hello...help if u can!

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

haloklingreborn
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

hello...help if u can!

Post by haloklingreborn » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:39 am

Im back after several years and yes.. im still playing this game! and modding for fun, anyone who cares....i dont mind just thought id say hi before i go an ask for help!

anyways ...heres my problem with Borg Fusion Sphere(http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Borg_ ... here;87060) :
it gives me this error: out of memory increase file swap size
my details:
running armada 2
windows 7 and a2 demo in xp compat...all other mods work all for fed no borg
clean and modded install
yes my odfs of the ships are in my station file for the demo version
my prob is im crashing after loading before i see the game but after the loading bar is full and before asked its in the tech tree.. particularly the demo tech.. as ive used this to preview all mods and cant afford a new copy of a2

my idea its the sprites particularly :
hears what was stated in the read-me the last part looks wrong and i believe its causing the prob

1. Extract all files to their respective folders.

2. Find the file gui_global.spr in the sprites directory and add the lines in their
respective places.

Under special weapon buttons:
b_gsphereintegrator gbsphereintegrator00 0 0 64 64

Under Borg wireframes:
@reference=64
bfspherew1 BfsphereW 0 0 64 64

:D :D :D :D :D help please ive included the link to the file on a2 thanks

edit: its the odf of all things ...cant have two bcruise1 unlike fcruise3 which i have 2 one in ships stock.. one in stations odf file modded for voy Armour
very weird ??
so i believe if i change the file names of the build buttons and copy them rename them including the bcruuise1 which i will leave its stock model in the odf folder ships and make a clone change the name to sphere lol including the demo tech and add its stock build button renamed and copy-ed it should work

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Under special weapon buttons:
b_gsphereintegrator gbsphereintegrator00 0 0 64 64

Under Borg wireframes:
@reference=64
bfspherew1 BfsphereW 0 0 64 64
This seems to be ok, if a little incomplete. Normally wireframes have 5 components, but this one only has one. Will still work fine.

Watch out for anything that follows the wireframe entry. The above entry changes the reference to 64x64. Stock wires are set on 256x256 size textures if I'm not mistaken. One way to fix this would be to change the reference back to 256x256:

@reference=256

What did you mean by having two bcruise1? To avoid confusion, try to name all files pertaining to one unit with similar file names: bcruise1.odf, bcruise1.tga gbcruise1.tga, etc.

Sometimes this is difficult to do if you're assembling different mods together, but do try to keep naming consistent.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Increase Swap File Size means you are missing a " in an ODF file. I have used the Borg Fusion Cube and that is the exact same ship and I've never had any problems. There was a missing " but I fixed it way before I even put the ship into the game.
"If the starship profiles the Vulcans gave us are correct..."
"They're correct lieutenant, that's a Klingon Battle Cruiser." (From Star Trek Enterprise - Lt. Reed and Commander T'Pol)