Game Freezes on Loading - This is Not A Crash...

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Game Freezes on Loading - This is Not A Crash...

Post by jetnova16 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:42 pm

This may not be considered a crash by others, but I consider it a crash because if the game isn't working, the game is thus in a way crashing since it isn't working as it is supposed to.

I have been thinking about creating for the Federation, the Klingons, the Romulans, the Borg, and the Cardassians a way to "Span The Generations", what this means is that I want to "Span the Generations of all the Star Trek Eras from Enterprise NX-01 to the Distant Future after TNG/Nemesis".

Thinking that this problem was being caused by the Borg Reseach Stations being preset to have additional research, I commented out the additional research that there are not any pod listed for, that didn't fix the problem.

Also, I have fully added the additional Research Pods that I am going to use to span the generations to make it possible to lead off into the next eras. The mod that these pods came from is the Borg Incursion Mods By Major Payne. I have used some ships from this mod without any problems so I don't think it has something to do with the mod that I am transfering the pods from.

The game when I try to load the Map Editor doesn't even get to the loading screen, instead it stays at a Black Screen forever and then I have to use the keys "CTRL" "ALT" & "DEL" and open up the Task Manager to find that Star Trek Armada II has stoppped working and is not responding. There is no bugreport for this problem since the game didn't crash to the desktop, it just freezes and doesn't load.

As for trying to load a Campaign game or even Instant Action, the game gets to the loading screen but after about an inch to half an inch in, the game ends up freezing and I have to do the same process as when this happens well using the Map Editor to get the exact same error message.

I know that normally when this type of problem occurs, it has something to do with the Tech1 and or the GUI_Global files. I have combed these files over and even commented out different units that have been added prior to this problem occuring, I even commented out units that have had a few edits done to them to rule them out, but these attempts at fixing the problem have resulted in no results actually, the exact same problem continues to occur and I am now stumped to as why.

The provided link to Mega Upload is where you can download both my Sprites and Techtree Folders. I really hope that together we can somehow come up with an answer to this problem and get it fixed.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5P7NDWN4

Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:20 pm

The bad part about the tech files is that you can be crashing because of a starbase that builds const ship that builds the yards that builds the ship with a bad weapon odf.

Disable the AI files by removing everything but the starting starbase,then try the editor.

If that doesn't work go into the map editor files and remove the ships/stations for all the races.

Then start adding those ships/stations back starting with the stations first.

Guessing that it's a misspelling of the include ......... .odf for some weapon.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:42 am

Methos wrote:The bad part about the tech files is that you can be crashing because of a starbase that builds const ship that builds the yards that builds the ship with a bad weapon odf.

Disable the AI files by removing everything but the starting starbase,then try the editor.

If that doesn't work go into the map editor files and remove the ships/stations for all the races.

Then start adding those ships/stations back starting with the stations first.

Guessing that it's a misspelling of the include ......... .odf for some weapon.
This problem has been fixed for two weeks now, it wasn't even an era in the techtree unless you count an extra .odf and one missing.

In the map editor crash, the ships or stations that were crashing the game in the editor weren't doing so when they were built.

There are no more crashing errors in my game at this time.

Instead there are new ideas that I have, but those posts (threads) that I have started involving them are being ignored for some reason :(

Also I would really appreciate it is someone would also help me get all the StarGate Mods that aren't released to the public for Star Trek Aramda II (AKA: the mods that were never finished but do have ingame ready material that was never released because they were being held for the final mod, mods that are now dead.).

Besides my Mod that I am creating this is just Star Trek and has a race for all StarGate Material that I have, I want to create a total conversion that will be called StarGate Armada. For this project, I need some modders that can create StarGate Ships and stations for all races in StarGate in MS3D and the SOD files. I'll make the storyline, the ODF Files, the Weapons, and gather many other sound effects. Please help me make this project a reality so Star Trek Armada II can finally have a StarGate Total Conversion.