A few questions =)

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Jazznaz89
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

A few questions =)

Post by Jazznaz89 »

Hi everybody!

i have a few questions which i wouldn't mind some help with..

first off, how do i get a ship to stop pointing towards its target? For example, i want my battlestar to stop spinning on the spot to point at a passing scout ship.. If its gonna fire at all i want the battlestar to remain stationary while its dorsal guns try to take out the scout. The guns are pulse based and have the range, and and i have turned off the restricted firing arc.. But the battlestar always eventually turns to face its opponent. I do not wish to eradicate its turning towards enemies completely however, because i want it to face them when it launches nukes.

second, i want the battlestar to Have a slow and lumbering sort of physics to it.. How would be the best way to do this?

third: would it be possible to use a system similar to the galaxy class's seperating/combining ability to launch and recall a squadron of attack vipers?

i had a few others but i can't remember them right now.

Please ignore and glaring spelling or grammatical errors that may be present as i'm posting from my phone during lunch at work lol.

cheers, i look forward to replies :)
MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan »

Not sure if the first thing you're asking is possible. What happens if you reduce movement autonomy? Does the ship still turn?

The physics parameters can be changed to make the ship appear heavy. Particularly, reduce the omega turn rates in the physics files (file name is in the ship's odf). Don't have A2 installed at the moment so I can't cite the lines for you.

I recommend that you take a look at the galaxy class. See how the separation mechanism works. I would imagine that some level of separation/reintegration with fighters is possible. Take a look at FleetOps as well; they added some code precisely for the purpose of adding fighter carriers.
uss_shanker

Post by uss_shanker »

MrVulcan this is captain singh of the shanker i need ur email address to send voice recordings

(captains log supplemental i have fail to receive a communication from MrVulcan concerning my speciality in voice translation if starfleet is to survive then they will need me as an ultimate language translator weather if its the borg klingom or romulan they will need me at some point as for my ship the shanker is freelancing the delta quadarent without aid from starfleet. Our transwarp drive is out of gas and will take 2 months to return home and i also have bin given a new ship and a new crew in wich i look forward in working with.
Last edited by uss_shanker on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan »

uss_shanker, you may send recordings to TPankov AT yahoo DOT ca

Also, this is not the topic you should be posting this in.
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

uss_shanker dont hijack threads make ur own next time
uss_shanker

ER

Post by uss_shanker »

Err i didnt knw i hijacked threads this is my own.
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

u didnt make this topic now drop it u been warn i wont discuss it anymore
USS_Oblivion
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Oblivion »

Shame Shame, Mr. Shanker :twisted:
Jazznaz89
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

:!:

Post by Jazznaz89 »

Jazznaz89 here again!

An updated pic of BSG, and a few more questions.

First, Galactica. I need to make a proper inner hull texture, right now its just the normal texture. I also need to create the rest of the armour plating and a few more ribs, i know its going to be high poly but it runs fine on my computer, if i release this or a mod of some sort i might reduce the count a bit by having low res ships. Its all just a matter of how lazy i feel this weekend :P

I've given is its own physics set, its not perfect yet but it does convey the whole, "hey im massive and awesome" factor, at least for the moment.

My next question is, can i give the galactica FTL animations? In the series the side pods retract into the ship before a jump, can i make this happen in game? If so, how can i do this? I have 3DS max 5, but no idea how to animate, let alone animate in a capacity that Armada 2 will handle.

Is anybody out there willing to help me over msn?

Cheers
Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zman »

My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf
Jazznaz89
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Jazznaz89 »

I'd love too, but i like like to learn by doing it myself. I already have the weapon in place, all i need to know is how to animate for armada II, and if animations can be tagged to run when a special weapon fires.
pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman »

What modelling program are you using? You will need to have MAX in order to do animations. Milkshape will not work.
MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan »

A2 has an odf line that tells a ship to animate when a weapon is fired. Think its:

animateOwner = 1

Never tried it though. I'm pretty sure A2 has some other nifty lines to control sod animation such as playback speed and whether the animation plays forwards or backwards. Take a look at the odf command list in the big book of modding.
Jazznaz89
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Jazznaz89 »

Yes that works, i did it yesterday after finding it in the bbom. Now i still have an issue, the animation doesnt stop where its supposed to, the pods retract into the ship, then stop, then reverse like theyre meant to, but as they retract they dont stop, and they just keep going. This error does not occur in Storm 3d or 3DsMax, and it makes me sad and stuff =[ any animation buffs who can help?