Experiencing a problem with planet colonization

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Angilas
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Experiencing a problem with planet colonization

Post by Angilas »

I was wondering has anyone else received any error or bug report messages when trying to colonize planets?

I ask because since I got my Armada2 working on my new laptop, I have installed the Reman race (reman rebellion mod) and the hirogen race mod from Armada2.filefront.com. Followed the instructions to every dotted i and crossed t for manual installation. But when I manually installed the Vulcan Race by dan1025, whenever a race goes to colonize a planet, I get a bug report message.
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

Its a good bet because your mixing mods by different authors that somewhere along the line theres been a conflict of some kind. Its always been a suggestion of many modders to never mix mods as the results can be unpredictable and crashes nearly always happen.

There isn't much in the way of advice you can be given though as I've not seen any of the modders whose mods you've installed online in quite some time. I think the only thing you can try to do is to build up your own mod using one of those three as a base mod to start from.
Angilas
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Angilas »

Well its a good thing I copied my editted version of A2 so I wont have to go insane readding all the federation stuff XD

But all kidding aside, Major, does that simply apply to full race mods? Because when I installed the Hirogens and Remans ontop of all the Feddie stuff I added to Ghosts mod, I could colonize before adding the vulcans regardless of what race I used
I WOULD PREFER THAT YOU SUFFERED IN YOUR LAST SECONDS ON EARTH, SUFFERED THE TORMENT OF A THOUSAND YEARS OF AGONY, BUT I MUST ACT! DIE GUYVER!
Aptom Fighting Guyver-1 of datas 1-12
MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan »

It could be something as simple as a missing sprites entry, or even a missing hp on the colonizer ship... who knows. This applies to mixing any kind of mod.

Unless you manually add each and every component of a mod that you downloaded into your own mod, there is a very good chance that something will go wrong.

Seeing as adding the vulcans is what breaks your mod, I would try to add one ship/station at a time and make sure that all odfs, sods, textures, sprites, etc are properly included in the new install. Test the game after every few items that you add.

There may be something special about the colony ships in the Vulcan mod. I really can't comment on specifics as I have not tried or looked into the files of any of the mentioned mods.
jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 »

I am using all the mods that you have mentioned in my Star Trek Armada II install, except instead of Ghost's Federation Mod, I use Vanilla Ultimate 2.0 as a Mod basis and manually added many of the ships and stations in Ghost's mod to my game, some from that mod others by idividually gathering them.

I use the Hirogen, the Vulcans, Reman Rebellion, The Dominion Ultimate, and the Cardassian Full Race Replacement Mod (they are combined with the Dominion or I should say have Dominion/Jem'Hadar/Breen/Son'a Ships and Stations).

Well what I am getting at is that I haven't had any problem with Colonization between any of these mods and races, either with myself playing as these races or the AI. No crashes and/or Bug Reports. All works just fine and I have had these mods installed for over a year.

So what is being said about an edited file could easily be the problem, I'd check there first.