Halo, anyone?

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

valient20
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Halo, anyone?

Post by valient20 »

Has anyone considered doing a Halo mod for A2? I think that would be freakin awesome on the a2 engine. What do you think? anyone wanna try?
Im gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.
jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt »

I'm just helping a developer compile a Forerunner race mod for Armada 2. Funnily enough, it doesn't include the Forerunner ship. (Don't expand on this if you know what I'm talking about, it'll ruin it for those who haven't seen Halo 2).

The thing about modding Armada 2 to include anything to do with Halo is dangerous because of two words, "Halo Wars". With Armada being an RTS and the fact that Microsoft are fully aware of the FileFront network (and probably its affiliates) they are quick to Cease and Desist. In deed, Halogen for Command and Conquer Generals was CnD'd and so was another mod for Dawn of War. I can understand them being like this; Halo is afterall Microsoft's flagship title.

For all I know, the developer might be asked to have the Forerunner mod down. It seems like you can barely add anything Halo related without being taken down. A few ships, here and there, but nothing big.
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"
valient20
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by valient20 »

wow. thats really lame. And they are allowed to do that?
Im gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.
jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt »

Unfortunately yes, completely within their rights. We cannot really argue it either. We're the one's in breach, it's merely up to them whether or not they chose to follow it up.
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"
Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus »

just call it something else and dont use any of the regular names for stuff in the mod.
Today's People are Tomorrows Fossil Fuels - Dion Williams