pod classlabel

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Tommygun_BoG
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

pod classlabel

Post by Tommygun_BoG » Tue May 12, 2009 1:05 pm

there's a problem i just can't fix: a1's ai won't build attachments on research stations that have another classlabel than "pod". as human player it's possible to build them and they work fine, but the ai just won't build it.
is there any way to get around with it?

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:41 am

When I last modded the game, I was trying to do something similar and couldn't get anywhere. To me it's about as likely to get something like that working as it is for all of the Star Trek 2009 cast to agree to do a full seven-season series together without wanting a ton of money.

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:10 pm

You're quite right, getting the AI to build non-pod attachments is impossible as far as I could tell. Research stations can only build pods, shipyards can only produce ships, and construction ships can only build stations.

Iit may be possible to do a little trick here. I've been looking into using immobile contruction ships that can build pod-like stations (stations with a station type classlabel). They'll build the pods around themselves within a certain range of their location. If you give this immobile contruction ship a research station SOD, this shouldn't look half bad.

Admittedly, I haven't gotten this to work fully before I got distracted by other modding :P. Give this a try. You'll see me posting about this if I can get the idea to work.

Captain_Bruce
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Captain_Bruce » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:41 am

Well it is possible you could use the parent class "station" and it might be able to build addons that are not pods. The other possibility is using the "starbase" class label and change the pods to the officer upgrade class, which might cause the ai to build them, since the ai knows to build officer upgrades, it's just been a long time since I've messed with that class label so no guarantees, but possible solutions.
With the dreamer dies the dream, with the dream dies the dreamer.