StarGate Mods in Star Trek Armada II - In My Mod....

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:50 am

MajorPayne wrote:I know. You already said that in your previous reply. I'd be curious to know the exact page link.
In the order page there was something about sharing, plus I asked if I could get the code for activation from anther person using the program, as long as its not a new version its ok. I'm confused by it really. I just really got three meshes for that I want to turn into SOD format, two of which are in the posted file on Mega Upload mentioned in this thread the other one I haven't fully decided if I want to use it or not.

After the two StarGate models have been created into SOD format, I'd uninstall the Milkshape3D Program because really I wouldn't have any use for it after that.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:54 am

http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/ms3d/eula.txt

I did a bit of reading of the EULA for MS3d and this is the line which you'll need to pay particular attention to:
YOU may use the SOFTWARE on a second
computer as long as the primary user of each copy is the same person and more than one copy
is not simultaneously in use.
This is part of No 2. So I would say its something which you won't get hold of from another user. I've also emailed Mete as well to get his feedback on the matter as he is the programs author.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:08 am

MajorPayne wrote:http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/ms3d/eula.txt

I did a bit of reading of the EULA for MS3d and this is the line which you'll need to pay particular attention to:
YOU may use the SOFTWARE on a second
computer as long as the primary user of each copy is the same person and more than one copy
is not simultaneously in use.
This is part of No 2. So I would say its something which you won't get hold of from another user. I've also emailed Mete as well to get his feedback on the matter as he is the programs author.
Thank you that is good. It wasn't Mete that I talked I got a message from and I deleted the message accidentally when I meant to save it, after all reply and the delete links were next to each other and I emptied Yahoo's Trash bin and I didn't check the file. Sorry.

Edit:
Major Payne, can you possibly do me one favore? The Meshes I uploaded, could you help me turn them into SOD files? I can do the ODF files myself and for the Wraith, I included possible textures since there was none and for the Atlantian Satelite, it came with textures.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:55 am

Well I could but to be honest those two meshes aren't exactly very good. The hive cruiser looks absolutely nothing like the canon version from the series and the satellite looks somewhat innacurate.

Have you considered contacting MerlinGalgotta and asking for a model donation or two from his stargate mod??

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stargate-empire-at-war

or perhaps Epytron Omega??

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stargate-invasion

Remember that the models your using are likely to be quite old and if your looking for quality then you need to try another community. Both those authors would have source models and they are of significantly better quality. You might also find other models that might be useful for your mod as well and at least your sure of two things:

1) They are of high quality
2) The authors are well known and still working on mods so are easy to get hold of from crediting and permission reasons.

Oh and if you aren't in a hurry, once I've done a rebuild of it, you can have access to my Achilles Class as well (the current version was made for Stargate Invasion and is around 10,000 polys so won't run very well in STA1 or 2)

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:17 am

MajorPayne wrote:Well I could but to be honest those two meshes aren't exactly very good. The hive cruiser looks absolutely nothing like the canon version from the series and the satellite looks somewhat innacurate.

Have you considered contacting MerlinGalgotta and asking for a model donation or two from his stargate mod??

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stargate-empire-at-war

or perhaps Epytron Omega??

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stargate-invasion

Remember that the models your using are likely to be quite old and if your looking for quality then you need to try another community. Both those authors would have source models and they are of significantly better quality. You might also find other models that might be useful for your mod as well and at least your sure of two things:

1) They are of high quality
2) The authors are well known and still working on mods so are easy to get hold of from crediting and permission reasons.

Oh and if you aren't in a hurry, once I've done a rebuild of it, you can have access to my Achilles Class as well (the current version was made for Stargate Invasion and is around 10,000 polys so won't run very well in STA1 or 2)

I really don't mind that those two models aren't so good. I can always eventually replace them but they are ok in my opinion, not perfect but ok. THe included textures for the Wraith Cruiser are from my Hivbeship that I put in the game, the one from Armada2files, I think the textures will make up for how it the ship isn't perfect and the Satellite is just going ot be a sensor/ Drone Launcher with a beam like the Asgard Beam Weapon. Just uped in power for the Ancients.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:19 am

Well I won't make any promises at the moment as I'm involved in my own large scale project but if I can set some spare time aside I'll see what I can do.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:34 am

MajorPayne wrote:Well I won't make any promises at the moment as I'm involved in my own large scale project but if I can set some spare time aside I'll see what I can do.
Thank you very much.
If you have time and can create the SOD for me, just please send me a PM.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:11 am

MajorPayne wrote: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/m ... illesf.jpg

This was a representation of the fan based ship. The original cgi model is unnavailable but the images for this one I used as a base were rendered by the originals creator - Alnair. He did post some images of it on Scifi-Meshes a few years ago so I'm not if they still exist there.

I have just downloaded your BB-67 Achilles Class that you created Major Payne, I believe its the one pictured above. Since it is just a model, I'm going to try to put the textures to it, but I like the look of the ship and I've decided to to make 2 ODF's for it, one as a Hero ship, and the other the rest of the class. I'm using the ODF file for one of my Daedalus Class ships for now and will edit the weapon hardpoints in the ODF accordingly when needed.

Do you have a complete version of the ship?

Code: Select all

#include "dread.odf"

//Name of Ship class in Ship Display window & in edit mode & tooltip
unitName = "BB-67 Achilles Class"

//tooltips
tooltip = "BB-67 Achilles Class"
verboseTooltip = "Unlike previous Tau'ri ships the BB-67 Achilles Class carries many significant upgrades in terms of both technology and looks. Sleeker by design it is far 
faster and carries a new type of engine which allows it much better power to weapons ratio than any ship currently employed. This is also the first Tau'ri ship to carry 3 
new style of Puddle Jumpers which have finally been backward engineered by Doctor Rodney McKay. The weapon system includes the incorporation of Atlantian or Ancient Drones 
instead of missels, the Ancient Deflective Shield and the incorporation of the Asgard Beam Weapons. There are also Railguns for a secondary arsenal of weapons. There 
is only one of this type of ship in service to the SGC and it has been permanetly assigned to the Pegusas Galaxy and Atlantis along with the USAF Atlantis, A Daedalus 
Class Mk. II."

//Race which can build ship & starting race of ship
race = "ancients"

//This ship is a hero.
isHero = 1

//Ship label provided because this is a unique ship.
label = "USAF Achilles BB-67"

//Amount of time required to build ship
buildTime = 15.0

//Number of officers required to build this ship
officerCost = 17

//Number of crew required to build ship & Starting crew
crewCost = 1750

// We Have Shields
shieldProtection = 1

//Max Shield Strength & Begining Shield Strength <500
maxHealth = 99800

// Hitpoints
shieldGeneratorHitPoints = 56250
enginesHitPoints = 56220
weaponsHitPoints = 56420
lifeSupportHitPoints = 56450
sensorsHitPoints = 56210

//Rate at which shield recharges (points per second... we think)
shieldRate = 5

//Maximum Value of Special Energy
maxSpecialEnergy = 32550

//Rate at which special energy recharges (points per second... we think)
specialEnergyRate = 5

//**********************************************************************
//SHIP NAMES
//Possible Craft Names
possibleCraftNames = 
	"USAF Achilles BB-67" 

//ART PARAMETERS & WEAPON NAMES

// Ancient Drone Weapons
weapon1 = "drone"
weaponHardpoints1 = "hp01" "hp08"

// Forward Railguns
weapon2 = "railgun3"
weaponHardpoints2 = "hp01" "hp08"

// Ancient Drone Weapons
weapon3 = "drone2"
weaponHardpoints3 = "hp02" "hp03"

// Forward Railguns
weapon4 = "railgun1"
weaponHardpoints4 = "hp02" "hp03"

// Ancient Drone Weapons
weapon5 = "drone"
weaponHardpoints5 = "hp04" "hp05"

// Back Railguns
weapon6 = "railgun3"
weaponHardpoints6 = "hp04" "hp05"

// Ancient Drone Weapons
weapon7 = "drone2"
weaponHardpoints7 = "hp06" "hp09"

// Back Railguns
weapon8 = "railgun1"
weaponHardpoints8 = "hp10" "hp11" "hp12" "hp13" "hp14"

// Ancient Drone Weapons
weapon9 = "drone"
weaponHardpoints9 = "hp10" "hp11" "hp12" "hp13" "hp14"

// Ancient Drone Weapons
weapon10 = "drone2"
weaponHardpoints10 = "hp10" "hp11" "hp12" "hp13" "hp14"

// Tactical Missile
weapon11 = "tvlaunch"
weaponHardpoints11 = "hp01" "hp07" "hp08" "hp11"

// Self Destruct
weapon12 = "gselfdes"
weaponHardpoints12 = "hp34" "hp35" "hp36"

// Asgard Beam Weapon
weapon13 = "asgardbeam"
weaponHardpoints13 = "hp04" "hp06" "hp08" "hp10"

// Ancient Deflective Shield
weapon14 = "ancientshield"
weaponHardpoints14 = "hp34" "hp35" "hp36"

// Military Thrust
weapon15 = "mthrust"
weaponHardpoints15 = "hp35" "hp36"

// Nuclear Warhead Beaming
weapon16 = "ttransnuke"
weaponHardpoints16 = "hp35" "hp36"

// Hardpoints to hit for various systems and other locations.
enginesTargetHardpoints = "hp23" "hp24" "hp25" "hp26" "hp27" "hp28" "hp29" "hp30" "hp31"
lifeSupportTargetHardpoints = "hp17" "hp18" "hp19" "hp10" 
weaponsTargetHardpoints = "hp14" "hp01" "hp02" "hp03" "hp04" "hp05" "hp06" "hp07" "hp08" "hp09" "hp10" "hp11" "hp12" "hp13" "hp15" "hp16" "hp17" "hp18" "hp19" "hp20" "hp21" "hp22" "hp23" "hp24" "hp25" "hp26" "hp27" "hp28" "hp29" "hp30" "hp31" "hp32" "hp33" "hp34"
shieldGeneratorTargetHardpoints = "hp20" "hp21" "hp22" "hp23" "hp24" "hp25" "hp26" "hp27" "hp28" "hp29" "hp30" "hp31" "hp32" "hp33" "hp34"
sensorsTargetHardpoints = "hp20" "hp21" "hp22" "hp23" "hp24" "hp25" "hp26" "hp27" "hp28" "hp29" "hp30" "hp31" "hp32" "hp33" "hp34"
hullTargetHardpoints = "hp11" "hp20" "hp21" "hp22" "hp23" "hp24" "hp25" "hp26" "hp27" "hp28" "hp29" "hp30" "hp31" "hp32" "hp33" "hp34"
criticalTargetHardpoints = "hp20" "hp21" "hp22" "hp23" "hp24" "hp25" "hp26" "hp27" "hp28" "hp29" "hp30" "hp31" "hp32" "hp33" "hp34"

//CREW STATUS MULTIPLIERS
//The multiplier for the delay between shots for weapons while in yellow status
weaponYellow = 1.0f

//The multiplier for the delay between shots for weapons while in red status
weaponRed = 2.0f

//physics file for all other physics stuff
physicsFile = "sdreadphys.odf"
trekPhysicsFile = "trek_sspecialphys.odf"
rangeScan = 3550
//change the scale
ScaleSOD = 0.50

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 am

The one pictured isn't actually publically available as it was created for a specific mod and the poly count is substantially higher than Armada 1 or 2 would be happy to run. The version you downloaded is a previous version (check the file creation date and you'll see). I do have plans to rebuild the newer version at some point though so all is not lost. As for having a completed converted version the answer is no. At least not yet anyway.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:59 pm

MajorPayne wrote:The one pictured isn't actually publically available as it was created for a specific mod and the poly count is substantially higher than Armada 1 or 2 would be happy to run. The version you downloaded is a previous version (check the file creation date and you'll see). I do have plans to rebuild the newer version at some point though so all is not lost. As for having a completed converted version the answer is no. At least not yet anyway.
Ok, that is understandable.
One thing regarding the mesh, what program will allow me to open it and apply the textures and create the SOD? Milkshape 3D doesn't recognize the program or open, a member of MMM gave me the information to fully use Milkshape, as previously stated, I will unistall the program after and I have already (diliberately deleted the e-mail & PM with the Serial Code).

I like the picture and the textures for the BB-67 and that is another reason why I have decided I want to include it, after all, my StarGate Race in my mod is a mixture of StarGate Races - The Goa'uld ships are even in the good side you can say (race = "ancients", using the Ancients GUI from Armada2files. I put the Goa'uld in this race considering them ships of the "Free Jaffa" (how is that really spelt?).)

Major Payne, I do have one question for you though, I got the idea from a user at MMM and I was just wondering how to go about it. The idea involves using the Transwarp Gate and the Borg Interceptors Transwarp Drive to Open a Hyperspace Window. Do you know how I can go about that? Or even bgetter if possible of a mod that already exists with a Hyperspace Window? I was kind of hoping ot make this to not be a Special Weapon but something the ships just do automatically for travel (instead of Warp Drive for StarGate ships, they wil lstill use sub-light (impulse) for short distance travel). Do you know how I can go about this or set it up?
What files will needed editing to make my idea work if it is possible or the special weapon the only way?

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:06 pm

BB-67 Achilles Class Problems

Major Payne, I managed to get your BB-67 Achilles Class ship into SOD and into my game, well for testing purposes, she's the first of her class and the Hero Ship version that I previously posted the ODF file for.

I was wondering if you could give me the Hardpoints for the model because I didn't notice them in Milkshape3D when I manged to get the model into SOD. I'm not sure if the textures are even present on the ship (You may not be able to tell if they are because I have the Ancient Shield active in the screen shot that I have posted with this post). Well I might have to go back and retexture the ship if the textures aren't present, but even if they aren't the ship looks good.

The only problem I am having might be occuring due to the ODF I have in place for the ship right now, she doesn't fire her weapons, she does at least use her Ancient Shield but that is also she does, before I took the screen shot of the ship, she was on the verge of being destroyed. I had to send in the USAF Atlantis (the hero ship of the Daedalus Class Mk. II to save her, lost that ship in the process).

Also, in the screen shot, the ship is actually moving, and I don't mean in the direction of the weapons fire hitting her, I mean literally away from it. The ship is clearly moving backwards, with its front part in the back, I was wondering how to fix this and does it have something to do with my ODF file and the Engine's Hardpoints?

Actually there are two pictures of the ship.
The first one is after setting the ships into the map editor. The left ship is your ship, the USAF Achilles BB-67 and the ship on her left is the Daedalus Class Mk. II USAF Atlantis, the ship being used to protect the USAF Achilles BB-67 for her testing stage (if it was needed, in the far corners of the map are two Drone Firing Satellites). The enemy ships are a Replicator Aurora Class Battlecrusier and another Hero Ship, an Ori Mother ship called "Choosen Daughter of the Ori".

The second picture is from the battle. The USAF Achilles BB-67 is moving backwards instead of what should be the front end of the ship, she won't fire her offensive weaponry either.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 0578730980

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 0578730980

Please let me know if the link to the pictures work. They are on my alternate Star Trek related Facebook Profile using a different name. Doing it this way prevents my many friends from also adding this account when I only have this one forthose interested in my Star Trek novels and also at points just to post some screen shots from Star Trek Armada.

Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:49 pm

Check the downloads tools section for utmv1.

It's a hardpoint viewer,place the sod in the objects folder then run the program and select load then the sod you want to view and then click contiue.

A and Z will move it to and from the screen while holding Alt and pressing the arrow keys will slowly rotate the sod in any direction.

As for the ship moving backwards,that's due to the root sod facing the wrong direction. Not a odf problem.

The hardpoints/root has three points,Yellow,red,and green. The direction green is pointing is the direction the root or hardpoint will be facing.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:01 am

Methos wrote:Check the downloads tools section for utmv1.

It's a hardpoint viewer,place the sod in the objects folder then run the program and select load then the sod you want to view and then click contiue.

A and Z will move it to and from the screen while holding Alt and pressing the arrow keys will slowly rotate the sod in any direction.

As for the ship moving backwards,that's due to the root sod facing the wrong direction. Not a odf problem.

The hardpoints/root has three points,Yellow,red,and green. The direction green is pointing is the direction the root or hardpoint will be facing.
I pasted into the search bar "utmv1" but I did find something I think could be it because the moment I downloaded it, the save file had that name.

As fo the root sod, where do I change that, put the model back into Milkshape3D and find the green directional?

Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:08 am

I guess so,never used Milk but if it's any thing like Max3d before exporting as a sod you should have placed your hardpoints on the mesh.

Try downloading westworld book of modding,it should be here too,it cover modding and some basic mesh making including what all kinds of stuff to add to you mesh before exporting to sod.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:12 am

Methos wrote:I guess so,never used Milk but if it's any thing like Max3d before exporting as a sod you should have placed your hardpoints on the mesh.

Try downloading westworld book of modding,it should be here too,it cover modding and some basic mesh making including what all kinds of stuff to add to you mesh before exporting to sod.
There wasn't any hardpoints or the number of hardpoints that there are supposed to be anywhere in the readme or even with the model or an HP Map. Am I supposed to make up hardpoint locations or they already supposed to be there?

Also, in the version of Milkshape3D that I have, you can do hardpointing, but how do I use utmv1? I dragged the SOD file over and nothing happened except the program opened but the model doesn't appear, the model appears just fine though in the Storm3D Viewer.