StarGate Mods in Star Trek Armada II - In My Mod....

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos »

Yes you need to place them in the model before converting the model to a sod.

You really need to look at the West BBOM (Big Book Of Modding) the end of the book will explain this as well as placing sprite emiter hardpoints for efects and damage.

As for the utmv1 I posted two posts earlier what to do to view you sod file.
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 »

Methos wrote:Yes you need to place them in the model before converting the model to a sod.

You really need to look at the West BBOM (Big Book Of Modding) the end of the book will explain this as well as placing sprite emiter hardpoints for efects and damage.

As for the utmv1 I posted two posts earlier what to do to view you sod file.
Right now though, I just want to use Milkshape3D, not utmv1, I should learn one program first, not get into something new. Plus it is actually hard to understand, I tried it and nothing wants to work for me with it at all. Another option, one in MS3D would be better for me since I am learning with that program and using that more. The only good thing utmv1 gave me was a specific Armada 2 SOD importer/export for MS3D, the one in MS3D was just an Armada but I was told it was ok for both games.

I have been using WestWorld's Big Book of Modding already and I didn't ever find one thing in that book about making up hardpoint locations, the model that I have completed into SOD didn't have hardpoints included and guessing where to put them would in my opinion make matters much worse especially without a hardpoint map or anything. I took the logical course of action in all rights.
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

jetnova. The thing is hardpointing a model is all down to the individual. Unless theres specific textured areas (such as a phaser array on a federation ship) or modelled sections which show exact weapons points (such as the turbo lasers on an ISD). IIRC when doing the MS3d hardpoint tutorial I think I also included a small image which shows the basic parent nodes so once those are included then you build up your own weapons nodes from them. There really isn't anything else you can say about it.
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 »

MajorPayne wrote:jetnova. The thing is hardpointing a model is all down to the individual. Unless theres specific textured areas (such as a phaser array on a federation ship) or modelled sections which show exact weapons points (such as the turbo lasers on an ISD). IIRC when doing the MS3d hardpoint tutorial I think I also included a small image which shows the basic parent nodes so once those are included then you build up your own weapons nodes from them. There really isn't anything else you can say about it.
I know about your Milkshape3D tutorial, part of the reason why I choose Milkshape. I saved the internet page with your tutorial from armada2files but there are no images on that page and just text. I have been looking everywhere for ways to get these hardpointing down. Can you point me in a direction to have the one with the images?

Also what you stated in your post, I didn't know that, so its almost like "I can make up hardpoint locations" as long as I mark them in the model?

I did get one good thing out of utmv1, I have finally gotten the Deflector dish HP for my Galaxy-class and Galaxy-class X-Refit vessels for them to use the Deflector Beam and also the cannon spot on the Galaxy-class X-Refit. Ok, if I decide to use this porgram to even hardpoint a model, how do I compress (shorten the size of the model in the utmv1 program to see the whole ship (or station at once)?
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

HardPointing Issues & More

Post by jetnova16 »

I am still having issues with my MS3D, the same problems I have reported before and also when exporting models to SOD, everything else works fine except I can't even retexture a model (SOD) without ending up having the hardpoints vanish from the model and the weapons stop working in the game after.

When you hardpoint and model does every h_ abbreviations have to be used? Especially if one or two aren't going to really be used in the model?

Does a model have to be re-hardpointed if the textures are the only thing that you change?

Concerning StarGate Mods

http://www.freewebs.com/stargateevolution/index.htm

davegarner

desstratos

The above website and the names (I don't know their user names in the Armada Community, but those are from their e-mail addresses on the above site) above are for a long ago seems to be either canceled or just died out StarGate Mod for Star Trek Armada II. I would be grateful to find that those that created this site and worked on this mod are still in the Armada II Community and possibly even here on Armada Fleet Command or at MMM.

I just want to tell this mods creators and those that worked on the project that I truly want to see a StarGate Mod (Total Conversion) for Star Trek Armada II and I really want to breath new life into their project and see it completed so everyone in the Armada II Community can actually reap the benefits of the mod when they get to download it and finally play it for themselves. The title for the mod that I want to create is called "StarGate Armada" and I truly believe that if it can actually be started and completed, there will be a pretty good StarGate Total Conversion out for Star Trek Armada II and it might just get others to want to add to it and exspansions to be made for the project.

For the Mod that the StarGate Evolution modding team was working on, their site has the following listed as the status of their mods progress (I guess that this hasn't changed in a very long time and I would like to make that change.) I have included their chart and the counterparts for my StarGate Armada Mod in "()".

Percentage Rates of Completion for the StarGate Evolution Mod and (their StarGate Armada Counterparts):

Races
Milky Way Alliance 10% (In StarGate Armada = The Tau'ri and the Ancients)
Jaffa Empire 0% (In StarGate Armada = May Not Be Included - Will See - Could be and additonal race)
Pegasus Alliance 100% (In StarGate Armada = The Tau'ri and the Ancients (Continued/more)
Goa'uld Federation 85% (In StarGate Armada = The Goa'uld)
Lucian Alliance 100% (In StarGate Armada = The Lucian Alliance - May Not be playable or an additional race)
Ori 3% (In StarGate Armada = The Ori)
Wraith 10% (In StarGate Armada = The Wraith)

I have tried to send an e-mail to all three of the e-mail address listed on the "Team Members" link of the StarGate Evolution website but they all get rerouted back to me with a failure notice, but that could be because that site hasn't been maintained and all the e-mail addresses have the ending @stargateevolution.tk. Because of this reason and a few others is why I think this mod might be dead and thus I want to breath new life into it and offcially bring a StarGate Total Conversion Mod to the Armada II Community.

Ok, in closing this "little" post, I would first like to say that I thought about writing alittle for the StarGate Armada's story but I've decided to wait alittle longer on that, but that will be coming sooner than later. Lastly though, well browsing the forums at Armada Fleet Command, I have found a sub-forums section on StarGate and even for mods that were being created. I happen to see one thing in common, all the threads there are old and haven't been posted in for some time, I find that really disappointing, especially when many people at a point seem to have been interested in a StarGate Mod for Star Trek Armada II and then as each one of those mods died, its like the interest in the mod died with it and then another mod for awhile takes its place and then that one dies too, not this one though, one way or another this StarGate Mod will be completed, I will not take no for an answer and I don't think the rest of the Armada II Community should either because if you look, I am right there isn't one Total Conversion or Complete Full Race Mod for StarGate for Armada II at all, and it is about time that this is fixed. That happens to be my ultimate goal for this project.

Lastly, is this mod title below a real mod for Star Trek Armada II and if so, where can I download it? I really want to know what is in it and what isn't included, maybe it could help with my Total Conversion.

Stargatemod 1.4

I've searched for it at Armada Fleet Command and also Armada2files but haven't found it at all yet and I'd appreciate it if someone will tell me where to get it, send me a download link or even send it to me by e-mail.
Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos »

Best chance of getting in touch with them if their email nolonger works would be to check other Armada forums and look for any stargate mods for other games of the same type as Armada.

Like some guys are into Sins of the Solar Empire,some are moving to Starcraft 2.

Just like some guys doing the Freespace BSG mod Beyond the Red Line once worked with mods for Nexes:The Jupiter Incident.

I know some guys that worked on the Babylon 5 mod for A1 were looking to get into Conquest:Frontier wars.

The point being that if they put that much time and effort into a mod they may still be around modding other games,just a matter looking for the right game types and if they still use the same name.

Google will helpful for this.
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 »

Methos wrote:Best chance of getting in touch with them if their email nolonger works would be to check other Armada forums and look for any stargate mods for other games of the same type as Armada.

Like some guys are into Sins of the Solar Empire,some are moving to Starcraft 2.

Just like some guys doing the Freespace BSG mod Beyond the Red Line once worked with mods for Nexes:The Jupiter Incident.

I know some guys that worked on the Babylon 5 mod for A1 were looking to get into Conquest:Frontier wars.

The point being that if they put that much time and effort into a mod they may still be around modding other games,just a matter looking for the right game types and if they still use the same name.

Google will helpful for this.
I've done alot of Googling for StarGate Mods and found them for other games, I left messages on other sites with their creatos asking for help with my StarGate Total Conversion and even asked if they would be willing to share their models, no replies about it what so ever. I have looked into Sins of a Solar Empires Mod, Starcraft, and even Star Wars Empires @ War, that mod gave me the sounds for voice overs for hero ships I was looking for but nothing much else.

Those really are the only total conversions for games to have StarGate, Armada II has officially been forgotten and I am looking to change that.

I have downloaded these mods that I have found for other games and found that they arenot compatible with Armada II in any way what so ever.

There is one game that I have that I did find a StarGate Total Conversion for but I don't want to change that game around and I might alsocopy my game folder for that game to have a StarGate Game, but the reason I want this type of mod for Aramda II is the aspect of building your own fleets and actually not just having a fleet of 4 ships (AKA Star Trek Legacy).

I don't even know how to transfer these games mods into a form that Armada II can work with. My MS3D has its own problems that I can't fix and I have tried different lower versions and different Exporter/Importer files but my created SODs just don't want to work, can't even change textures without a problem occuring with the new SOD and it not using its weapons.

I would like it if I can find members that can help me convert mods to a form that Armada II can use.

I have StarGate Mods for the following Games:
Sins of a Solar Empire
Star Wars Empires At War
Star Craft 2
Star Trek Legacy

None really seem to have full races so I also need some designers that can used MS3D. I can do the searchs for more mods, images for ships and stations that are missing and ODF editing, I am extreamly good at that.

What I would really like to do is to gather all the StarGate Mods for Armada II that have "died out in the creation phase" and compile them together to see what still needs to be done. Possibly this way a beta version can be given to the Aramda II Community sooner.
Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos »

What I meant was that the mod maker you were trying to get in touch with my be found doing the same mod type in another game.

Like Omega_Epyon he started in A2 working on a Gundam mod then moved to Homeworld 2 and Sins of the Solar Empire.
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 »

Methos wrote:What I meant was that the mod maker you were trying to get in touch with my be found doing the same mod type in another game.

Like Omega_Epyon he started in A2 working on a Gundam mod then moved to Homeworld 2 and Sins of the Solar Empire.
I try that and that never worked out. I haven't even got replies on other sites for other games. I even Googled their users names and got nothing from that either. So one would thing my StarGate Mod - "StarGate Armada", (not to be confused with the dead mod by the same name, that happens to have completed models that are shown in their ingame pictures that I Really Do Want :'( ) is dead on conception of the idea. But don't think that, I am smart enough and determined enough to actually create this mod or at least something close to it.