star trek armada logo????

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

jnddepew
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

star trek armada logo????

Post by jnddepew » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:42 pm

I have a problem with a freighter and a shipyard I'm making. it seems to be the same thing. i make it in milkshape 3d. then i export it. and when i open it in storm 3d or ingame, it is the "star trek armada" logo any help?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:04 pm

press delete

It will remove the logo.

Then press F8 and select your sod. Press space to make it appear

Ad'

jnddepew
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by jnddepew » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:54 pm

i know about that. but my ship appears as that. and ingame it appears as that. sometimes it's a light.

jnddepew
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by jnddepew » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:29 am

alright, this might help. the one ship is a dilithium freighter, does that have anything to do with it? and the other is a shipyard. the shipyard ingame is a light. and the freighter ingame is the star trek armada logo.

another thing. do you need to have the hardpoints for the things on the freighter that turn blue when it has dilithium in it? or will they work without those

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:04 pm

8O Very weird indeed. The only thing I can think of is the SODs getting switched around :?

Freighters will work without the Dilithium nodes, the only difference is that you won't see and visual sign on the ship that it's full.
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

jnddepew
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by jnddepew » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:47 pm

I keep exporting it over and over, but it still doesn't work. is there any special thing you have to do for freighters and shipyards for them to work?

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:59 pm

jnddepew,

Please post up a step by step process that you are using (include all steps).

Regards,

Pepperman

jnddepew
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by jnddepew » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:01 pm

Alright.
1. I make the model with lightwave3d.
2. I import it into milkshape3d.
3. I give it a texture which I have made in Adobe Photoshop Elements, saving the texture as a .tga in the Armada/Textures/rgb directory as a 24 bit 512 by 512 pixel file.
4. I add the hardpoints, following the milkshape hardpointing tutorial I downloaded from this website. (I make the root, the group hardpoints, the stuff that comes out of the root, the stuff that comes from damage and all the hardpoints themselves. I make sure to make a build and repair hardpoint for the shipyard.)
5. I export the file to a .sod file and save it in my Star Trek Armada/SOD folder.
6. I copy one of the other odf files, “fyard.odf” for my shipyard and “ffreight.odf” for my freighter.
7. I make the necessary changes to the file, making sure there are no hardpoints there that I don’t have on the model.
8. I add it into the tech1.tt and the freetech.tt as pyard.odf 0 and pfreight.odf 0
9. I make them buildable by the construction ship and by the starbase.
10. I set the file on the mining station so that it will use the freighter I’ve made instead of the default federation one.
11. I try opening up them both in storm 3d and they are the star trek armada logo. I messed around a little with the shipyard and then it became a directional light.
12. Ingame the dilithium freighter is the star trek armada logo and the shipyard is the directional light. The shipyard builds stuff but the freighter doesn’t mine because it doesn’t have any hardpoints for that I presume.

I think that’s all.

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Not quite what I had in mind.

After setting up the heirarch, export the model from Milkshape using the sod export plug-in. Give it an appropriate name (e.g., filename.sod) which is 8 characters or less.

Place this file (model) into the Armada sod folder

Place the textures into the Armada textures/RGB folder

Open the storm 3d application

Hit the delete key to kill the logo

Load the model into the storm 3d application (press F8 key) and type in the filename from above (e.g., filename.sod)

Press the space bar to make it appear

Should work

jnddepew
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by jnddepew » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:36 pm

it doesn't. I know about that. the problem is that both the storm 3d editor AND ingame have the logo. (when I build the freighter ingame, my starbase builds the star trek armada logo. when I build my shipyard ingame, my construction ship builds a directional light.)

in other words, this isn't just the newbie problem of not knowing how to get rid of the logo and open their ship, it's the actual sod file being somehow replaced with the star trek armada logo and the directional light.
has this ever happened before?
I hope so.

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:57 pm

The only way that I can imagine that it can happen is that if you accidentially hit F9 and gave it you ship or stations file name will the logo was on the screen or the screen was blank with just the light. If you go threw the process again it should over right the files and might them as they should be.

jnddepew
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by jnddepew » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:19 am

i already tried that. it still doesn't work.

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:28 pm

You want me to try exporting it from my end. If so, send me the file and I'll give it a go. You have my email addy.

jnddepew
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by jnddepew » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:01 pm

alright, thanks I sent them to you.