Custom Mission Problems

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Jazznaz89
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Jazznaz89 »

Last time i checked, Single Player missions could not be edited(easily) or created(at all).

I may be incorrect though. I invite somebody to correct me, because i would also like to know :P
SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale »

Jazznaz89 wrote:Last time i checked, Single Player missions could not be edited(easily) or created(at all).

I may be incorrect though. I invite somebody to correct me, because i would also like to know :P
Welllllllllllllllllllllll.....

Editing Single Player Missions are Classified for now, but as soon as FT is released i'm sure that you'll be able to edit them. lol
graviton
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by graviton »

If I remember correctly from by attempts at custom mission-making, the hex file must retain the exact same bytesize. So anything you change (for example from 'Dark Omens' to 'Endings') must be padded with whitespace.

I think :wink:
Melior Posco Venia Quam Scisco Licentia
Jazznaz89
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Jazznaz89 »

SaiyaJin_Dale wrote:
Jazznaz89 wrote:Last time i checked, Single Player missions could not be edited(easily) or created(at all).

Welllllllllllllllllllllll.....

Editing Single Player Missions are Classified for now, but as soon as FT is released i'm sure that you'll be able to edit them. lol
What... it hasnt been released yet?

And keeping code for modding the single player aspect of the game to themselves(the team) is a bit selfish, its not even their engine, it should be shared. I'm pretty sure you cant have propriety code for an engine you dont have paid rights for :?
doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 »

Jazznaz89 wrote: ...keeping code for modding the single player aspect of the game to themselves(the team) is a bit selfish, its not even their engine, it should be shared. I'm pretty sure you cant have propriety code for an engine you dont have paid rights for :?
A valid point, however in the strictest sense nothing is being withheld that no one couldn't hypothetically discover for themselves. No one's holding secrets to be selfish, just to make the release of the mod more exciting, although that probably doesn't make anyone feel any better about the fact that it is being withheld.