Carrier

Got yourself an inspired idea for a new model?? Got something to show?? Then do it right in here

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

USS_Frontier
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Carrier

Post by USS_Frontier » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:16 pm

I was thinking that in all mods or at least all I have seen) people make fighter carriers ethier be moving shipyards or the fighters be a speachal weopon. I was thinking would it be possible to use the galexy classes integration/seperation for docking/launching? exp. you build the carrier, you build say 5 fighters then you integrate the fighters and the carrier together using the galintegration.odf then once where you want the fighters to be you use the galseperation.odf to lounch them.
Anyone know if this would work? :? :)

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:31 pm

first you would have to not want the Galaxy Class Seperating, and second you would only be able to have the carrier and 1 fighter, unless you edit the source code.

EO
Life is what you make it.

krasim
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by krasim » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:15 am

no EO, he could have 5 fighters, he would just have to build them as one model, thats all.

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:41 pm

true, but if it were 5 seperate models then he would not be able to. Oh well, his decision on the whole squadron of Fighters.

EO
Life is what you make it.

Warmaster_Rob
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Warmaster_Rob » Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:51 pm

now i've been trying to get fighters in a1 as a special weapon for ages (mainly trying to use the wormhole maker weapon) but no luck. i hate having to build them in a yard and having them clog up a fleet selection (only 8 vessels can be highlighted at any 1 time and i'd rather that be just the cap ships instead of the hordes of fighters id have) if you have found some way to do this please let me know as i'm balding from the stress of it all. i'm able to get the weapon to build any ob you want just not a functional 1 (ie an active station or ship, it seems restricted to map abjects which is a pain).

cheers
Come join the strongest vampire clan in the world