking them into my game..I dont want to upset anyone one.. really I love all the great ships and mods everyone puts out they are sooo amazing..Hence is why I do this..and since I dont really dont use the web for much I dont comment on anything (not knowing how to work forums and etc)..but Im begining to see it might be the only way to fix my "boggles".Any help is greatly appreciated.I'd like to think Im very creative and would love to help by writing odf files for anyone that would like me to.I would also like to one day show my game mod off but with all the people to give credits to for sods,buttons,and wireframes the list would go on forever (or atlest since the complete revamping of this site).well thanks for the time and mods . Keep alive and flying.

"Second star to the left and straight on till morning"
signed
CAPT. Bisk
" Huh..." As I sat in my birthday suit in the desert sun, waiting for Serenity to arrive... " That went well..."

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:13 pm

u cant be banned for asking question

Porty
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Porty » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:12 am

You can do anything you like to your own personal mod, it's only if you attempt to release any changes you have made without getting permission or crediting the original author of the work that it becomes an issue!! :wink:

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:35 pm

Yeah, I don't see any problem with this. :)
At the end of the river, the sundown beams. All the relics of a life long-lived. Here, weary traveler, rest your wand. Sleep the journey from your eyes.

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:09 pm

Also, Milkshape is really cheap so don't hide behind the thirty day thing. Make sure you get Westworlds Big Book on Modding (downloadable from this site) as it is a good resource

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: I hope I dont get kick for this!!A couple of qestions?

Post by Phantom » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:29 pm

1 how do you take a pic ingame?and were is the pic stored?
Control+Shift+Z and it will be stored into your root Armada folder

2 if you make a build button for a ship that is not yours is that stealing someone elses work?
No as you created it, though if you're releasing you could credit the person who created the ship you made the button for

3 what about darking or lighting the textures is that also wrong?
Only if you release and give no credit to the original author

4 if wireframe are included most work but some only give corners or no pics how do you fix this i know the numbers sometimes need to be switched (128 to 64 or etc.)
Check your Sprites file "GUI_Global.spr" at the bottom it contains all the Wireframe map and pixel locations. Westworlds Big Book of Modding details how to create them.

5 AND IF I DO ALL THIS PLUS EDIT THE ODFS SO THEY FIT INTO THE GAME AND I DONT PUT IT OUT FOR DOWNLOADS IS THIS WRONG?

Why would it be? Everyone has personal mods that they play to escape the real world, just cause you create something dont mean you HAVE to release it

6 I know after what i have seen in the odfs that this game is based off a tank/airplane game does anyone no what it was or is?
Lol, it was a tank game

Im sorry sometimes I dont agree with say a unkillable ship or I want different wepons or a better name etc. I would love to make my own ships but with 30 days to learn to make sods and textures (the trial version of milkshape 3d) its not possible.I have readed many tutorials and I have tryed may times but after haveing to reboot my entire system so I can reinstall milk I gave up.

I dont normally do this but you seem to have determination, if you do and you arent prepared to give up on the first hurdle, I'll teach you how to model in Milkshape

Hope that answers ya questions and dont be an idiot, you wont get banned for asking questions, - well unless it is Future Tense's release date as that'll just frustrate but whatever haha (Jokin btw)

Have fun :)

Ad'

bisk
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Thank you

Post by bisk » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:09 am

Ahh Thank you Mr. Phantom and all those who replyed I was worryed about these subujects so much that my wife said she was about to strangle me lol.And I would love all the help I can get.It is so upseting when in a week I can download about 10-20 ingame objects (example all the current stargate mods...my current project) and put together such a fun mod but cant share it with anyone or even brag or complain about it!Well I will have to see how much milk cost it might be what I ask for this xmas. Ah one more question left for the moment....Okay the storm 3d tool
tutorial used in button making says
""Fire up Storm 3D. Press delete to remove the Star Trek Armada logo. Use the F8 key to load the “MbgBlack.SOD” and then press space to insert it into the program. The SOD nicely covers up the star field in the background which is helpful for a reason you will see later on. Press F8 again and search through the list of SOD files until you find the ship you want then press open (e.g. Fcruise1.sod). Move the mouse to the centre of the window and insert the ship by pressing space.""
When I loaded it this first thing to show was the "bug" missing sod pic and I know there is no MbgBlack.sod in the sod folder I have checked.what am I doing wrong ?And how do I fix it? Thank to all of yall again!!
" Huh..." As I sat in my birthday suit in the desert sun, waiting for Serenity to arrive... " That went well..."

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:45 am

A1 or A2? do u have both?? if so grab it from A1

bisk
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

lol

Post by bisk » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:14 am

I have all the resouces of the web muhahahah...yes I have the demo of a1 and I did load it into from there not sure of the texture file yet but I'm sure I'll find it .So it dose not make a difference if its from a1?

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:35 pm

nah it will load up