STvsSWII Questions

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

SilverHammer
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

STvsSWII Questions

Post by SilverHammer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:41 am

I was involved in the A2 modding scene several years ago, and I've recently felt like trying it again. Is the demo for ST vs SW II the only version available? I have a distinct memory of them releasing a beta update back when they announced that the project was cancelled. I believe they only released it on a modding forum, not their main site. I remember playing that quite a bit, and it had mostly complete Federation, Klingon, Rebellion, and Empire sides, and playable but quite incomplete Romulans. The Romalans had at least a Valdore and Scimitar, but I don't remember what else. As I recall, the Yuuzhan Vong were also selectable but had no actual content yet.

I feel like I must be crazy, because this beta seems to be completely erased from the internet. I can't even find a mention of it anywhere, let alone a download. Is there anyone who remembers what I'm talking about? Is that beta still floating around anywhere? Or is my memory completely mistaken?

On a related note, does anyone know of a way to contact anyone from the Project 90 team?

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: STvsSWII Questions

Post by MajorPayne » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:33 am

Silverhammer. This might be an old topic but if you do read this then this might be the link you need (I'm not sure if this was uploaded to AFC):

http://www.moddb.com/mods/armada-2-star-wars

As for contacting the original team. I highly doubt you'll get hold of any of them. :(

SilverHammer
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by SilverHammer » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:09 pm

Thank you for the information. I love SWFC too. Unfortunately there's no Star Trek races in that, it's Star Wars only.

Sad that the team is no longer around. They did some amazing work.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:39 am

Hmmm.... Perhaps that gives me an idea.

SilverHammer
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by SilverHammer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:03 pm

MajorPayne wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:39 am
Hmmm.... Perhaps that gives me an idea.
Well that is an interesting tease. Would you consider discussing your idea? I've actually modded SWFC and the ST vs SW 2 quite a bit privately, and I'm definitely curious about anything related to those.