Terran Empire and "We are the Borg..."

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Angilas
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Terran Empire and "We are the Borg..."

Post by Angilas » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Does anyone know where I can obtain a full race mod of the Terran Empire ?

Also does anyone knwo how to change the borg saying "We are the Borg..." in Armada 2? I always found the game version rather annoying and was wondering how to change it to the one heard from First Contact

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Terran Empire and "We are the Borg..."

Post by jetnova16 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Angilas wrote:Does anyone know where I can obtain a full race mod of the Terran Empire ?

Also does anyone knwo how to change the borg saying "We are the Borg..." in Armada 2? I always found the game version rather annoying and was wondering how to change it to the one heard from First Contact
For the Terran Empire and the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance (really anything for the Mirror Universe) you have to do yourself. There are some Terran Starfleet Ships scattered about at Armada2Files, but not enough to make a race. but I did just that, some ships are still stock Federation shps and stations.

For the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, I mixed and matched some of the best Klingon and Cardassian ships and stations.

There is possibly a Terran Race in a mod being made by Majestic on MSFC, but he hates me and won't even talk to me, and blames me for things that to be completely 100% honest, I didn't do but I'm being blamed/accused about it. Its a long story and I don't want to get into it.

As for the Borg Voiceover for "We Are The Borg..." some mods have a better version than the stock game, I happen to be using a better sounding file (x2 versions). I just don't remember which mod that I actually got it from, it might have been from one featuring all Borg. There was the Locutus Cube Mod that had sounds, the Borg Mama Cube, and even a Borg Battle Tactical Array that gave me different sounds for the Borg; one of those could have been it or maybe not. Its been years since I got the new sound files to change that saying.

As for the stock video for the first Federation Campaign, there isn't one that changes that as far as I know because I haven't even found one and I have been trying.

Angilas
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Angilas » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:06 am

Thanks, I downloaded the TOS Terran ships that I could find and as for the voice over thats a real bummer. Because like I said the ingame "We are the Borg..." I find annoying. Programmers should have used the one from First Contact lol
I WOULD PREFER THAT YOU SUFFERED IN YOUR LAST SECONDS ON EARTH, SUFFERED THE TORMENT OF A THOUSAND YEARS OF AGONY, BUT I MUST ACT! DIE GUYVER!
Aptom Fighting Guyver-1 of datas 1-12

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:44 am

Angilas wrote:Thanks, I downloaded the TOS Terran ships that I could find and as for the voice over thats a real bummer. Because like I said the ingame "We are the Borg..." I find annoying. Programmers should have used the one from First Contact lol
Have you checked out any of the Borg Mods? There are a few that change the Voiceover for the files: "gvobor10.wav" & "gvobor31.wav" Just got to look for them. They sound different than the stock games' sounds and are pretty close to if not exactly the one from First Contact.

As for the Video that uses the: "We Are The Borg..." that doesn't get changed, but then again, I haven't played the campaign missions yet in Armada II until my Star Trek Armada II - Spanning The Generations Mod is done.

I did alittle work for you and did a search through alot of Borg files on www.armada2files.com and I found one of the many mods that I did use that changes the Borg voice over for: "gvobor10.wav" & "gvobor31.wav".

I hope that this helps you out and is alittle closer to what you are looking for:
http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Borg_ ... tion;39929

Angilas
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Angilas » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:26 am

Huh, all my time surfing A2ff lookin for new stations and ships for every race I never noticed that. I shall definately give it a try thanks.
I WOULD PREFER THAT YOU SUFFERED IN YOUR LAST SECONDS ON EARTH, SUFFERED THE TORMENT OF A THOUSAND YEARS OF AGONY, BUT I MUST ACT! DIE GUYVER!
Aptom Fighting Guyver-1 of datas 1-12

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:59 am

Angilas wrote:Huh, all my time surfing A2ff lookin for new stations and ships for every race I never noticed that. I shall definately give it a try thanks.
You are welcome, but there are about 5 - 10 Borg Mods (even more maybe) that have changed the voiceovers for the Borg for their standard: "We Are The Borg...", you just actually got to look for them. Most of them are by the same person that made that mod. He seems to have done many different Borg Mods.

What I did for finding mods, I did a search by Race and then downloaded everything that sounded cool by just the name and or was by a modder that I have learned to trust. Then I just took alook at the Admirals Log Pictures for the new ships or took alook at them in MS3D by opening the SOD if they didn't have a picture or JPEG Images.

WarrenG12
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by WarrenG12 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:30 pm

If you want a Full Terran Empire race, I have one from Ent era to Post Nemesis Era if you're interested :)

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:20 pm

WarrenG12 wrote:If you want a Full Terran Empire race, I have one from Ent era to Post Nemesis Era if you're interested :)
I know I would be interested in a Full Terran Empire Race from Star Trek Enterprise era to the Post Star Trek Nemesis Era.
My Terran race isn't even fit to be called a Terran Empire race, just using stock Armada II ships and stations.

Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:07 pm

For my Terran Empire I used mods with ship designs from the newest Startrek movie.

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Angilas wrote:Thanks, I downloaded the TOS Terran ships that I could find and as for the voice over thats a real bummer. Because like I said the ingame "We are the Borg..." I find annoying. Programmers should have used the one from First Contact lol

You could always do a little modding and edit the sound files yourself and relace them with the ones your prefer from First Contact.