modding the armada 2 demo

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

modding the armada 2 demo

Post by KevinJ » Thu May 05, 2011 11:41 pm

i still dont have armada 2, so i was wondering if you can mod the demo? every atepmt to has failed. except adding ships to start with. any help would be great. thanks.
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by KevinJ » Mon May 09, 2011 9:40 pm

really? can no one help me on this?
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Tue May 10, 2011 11:56 am

I know that there is a list of files that's limited to the demo. As far as I know, the demo has most of the files needed for the full version, but something limits which files can be used. In A1, there is a file in some kind of compressed text format... you can't just edit it. I suspect there is something similar in A2.

My conclusion would be that you can't easily mod the demo. But having never tried, maybe there is something you can do. Sorry, can't be any more helpful.

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by KevinJ » Tue May 10, 2011 2:48 pm

thanks, ive been able to add the enterprise to the starting units and any other ship in the game i want. i used to mod a1 but that was awhile ago. i found that starwars mod for the demo but i dont want star wars, so i know it can be done.
(Sci Fi Armada)