Way of the warrior 3 in final testing and tidying up mode

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Way of the warrior 3 in final testing and tidying up mod

Post by wotw3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:41 am

Does anyone know of a free video capture program that is stable enough to use with armada... I'm trying to make videos for youtube but failing miserably...

galac
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by galac » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:57 am

maybe you should ask guys who put A1 videos on youtube already

i wanna see borg screens please...and one request, can you convert thiese ships from mod to sod please, and include it in your mod?? or just convert?? :) http://sfc.battleclinic.com/docks/view.php?id=930 and http://www.freeuploadsite.com/do.php?id=37193

it wood be good to see typhon class with fighters or solo... tell me it is possible to have all ships from different eras in one single game? :D

this mod can continue to grow, i like it already...

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Sorry bud, but I have never been able to master the art of making or converting SOD's... Everything I have has been downloaded from AFC and similar websites. Cool models though...
The harpy looks familiar - I'm using a similar model as a Romulan freighter

I suppose I could scrap one of the Alt races options and have a superfree tech, but that would make the game very messy and give enormous load times.

borg screens here
https://s920.photobucket.com/user/wotw3/slideshow/borg
build buttons here

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:10 pm

galac wrote:same question like Je_mezu.. 15 playable factions in A1 wtf?! :D I just hope that those "factions" aren't mix of several races, I've seen that before and it's annoying

Is there some tutorial do add 2 more playable races in A1?? I'd like to make Cardassians or Dominion or something else...

Je_mezu do you know some mod for A2 with 14 or less factions?? and btw I've seen some mod for FleetOps bringing A1 back in life, but showed poor piece of business imo
I don't really know of a mod with 14 or less factions for A2 that is currently downloadable, I just know from others the max number of allowed races. Yet since A1 was an older game and was supposedly only able to allow 6 playable factions, it appears that there are ways around that, and if that is really the case the same might be said for A2.

I did say that I don't know of any A2 mod currently downloadable with 14 or fewer races because I do know of one in the works, one I'm working on that uses FleetOps 3.2.7's Mods Directory and the currently the STA2_Classic Mod as a Parent Mod and eventually will be a standalone mod. This mod I speak of is one I'm working on by myself (with some help with models from one person when ever any need converting, and its former concept creator and starter as a silent partner for brainstorming ideas). Under my ideas and concepts the mod is named: The STA2_Generational Mod and currently its still in the production, editing and testing phases but currently the races.odf file has 16 races, 14 playable with the Orion's taking the place of the Stock games' Ferengi and the norace.odf has to be included in the races.odf file bringing the total up to 16 (See Attached Image).
There are also two additional races planned for two separate mini-mods that will use this mod as a Parent Mod.
Attachments
image.jpg
Image Of STA2_Generational Mod Races.odf File
image.jpg (97.97 KiB) Viewed 1458 times

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Everything looks good wotw3. Got any ideas when you can/will release it?

What ships do you have for the Archer Era (I call it the Enterprise or ENT Era in Generational), it just doesn't have many ships or stations making it a hard era to make or portray in the mod.

Also in the posted image of the races, only the Federation, Klingons, Romulans and possibly the Borg have a generational techtree from 2151/2161 (ENT Era) - 2409 (Post-Nemesis/STO Era)

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Here are the Archer Era Feds:

Small Shipyard.
Destroyer 1: Agillis Class Light Destroyer. Patrolling, defending against early mining raids
Frigate 1: Discovery. Energy Drain, anti fighter
Cruiser 1: MJ Class - Fast and light. Major Payne made this model :)
Destroyer 2: Neptune Class - Heavy Destroyer. Extra weapons but slow.
Frigate 2: Eclipse - Fleet Repairs
Cruiser 2: NX Class - Extra range, anti turret
Destroyer 3: Endurance - Anti Science. By Idler - a tribute to 9/11 -never forget...
Frigate 3: Unity class point defence frigate
Cruiser 3: Constitution Heavy Cruiser
Cruiser 4: Balson Command Cruiser

Large Shipyard:
Battleship 1: Andorian. Shield penetrating disruptor, anti cruiser
Science 1: Dreamland - Engine overloads
Battleship 2: Guncutter - Anti battleship
Science 2: Daedalus - Shiled disruption
Battleship 3: Federation -Heavy Torpedo Launcher
Science 3: Convoy, Energy restoration
Battleship 4: Belleau - Troop Transport

For the full faction see the photobucket folder
https://s920.photobucket.com/user/wotw3 ... t=9&page=1

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:29 pm

From a quick glance from your Archer/ENT Era starships, you have a TNG/DS9 starship called the Guncutter-class, by your image of it you can also see the Red Colored Bussard Collectors (aka: Ram Scoop) noticed on ships like the future's Sovereign-class starship.

Besides the NX-class and the Daedalus-class being featured in the Archer/ENT Era according to the PC Game Star Trek Legacy and your Neptune-class.

Also you're missing from the Archer/ENT Era these starships according to Star Trek Legacy:
Discovery-class
Minuteman-class
Poseidon-class
Strider-class
Yorktown-class

I've included some images of these ships:
Attachments
image.jpg
Strider-class
image.jpg (48.77 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
image.jpg
Discovery-class & TOS/TMP Refit
image.jpg (150.26 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
image.jpg
Discovery-class
image.jpg (9.18 KiB) Viewed 1457 times

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Additional Images from Star Trek Legacy for the Archer/ENT Era

Notice the design of all of their Nacelles other than the Strider-class all resemble the Nacelle style of the NX-class?
Attachments
image.jpg
Yorktown-class
image.jpg (49.55 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
image.jpg
Minuteman-class
image.jpg (51.4 KiB) Viewed 1457 times
image.jpg
Poseidon-class
image.jpg (51.85 KiB) Viewed 1457 times

galac
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by galac » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:29 am

all those ships Je_mezu mentioned can be added later in mod...but that needs converting or downloading from somewhere else

Je_mezu speaking about races in A1, how can I add 2 more races??...this is standard races.odf below

http://i57.tinypic.com/2w6x9w3.jpg

Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Je_mezu24 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:47 am

galac wrote:all those ships Je_mezu mentioned can be added later in mod...but that needs converting or downloading from somewhere else

Je_mezu speaking about races in A1, how can I add 2 more races??...this is standard races.odf below

I've never added any races to A1, never really modded A1 because I've always found it lacking when compared to A2. Plus I've preferred the graphics and gameplay in A2 over A1 more especially since A2 has had so much more to offer over A1 in both modding and features.

I'd guess that adding a race though in A1 wouldn't be difficult and would have to be just like adding a race to A2...
1. Adding the required SOD files to the SOD Directory (File Folder)
2. Adding the textures to the textures Directory (File Folder)
3. Adding the required ODF files and Techtrees to the Add-On Directory (File Folder) - (Different in A2 because of the ODF Directory and Techtree Directory)
4. Editing both the GUI_Global.spr and tech1.tt files to add the new race or races
5. Edit the Races.odf file to include the new race
(Using your Races.odf file as an example adding say card.odf (the name of the Cardassian race ODF file in A2:
race9 = "Breen.odf"
race10 = "card.odf"

And you need to change the numberOfRaces = 10 to numberOfRaces = 11 (since 1 new race was added since its number is always equal to 1 more than the number of your last race listed)

(Its actually really simple, other than adding ships and stations to A2, adding a new race was one of the first things I learned to do when starting to mod A2.)

Most of the ships I mentioned and showed pictures of are at A2Files including the NX-class Refit, which is another ship I didn't mention.

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:42 am

My races.odf

numberOfRaces = 12
race0 = "borg.odf"
race1 = "dominion.odf"
race2 = "fed.odf"
race3 = "kling.odf"
race4 = "rom.odf"
race5 = "card.odf"
race6 = "fer.odf"
race7 = "hydran.odf"
race8 = "sona.odf"
race9 = "gorn.odf"
race10 = "breen.odf"
race11 = "alien.odf"

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:44 am

I'd love to replace the guncutter with something more appropriate to the era, in particular the yorktown.

galac
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by galac » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:10 am

Je_mezu24 wrote:
galac wrote:all those ships Je_mezu mentioned can be added later in mod...but that needs converting or downloading from somewhere else

I've never added any races to A1, never really modded A1 because I've always found it lacking when compared to A2. Plus I've preferred the graphics and gameplay in A2 over A1 more especially since A2 has had so much more to offer over A1 in both modding and features.

I'd guess that adding a race though in A1 wouldn't be difficult and would have to be just like adding a race to A2...
1. Adding the required SOD files to the SOD Directory (File Folder)
2. Adding the textures to the textures Directory (File Folder)
3. Adding the required ODF files and Techtrees to the Add-On Directory (File Folder) - (Different in A2 because of the ODF Directory and Techtree Directory)
4. Editing both the GUI_Global.spr and tech1.tt files to add the new race or races
5. Edit the Races.odf file to include the new race
(Using your Races.odf file as an example adding say card.odf (the name of the Cardassian race ODF file in A2:
race9 = "Breen.odf"
race10 = "card.odf"

And you need to change the numberOfRaces = 10 to numberOfRaces = 11 (since 1 new race was added since its number is always equal to 1 more than the number of your last race listed)

(Its actually really simple, other than adding ships and stations to A2, adding a new race was one of the first things I learned to do when starting to mod A2.)

Most of the ships I mentioned and showed pictures of are at A2Files including the NX-class Refit, which is another ship I didn't mention.
let's say i wanna add cardassians as playable race in a1, but they are already on races list (card.odf) ...how I can see them when i'm choosing opponents or my faction in instant action game, along with feds, romulans, borg, and klingons?? i can make SOD, texture files etc...

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:22 am

Enterprise era Rom:
Yard 1:
Destroyer 1: Auxilliary Class light destroyer. Quick to build good for cloak and dagger attacks early in the game
Frigate 1: Letar class - Energy dampening, auto spies. Good for fleet support and for spying on enemy ships that run back to the shipyaard for repairs
Cruiser 1: Dn'darax class - Anti destroyer. Charging plasma torpedos
Destroyer 2: Centurian long range destroyer. Good attacking light base defences from afar, and attacking battleships in groups
Frigate 2: Legate class -fleet support - sensor jamming/ point defence
Cruiser 2: Consel class - Cloaked assassin
Destroyer 3: Pretorian class - Anti science
Frigate 3: Trident - Fleet support - shield restoration. Can automatically help 4 nearby targets, or select 1 manually
Cruiser 3: Dux class command cruiser

Yard 2:
on the left of this image
Battleship 1: Imperium class - Anti cruiser
Battleship1A: Jular troop Transport
Science 1: Annilis class -Havoc!
Battleship 2: War Eagle - Starbase assault
(Center ship in image, closest is senator)
Battleship 2A: Senator - Target suppression at long range
Science 2: Switchblade - Long range artillery
Battleship 3: D-eshara Anti battleship
Science 3: Veles. - Havoc! See above image, next to D-eshara

For more pics, including the cool mining station building a freighter, please visit
https://s920.photobucket.com/user/wotw3 ... t=3&page=1

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wotw3 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:32 am

Example of standardization in Wotw3, trying to keep things balanced
Kirk Era Shinano class battleship
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad46 ... Image3.jpg