Way of the warrior 3 in final testing and tidying up mode

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Way of the warrior 3 in final testing and tidying up mode

Post by wotw3 » Mon May 03, 2010 5:05 am

I haven't posted on the Armada forums for over 5 years - been too busy - 3 redundancies and getting married really chew up your spare time 8)

Do any of you remember my previous mods - Way of the warrior and Bitter conflict :?:

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Screenshots available

Post by wotw3 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:26 am

Please use the following link to see some screenshots:

http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad46/wotw3/fedshow/

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

MOD contents

Post by wotw3 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:52 am

Let me tell you a little about Way of the Warior3:

Its really a Kirk era MOD - with Archer Era and Picard Era units as a bonus to each team.

There are 5 destinct types of ship

Fighters and Scouts -small, very hard to hit but weak
Destroyers - Great for hit and run raids
Frigates - Weaker than destroyers but have 1 or 2 special weapons
Cruisers - Great v Destroyers
Science - weak, but with lots of specials
Battleships - when brute force is needed. GoodvCruisers, terriblevdestroyers!

Each ship has a distict role, and few ships directly replace others for each race within Eras.

Federation (Kirk Era) Destroyer/Frigate/Cruiser Shipyard:

Row 1
Thunder class Destroyer - Antimatter mines
Okinawa class Frigate - Point defence phaser
Constitution class Cruiser (refit) - Partial corbomite reflector (beams)

Row 2
Akula class Destroyer - Long range weapons (length 600)
Athos class Frigate - Reduces fire rate and accuracy of enemy ships
Excelsior Cruiser - Most powerful cruiser in the Kirk era

Row 3
Lynx class Destroyer - Great v Battleships. Has enhanced ECM
Akyazi class Frigate - Engine overloads
Lexington Command Cruiser - Boosts morale of nearby ships

Federation (Kirk Era) Battle/Science Shipyard:

Row 1 (Battleships)
Federation Refit - Battleship with long range phasers (length 433)
Yamato Class - Battleship/Troop carrier
Ulysees Class - Battleship with torpedo spreads

Row 2 (Science ships)
Yawahau Class - Engineering Teams, Miracle Workers
Gorgon Class - Freezes enemies for a short time
Centaur Class - Disable shields on enemy ships and stations

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Way of the warrior 3 in final testing and tidying up mod

Post by wotw3 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Its ready! I've even modified a few of the scenarios... Just waiting on approval/testing for upload

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Federation Kirk era screenshots
Loading - set to kirk/Archer Era Units, Kirk Era Tech...
Kirk/Archer Era starting nits for Fed: (Same units for Archer/Kirk Era, different tech...)
Thunder Class Destroyer,Good for mine laying early in the game, helping to detect cloaked ships on a hit and run raid...
Constitution Heavy Cruiser is built
And the Meson Heavy Frigate
Looking up...
Research 1
Yard 1
Buttons
Note that there are three distinct tech levels. In the first the ships have plain grey hulls, the second have red chevrons and the third has white hulls with blue circles on the primary saucer sections... In the first yard there are 3 destroyers, Three Frigates and 4 different cruisers that can be constructed.
Yard 2
Again we have 3 tech levels. The center 3 ships are the science ships.

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:53 am

Klingons, Kirk Era:

Yard1, Builds Cruisers, Frigates and Destroyers
Like the Feds, there are three distinct tech levels. Note the coloration of the ships; Tech level 4 is grey, 5 have red nacelles and 6 have green nacelles. The last cruiser is on its own, half way between the Kirk and the Next Gen era.

Destroyer 1: Batlh - Dual role, minelayer, early raids on mining facilities
Frigate 1: K'chol Fleet support
Cruiser 1: K'Tinga - Fitted with the Graviton Torpedo, Anti Romulan
Destroyer 2: Qib'veq Long Range Destroyer. Use is groups to attack turrets from a distance. Doesn't have the range of other races LRD's - Klingons like to be up close a personal!
Frigate 2: Huj'Jaw - Cascade Sensor Jammer
Cruiser 2: Naldaq - Heavy Torpedo - Anti Fed
Destroyer 3: Insurrection - Cloaked Assassin
Frigate 3: PummoH - Target Suppressor
Cruiser 3: Charghwl: Poleron Heavy Cruiser
Cruiser 4: veSbom - Command Cruiser

galac
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by galac » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:50 am

this looks awesome :) i'll play this on my old laptop for sure... thank God, somebody still plays/mods A1 :D

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:06 pm

galac wrote:this looks awesome :) i'll play this on my old laptop for sure... thank God, somebody still plays/mods A1 :D
The earlier versions of this weren't ever released, in fact here on this site only versions 1.3 and 1.4 are available. There isn't even a version 2 available. I've searched for it and the Bitter Conflicts Mod and even that doesn't exist anywhere at all.

I've rarely seen any mods for Armada 1 anymore since it hardly works on newer machines. And since Microsoft has ended support and all updates for Windows XP along with earlier operating systems and eventually Windows Vista as well these type of operating systems and older games that worked on them such as Armada 1 are phasing out, and eventually the same will happen to Armada 2 as well. Sadly A1 and A2 are nearing their end from what I've discovered. After all, here and at A2Files new mods are rarely released (apparently never here) and only once a month (2 a month at the most) at A2Files' website.

Case and point for this, take a look at the Fleet Operations (FleetOps) Mod for Armada 2, they're even getting away from A2 and making a whole new game with a new engine using the EZEngine. The best bet is to make mods that will work with FleetOps and or wait for FleetOps 4.0 to be released whenever its completed and attempt modding that or using the Mods Directory they're saying will still be available. FleetOps 4.0 will be able to work on newer computers and laptops and eventually it seems other operating systems other than Windows as well.

Nowadays, when I find a mod for A1 or A2 I take it apart since even with all its patches A1 doesn't work on my Windows 7 computer and I add the ships, stations, and every file for it to a new folder within FleetOps 3.2.7's Mods Directory and just play Instant Action games since the campaign stories/missions never work within FleetOps. (The difference is A2 Mods with campaigns, they work).

If Way Of The Warrior 3 does ever come out, I'd have to do the same to it just so it will even be playable. :(

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:04 pm

I didn't release Wotw2 - I was never happy about it. Too many bugs... I started Wotw3 from the ground up, with a plan of action, tidying and testing as I went along. Not an easy task with 15 playable factions...
There are even a few modified missions.
If anyone is interested I can make more screenshots of the missions or the other factions. (Archer, Kirk, Picard Era for the Feds, Romulan and Klingons, Archer and Picard era for the Borg, Gorn, Hydran, Dominion or Cardassian.) Trouble is the Mod itself is 250MB Zipped up...

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:12 am

wotw3 wrote:I didn't release Wotw2 - I was never happy about it. Too many bugs... I started Wotw3 from the ground up, with a plan of action, tidying and testing as I went along. Not an easy task with 15 playable factions...
There are even a few modified missions.
If anyone is interested I can make more screenshots of the missions or the other factions. (Archer, Kirk, Picard Era for the Feds, Romulan and Klingons, Archer and Picard era for the Borg, Gorn, Hydran, Dominion or Cardassian.) Trouble is the Mod itself is 250MB Zipped up...
Understandable about version 2, I have been able to find errors with many different mods through using this FleetOps Guide Page on Bugs/Crashes. With it I've found many errors and learned what some bugs and crashes really mean as a whole. Here's the link: http://guide.fleetops.net/guide/modding ... -checklist (It should help with both A1 & A2)

From what I've learned about A1 it wasn't able to have more playable races over 6, A2 on the other hand could have about 14 playable races. How did you get around that?

I wouldn't mind seeing more screenshots of the missions and other factions. I wouldn't mind getting the mod no matter how many MB it is zipped or unzipped.

galac
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by galac » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:47 am

same question like Je_mezu.. 15 playable factions in A1 wtf?! :D I just hope that those "factions" aren't mix of several races, I've seen that before and it's annoying

Is there some tutorial do add 2 more playable races in A1?? I'd like to make Cardassians or Dominion or something else...

Je_mezu do you know some mod for A2 with 14 or less factions?? and btw I've seen some mod for FleetOps bringing A1 back in life, but showed poor piece of business imo

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:36 am

I got round the faction limitation by using a mixture of starting units and tech trees, and AI batch files for the computer. But of course there can only be a total of 4 factions playing at the same time for Human players or AI players
When starting an instant action game follow the three steps below to select the factions
Players may have redundant starting units without function if the tech differs from the starting units and AI Players may have redundant starting units without function if the AI files differ from the starting units
but in both of these situations the centre starbase can build the correct type of construction ship to start things off, though of course the crew will be wrong...

There are a few Gui's for the ALT races, but the only way to get them to load up is by putting them into the scenarios.

When you start an instant action game you must first decide what the AI is to build before you launch Armada. There are batch AI files which you must run first to choose what the computer will be using in each of the four AI slots
Fed slot - you can choose Archer, Kirk or Picard era federation factions, or Cardassian faction units to be built.
Klingon slot - Archer, Kirk or Picard era Klingon factions. Or the Dominion Faction.
Romulan slot - Archer, Kirk or Picard era Klingon factions. Or the Hydran Faction.
Borg Slot - Archer/Kirk era faction(focusing on destruction), Picard Era faction(Focusing on assimilation), or the Gorn faction

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:40 am

For screenshots of the Dominion. Hydran and Cardassian factions see the thread

Star Trek Armada I - Playable Dominion, Cardassian + Sona???
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7410

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:50 am

For the Gorn, I'm not giving too much away :D ... here are the build buttons

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:12 am

Looks great! I remember your mods. This is awesome work buddy. I will definitely give this a try, especially now that I have my old machine running which ran armada just fine :D