I need advice to finish new dom mining station

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Cmndr_Parker1
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

I need advice to finish new dom mining station

Post by Cmndr_Parker1 »

I just finished a wonderful dominion mining station, but I'm having trouble with the exaust animations. I'm using the wbeams texture from stock armada, but when I export the model to SOD and view it, the black portions of the wbeams texture show up in the finished version. I checked the wbeams texture, and there is no alpha channel, so I'm not sure why the black is invisible in the stock models, but shows up on mine.
I need to know how to get this to work, because I still have to do a Sona, Talarian, and Gorn mining station and I want to go all out for this mod.
Any help would be great.
MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan »

The original texture is used with the "additive" material (or additive blending). With additive blending, the texture RGB values are literally being added to the RGB values of whatever is behind that texture.

Since the RGB values of pure black are 0,0,0, nothing is being added in this type of blending. The result is that the black portions appear transparent.

To implement additive blending, add a "c_tm_additive" node to the mesh that uses this wbeam texture.

Hope this helps.
Achilles
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Achilles »

MrVulcan wrote:The original texture is used with the "additive" material (or additive blending). With additive blending, the texture RGB values are literally being added to the RGB values of whatever is behind that texture.

Since the RGB values of pure black are 0,0,0, nothing is being added in this type of blending. The result is that the black portions appear transparent.

To implement additive blending, add a "c_tm_additive" node to the mesh that uses this wbeam texture.

Hope this helps.
Nicely done :wink:
Cmndr_Parker1
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cmndr_Parker1 »

I knew it was something like that, I just couldn't put the clues together and figure it out myself. I'm going to try it out right now.
Thanks a million Mr. Vulcan.....Good to see your still around Achilles!
Cmndr_Parker1
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cmndr_Parker1 »

Thanks for the help, I finally got it to work....and I am so happy.
here is what the final version looks like.

http://soulforge.tripod.com/dominion_mine.bmp
Cmndr_Parker1
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cmndr_Parker1 »

Armada 2. It has light maps.
MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan »

Looks good, Parker. Hope to see the other stations soon. Also, you can have lightmaps in A1 :wink:, albeit they work differently.

Achilles, lol, thanks :P
pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman »

CP, could you be convinced to export it out as an A1 sod in addition to A2. I am sure someone here would be will to make the accompaning files to get it into the game
Cmndr_Parker1
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cmndr_Parker1 »

I still have some kinks to work out of it, and I need to complete several more dominion bases. I do plan to release all my models after my mod is done. And I will consider releasing a second set of models for A1.