Star Trek Armada Fleet Ops "Ages" Mod

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

User avatar
OVCathens
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:00 am

Post by OVCathens » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Image
Age II: United Federation of Planets

Discovery-class
Tier 1 (Scout)

Image

Armaments:
  • Dual Pulsed Phase Cannons*
    Photonic Torpedoes*
(*)=Forward only

Special Weapons:
None

Notes:
Good sensors.

Upgrades:
None

Refits:
None
Last edited by OVCathens on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
WarrenG12
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:00 am

Post by WarrenG12 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:18 pm

not bad

User avatar
Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am

Post by Je_mezu24 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:25 pm

OVCathens wrote:Also, I'm interested in your Generational mod. What is the overall format, and what kinds of ships did you add?
Sorry about the late reply to your post, I've had a lot to do and had to salvage the STA2_Generational Mod from an External Hard Drive problem. Plus I've been thinking about what to write because there's so much to say well not wanting to give away a lot of information and ideas especially when you're not using some of the same ships. Along with the fact you've mentioned some ships that I've been wanting but haven't found any mods for yet.

The STA2_Generational Mod is actually a mod I acquired through Dropbox from another modder who quite modding due to different issues with other modders and their actions on other forums, but I don't know the full story there nor do I want to. I've just chosen to complete the mod and renamed it to STA2_Generational and have been converting it to be a mod based on the STA2_Classic Mod and using the FleetOps Mods Directory.

The STA2_Generational Mod's generational features will only be for Instant Action and Multiplayer well generally leaving the STA2 Campaigns untouched.

Unlike your ideas of Tiers, I am using no such system but the mod begins in 2151 - 2161 for the ENT Era, then travels through Pre-TOS, TOS, TMP, TLE and through TNG/DS9/VOY and into the distant future (possibly even into the Star Trek Online timeline).

One of the major differences with your mod to the STA2_Generational Mod is the ships but some in the ENT Era are the same but some ships you've named I've never heard of (Freedom-class for an example). Plus I've come up with ways to weaken the Borg early on and keep them in the game and using the Dominion as well.

To get an idea about the mod maybe sending you a copy of the tech1 file (or posting it) would be best to fully grasp the scope and concept of the mod.

Sadly checking some of your minor races, I do see a lot of copying to the races that are in the STA2_Generational Mod and if all things go well it could possibly be done in 4-6 months; maybe less.

User avatar
OVCathens
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:00 am

Post by OVCathens » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Je_mezu24 wrote:
OVCathens wrote:Also, I'm interested in your Generational mod. What is the overall format, and what kinds of ships did you add?
Sorry about the late reply to your post, I've had a lot to do and had to salvage the STA2_Generational Mod from an External Hard Drive problem. Plus I've been thinking about what to write because there's so much to say well not wanting to give away a lot of information and ideas especially when you're not using some of the same ships. Along with the fact you've mentioned some ships that I've been wanting but haven't found any mods for yet.

The STA2_Generational Mod is actually a mod I acquired through Dropbox from another modder who quite modding due to different issues with other modders and their actions on other forums, but I don't know the full story there nor do I want to. I've just chosen to complete the mod and renamed it to STA2_Generational and have been converting it to be a mod based on the STA2_Classic Mod and using the FleetOps Mods Directory.

The STA2_Generational Mod's generational features will only be for Instant Action and Multiplayer well generally leaving the STA2 Campaigns untouched.

Unlike your ideas of Tiers, I am using no such system but the mod begins in 2151 - 2161 for the ENT Era, then travels through Pre-TOS, TOS, TMP, TLE and through TNG/DS9/VOY and into the distant future (possibly even into the Star Trek Online timeline).

One of the major differences with your mod to the STA2_Generational Mod is the ships but some in the ENT Era are the same but some ships you've named I've never heard of (Freedom-class for an example). Plus I've come up with ways to weaken the Borg early on and keep them in the game and using the Dominion as well.

To get an idea about the mod maybe sending you a copy of the tech1 file (or posting it) would be best to fully grasp the scope and concept of the mod.

Sadly checking some of your minor races, I do see a lot of copying to the races that are in the STA2_Generational Mod and if all things go well it could possibly be done in 4-6 months; maybe less.
I'd like to see that tech tree. :)

The Freedom-class was a one nacelled ship visible in the debris field at Wolf 359.

User avatar
Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am

Post by Je_mezu24 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:18 pm

OVCathens wrote: I'd like to see that tech tree. :)

The Freedom-class was a one nacelled ship visible in the debris field at Wolf 359.
The Freedom-class wasn't mentioned onscreen as any of the destroyed ships at Wolf 359 so I'd have to say that the true class is the official one nacelled starships in the Star Trek Universe, the Saladin-class or the Prime Universe's version of the Kelvin-Type.
Can you prove there's a ship class called the Freedom-class?

Here is a link to the tech1 file I've mentioned, I'm still editing as I go, most of it holds the original information from the mod I downloaded that I'm finishing up:
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/G6LygCldGA/tech1.tt.html

User avatar
OVCathens
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:00 am

Post by OVCathens » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:41 am

No it was never mentioned on screen. It goes along side the Springfield, Cheyanne, New Orleans, Niagra, and Challenger as one of those ships that were designed by the art crew to be a part of the debris field in Best of Both Worlds, Part II. I do believe they were identified in the Encyclopedia, which while technically isn't canon, it is the origin for many of the star ship class names we fans are familiar with.

User avatar
OVCathens
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:00 am

Post by OVCathens » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:53 am

Just read your tech tree, and thought you must have superpowers, since it's very intricate and well thought out.

I'm curious as to how the Alternate Reality fits into your mod as well? Because you mentioned in your previous post, alluding to a "prime universe kelvin" counterpart implying that the USS Kelvin onscreen prior to Nero's attack in the 2009 film wasn't the prime universe. If so, what does the Kelvin type in your mod look like?

User avatar
Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am

Post by Je_mezu24 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:13 pm

OVCathens wrote:No it was never mentioned on screen. It goes along side the Springfield, Cheyanne, New Orleans, Niagra, and Challenger as one of those ships that were designed by the art crew to be a part of the debris field in Best of Both Worlds, Part II. I do believe they were identified in the Encyclopedia, which while technically isn't canon, it is the origin for many of the star ship class names we fans are familiar with.
That sounds like Cannon Fodder ships for the Borg. :P

OVCathens wrote:Just read your tech tree, and thought you must have superpowers, since it's very intricate and well thought out.

I'm curious as to how the Alternate Reality fits into your mod as well? Because you mentioned in your previous post, alluding to a "prime universe kelvin" counterpart implying that the USS Kelvin onscreen prior to Nero's attack in the 2009 film wasn't the prime universe. If so, what does the Kelvin type in your mod look like?
Most of the ships mentioned in the tech1 file were already there and all I did was edit it a lot more to make it look even better than it was by smoothing it out with reorganization.

The Alternate Reality ships were among the ships already included and I don't really know what their purpose was and so far I've been thinking about having them be some Non-Playable Content and will be most likely ships and stations that will be Map Units and on some self created maps for self created mini missions where they'll be portraying enemy ships entering the Prime Universe from the Alternate Reality.

This picture from A2Files shows the Prime Version Kelvin Type along side the Proxima-class battlecruiser/dreadnought.
http://armada2.filefront.com/screenshots/File/96389/4

User avatar
OVCathens
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:00 am

Post by OVCathens » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Je_mezu24 wrote:
OVCathens wrote:No it was never mentioned on screen. It goes along side the Springfield, Cheyanne, New Orleans, Niagra, and Challenger as one of those ships that were designed by the art crew to be a part of the debris field in Best of Both Worlds, Part II. I do believe they were identified in the Encyclopedia, which while technically isn't canon, it is the origin for many of the star ship class names we fans are familiar with.
That sounds like Cannon Fodder ships for the Borg. :P
Yeah pretty much. I needed a vessel to act as the default scout for the Pre-TNG to TNG eras, so I selected that. I do intend all Post-Wolf 359 ships to have an added resistance to Borg Weaponry though. (Sovereign, Akira, Norway, Saber, Steamrunner, Defiant, Prometheus).
OVCathens wrote:Just read your tech tree, and thought you must have superpowers, since it's very intricate and well thought out.

I'm curious as to how the Alternate Reality fits into your mod as well? Because you mentioned in your previous post, alluding to a "prime universe kelvin" counterpart implying that the USS Kelvin onscreen prior to Nero's attack in the 2009 film wasn't the prime universe. If so, what does the Kelvin type in your mod look like?
Most of the ships mentioned in the tech1 file were already there and all I did was edit it a lot more to make it look even better than it was by smoothing it out with reorganization.

The Alternate Reality ships were among the ships already included and I don't really know what their purpose was and so far I've been thinking about having them be some Non-Playable Content and will be most likely ships and stations that will be Map Units and on some self created maps for self created mini missions where they'll be portraying enemy ships entering the Prime Universe from the Alternate Reality.

This picture from A2Files shows the Prime Version Kelvin Type along side the Proxima-class battlecruiser/dreadnought.
http://armada2.filefront.com/screenshots/File/96389/4
Hmm I see. I myself am including the Kelvin as it appeared in 2009. I like how the creator of that model noticed the similarities between the Proxima and Kelvin saucers and thus chose to base his Kelvin off of it. This is why I indend to have the Proxima introduced as the battleship of the Pre-TOS era. One of the things I liked about the Proxima, is that it wasn't just another TOS Enterprise kitbash.

User avatar
OVCathens
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:00 am

Post by OVCathens » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Image
Age II: United Federation of Planets

Discovery-class
Tier 3 (Destroyer)

Image

Armaments:
  • Phase Cannons
    Photonic Torpedoes
(*)=Forward only

Special Weapons:
Photonic Torpedo Module (Passive): Special energy is used automatically to fire volleys of additional Photonic Torpedoes.

Notes:
Slightly longer range torpedoes, but weaker defenses.

Upgrades:
None

Refits:
None

User avatar
Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am

Post by Je_mezu24 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:32 am

OVCathens wrote:Image
Age II: United Federation of Planets

Discovery-class
Tier 3 (Destroyer)

Image

Armaments:
  • Phase Cannons
    Photonic Torpedoes
(*)=Forward only

Special Weapons:
Photonic Torpedo Module (Passive): Special energy is used automatically to fire volleys of additional Photonic Torpedoes.

Notes:
Slightly longer range torpedoes, but weaker defenses.

Upgrades:
None

Refits:
None
Kind of looks like the Poseidon-class from the ENT Era in Star Trek Legacy.
By any chance didn't you already mention the Discovery-class?
Edit/Addition, well searching for images of the Poseidon-class on Google, the same picture you posted came up so I'm guessing you misnamed the ship class and meant to list it as the Poseidon-class.
Here is a link to an image showing all views of the Poseidon-class:
http://admiral-horton.deviantart.com/ar ... -371353082
OVCathens wrote: Age II: United Federation of Planets

Discovery-class
Tier 1 (Scout)


Armaments:
  • Dual Pulsed Phase Cannons*
    Photonic Torpedoes*
(*)=Forward only

Special Weapons:
None

Notes:
Good sensors.

Upgrades:
None

Refits:
None

User avatar
Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am

Post by Je_mezu24 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:10 pm

By any chance, are you going to use the refit NX-class starship?
(You know the Enterprise NX-01 Refit if that was planned to be the ship if Star Trek Enterprise was going to have a 5th Season before it got canceled?)
This version of the Enterprise NX-01 and the NX-class in general bridges the gap from the ENT Era (2151 - 2161) to the rise of the Constitution-class.
Image

User avatar
OVCathens
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:00 am

Post by OVCathens » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:05 pm

Je_mezu24 wrote:
OVCathens wrote:Image
Age II: United Federation of Planets

Discovery-class
Tier 3 (Destroyer)

Image

Armaments:
  • Phase Cannons
    Photonic Torpedoes
(*)=Forward only

Special Weapons:
Photonic Torpedo Module (Passive): Special energy is used automatically to fire volleys of additional Photonic Torpedoes.

Notes:
Slightly longer range torpedoes, but weaker defenses.

Upgrades:
None

Refits:
None
Kind of looks like the Poseidon-class from the ENT Era in Star Trek Legacy.
By any chance didn't you already mention the Discovery-class?
Edit/Addition, well searching for images of the Poseidon-class on Google, the same picture you posted came up so I'm guessing you misnamed the ship class and meant to list it as the Poseidon-class.
Here is a link to an image showing all views of the Poseidon-class:
http://admiral-horton.deviantart.com/ar ... -371353082
OVCathens wrote: Age II: United Federation of Planets

Discovery-class
Tier 1 (Scout)


Armaments:
  • Dual Pulsed Phase Cannons*
    Photonic Torpedoes*
(*)=Forward only

Special Weapons:
None

Notes:
Good sensors.

Upgrades:
None

Refits:
None
You're right, I forgot to change the name to Poseidon. As for the NX-refit... Yes yes and yes!

User avatar
Je_mezu24
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:00 am

Post by Je_mezu24 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:59 am

OVCathens wrote:

You're right, I forgot to change the name to Poseidon. As for the NX-refit... Yes yes and yes!
Glad to have been able to help you out with the class name and spotting the mistake. I guess it's a good thing that we both happen to be using the same ship.

I am also using the NX-class Refit in my mod as well, I've found two versions. The one at MSFC is the most accurate to the official version that was going to be in Season 5 of Star Trek Enterprise. The one here by MajorPayne is more of a TOS/TMP version by the looks of the textures so I've only included it as a Retrofit version of the ENT Era Refit.

I haven't been able to find any models for the Discovery-class from Star Trek Legacy as mods for A2 and really wanted to include one in the ENT Era for the Scout Ship as well.

I've also been looking for the Archer-class Scout ship from Star Trek Vanguard along with the main Starbase from Vanguard, the Watchtower-class Starbase (one of which is Starbase 47 Vanguard).

Have you by any chance every seen the fan made designs for the NX-class Refit? I have seen a few designs that further bridge the gap between the NX-class, the Refit and the Constitution-class. Some of which I almost think would be good to include at some moments.
Image

User avatar
OVCathens
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:00 am

Post by OVCathens » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Goddammit man... You're always one step ahead of me. :D I saw that diagram as well, and was planning on having the 2nd refit be from the Kelvin era, Pre-TOS era.

However, I've noticed with that altered model, the short nacelles on the second refit look somewhat 'derpy'. There is a wide empty space between the bussard collectors, and the secondary hull, with the catamaran-style hull removed. I was contemplating altering the model a bit, with longer nacelles that reach closer the the aft of the saucer.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests