problem with fleet ops models

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

adamjboucher
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

problem with fleet ops models

Post by adamjboucher »

i was browsing their new site when i found this on the faq questions page.

No, not with prior authorisation from us. You can however use materials from Fleet Operations in your personal mods - that means in any mod that isn't released to public.

So i tried to add some of the ships to my personal mod but when i tested it most of them were invisiable. Does anyone know the reason for this as I know about the box that occurs when sod is mislabed but this ones a new one for me. any help would be appreciated.
CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko »

Most of FleetOps models are encoded a certain way so that they only work with Fleet Ops code...the best way is to use a model program and strip the model of all the joints and hardpoints and such..and rehardpoint it...it can be time consuming as well.
Captain Benjamin Sisko of the U.S.S. Defiant
adamjboucher
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by adamjboucher »

thank you.

I knew it was not one of the problems i normally run into while modding armada. i got one to work but dont know what makes this one differnt. I dont have the software or the skills to do it but at least i know its not proberly something i did wrong. so you saved me spending hours trying to get something to work which wont work.
Achilles
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Achilles »

the contain mod specific sprites, either create the sprites in you spr files or hex edit the model and rename them to conventional ones...