new missions

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

M514R
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

new missions

Post by M514R » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:14 am

ok there are some great modders here and you do some great things. but why don't we have more in the way of creating new mission maps . oh i mean a2 but hey when f.t. comes out i'll switch but there just doesn't seem like there is much out there , just my 2 cents
definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and over and over

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:18 am

If you mean making new missions, it's because it's like impossible or something. If you mean simply making like multiplayer maps, than I guess I'm with you in wondering.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:09 pm

If you say so Doci7.

Missions are incredibly difficult to do - not "impossible"

As for multiplayer maps, there are some on AFC, failing that you could always download a map editor for your own and then make your own. I also did a google search a long time ago for maps and there were loads of filefront sites hosting 2 - 8 player maps :)

Ad'

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:29 pm

In my own defense, my exact words were "like impossible or something". But perhaps in my ignorance I should never have posted at all. I don't know. I had heard about the Hex Editor concept and looked into it a bit, but whatever sense is to be made of hex-editing is far beyond my limited comprehension, I suppose.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:41 pm

I was teasing you lol. Yes missions are very very near impossible as its about 90% hard coded such as objectives and what not. But dont think u shouldnt post thats just silly lol.

With the missions you can play around with cameras and what not, but objectives are hard and are difficult to alter without crashes. The BIK movies are hard coded triggers so the missions would have to trigger those events displayed too so best you can do is alter present missions with new ships and movies.

With multiplayer maps the possibilities however are endless :)

Ad'

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Teasing: I should have known. Now I even take posts too seriously!!! But more on the subject, I wondered after reading your previous post if it is possible to add movies to multiplayer maps. Certainly they have the triggers of mission start and mission conclusion in common with real missions, I would think. But I'm not even sure that multi-maps even have all of the same files as single-maps. I really haven't looked into it, due to the discouraging nature of hex-stuff, and the fact that the BIK tool seems unwilling to operate on my computer. But I'd still be interested to know if it is doable.