AI question/Poll for My mod

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Do you want the Borg to be modified in STAUCP

Yes
50%
No
No votes
It's your mod, dude. Do what you will.
50%

Total votes: 2

Star_Dragon_001
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

AI question/Poll for My mod

Post by Star_Dragon_001 »

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted here. Anyway...

I've been working on STAUCP (For those that don't remember, and those that don't know, STAUCP means "Star Trek Armada Units Compilation Pack") and was testing a map I made called "Bottleneck Junkyard" when I noticed something strange:

In this map, I had put both sides (There were two players) on equal footing, meaning that both sides had Fed, Klingon, and Romulan ships & Starbases. When I tested the map to find potential bugs, I had put myself as rommies and the enemy as the feds. About Mid-game before I saved and exited, I noticed that the enemy was using both federation *and* romulan ships and stations. I studied them for a few minutes to confirm this.

Question #1: Does anyone have any idea what would cause this AI behavior?

Question #2: Is it possible to get the AI to use all three of the races I put on the map?

/////////////////Another Question\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

If I released STAUCP to the community, should I include a Borg side?
MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan »

I say its up to you on the Borg, but I would at least replace the stock models and rebalance where necessary so that they remain playable.

The other questions I can't really answer as AI isn't exaclty my forte. I would suspect that this has something to do with having selected map units in game setup. If I recall correctly, changing the AI race doesn't restrict it to that race's build list. That is, the build list is somehow determined according to the the starting units present on the map.

It'd be interesting to see what you can find out about this.