Armada doesn't start

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Bassman1
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Bassman1 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:14 am

I've gone through and uninstalled everything that I have installed since the last time I knew it was working...mostly games and stuff...and it had no effect. I had a program called ObjectBar for a little while, and some other Stardock themes that I thought might have caused the problem, but that didn't help. Also, I uninstalled the Zune desktop theme, and again, no change. I don't even know if any of those things would have caused it, but I noticed the problem shortly after dealing with those programs. Does anyone know if I could be feeling any leftover effects from those apps, such as a registry change that the uninstall didn't fix?

kips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kips » Thu May 03, 2007 10:40 am

Is your copy of Armada Ie the disk ok?
life is life and death well thats a pain in the neck.

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...

steviegirl
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by steviegirl » Thu May 03, 2007 10:49 am

Find the registry file,in the system folder.You might need too e-mail major payne,or somebody who would know that file name,in the system registry,anyway....once you find that file,delete it,then re-install.If that don't work,make sure you patch too,then if it doesn't work...keep your install,download files from here,they will basically re-place your files to an original "install",witch might fool your system!Good journy! :lol:
"He´s dead Jim,you get the tri-corder,I´ll get his wallet."

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey » Thu May 03, 2007 2:39 pm

Try a system restore to the last point when it was working. Be sure to backup anything important before you do.

Bassman1
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Bassman1 » Thu May 03, 2007 4:29 pm

I've tried to restore XP to back when it was working in January, but it said there was no change. I know it was working then because I was playing it in Feb. and March, but I guess Windows hadn't changed. Then yesterday there was a major problem with my sound card...it didn't want to detect it...so I had to restore it to a couple of days earlier, and now the earliest restore point is April 30th. My disk is fine...it is not physically scratched at all. I guess I should try the registry thing...are you talking about a registry file for Armada? Also, what do you mean download files from here? Which files should I get?

thanks
Last edited by Bassman1 on Fri May 04, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey » Fri May 04, 2007 12:11 am

try to go back a little further... let's say points when you've installed XP updates or had major software installation or driver updates. I would only do so if all other recourse has been exhausted. Just be prepare to reinstall only the important updates if it works. Ruling out a defective CD, You obviously made changes in your computer unknowingly that affected the installation of A1. This is only way - I can think of - to find out. This or as a last result a full reformatting.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Fri May 04, 2007 4:23 am

please no meation of copyed games as they are illegail

Bassman1
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Bassman1 » Fri May 04, 2007 4:28 pm

Sorry cecilzero1...I didn't think about that.

I guess I may have to try the reformatting thing this summer, as there are no more restore points before April 30th anymore. Thanks for your help guys.

dragonbreath
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dragonbreath » Sat May 05, 2007 6:54 pm

Sadly, removing the program that installed starforce does NOT remove starforce. You need to look for the starforce removal tool that was made by the company that made starforce.

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Sun May 06, 2007 7:58 am

what about your video card drivers, have you changed them?

Bassman1
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Bassman1 » Wed May 09, 2007 12:32 pm

No, they're the same as always. And I don't actually have starforce...it was a company called stardock that published the windowblinds software that I had mentioned. Well, finals are over now, and I'm heading home in a couple of days, so I'm just going to by an external hard drive, backup my system, and re-image my hard drive. Hopefully that should fix it. Thanks for all your help guys.

mattym1985
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by mattym1985 » Wed May 09, 2007 3:18 pm

are you going to wipe and reinstall or use a cd image of windows

before trying that look for the following

check the install dir for stardock see if anything is left

check the armada dir see if that is deleted

also try running windows updates to download the latest version of your drivers to make sure that they are not corrupted

i hope this helps you