Neat Enterprise NCC-1701

Got yourself an inspired idea for a new model?? Got something to show?? Then do it right in here

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Neat Enterprise NCC-1701

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:49 pm

http://img99.localhost-textreplaced/img ... 898ss6.jpg

I found this today surfing one of my favorite anime sites it was on the high resolution page. So I posted it in here incase anyone would be interested in modeling it.

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Neat Enterprise NCC-1701

Post by Zman » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:08 pm

SaiyaJin_Dale wrote:So I posted it in here incase anyone would be interested in modeling it.
You're only like the 20th person to say that lol. That model was done in 2005 apparently.
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:38 pm

Though it's not very traditional to the original series, I like it. If they would have made the NX Enterprise not look like a ship from the late-24th century, they would never have had to think of changing the NCC-1701.

Just imagine what ships like the Excelsior, Ambassador, Galaxy, Sovereign, etc would look like thanks to the NX Enterprise looking almost as advanced as an Akira! Not only do they need to remaster series these days, but it seems they have to replace nearly everything in them.

This leads me to wonder, will they be replacing William Shatner's toupai (sp?) with a more technologically advanced one? The thought is just terrifying.

However, I do like this model. Yet if they implement this to replace the NCC-1701 it will only serve to make people buy newly-modified and re-re-remastered DVD's of the original series. MONEY *cough*. Kind of like Micro$oft forcing Vista onto everyone and then announcing the possibility of scrapping it in 2008. So it's like a new operating system every 1 or 2 years.

If this is the case with Trek, Enterprise actually saved Trek, because now they'll be selling more re-re-re-re-remastered dvds! LoL
Dead

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:27 pm

Advanced toopee?? LOL. Nah. It would be tribble.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:10 pm

LMAO!
Dead

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:04 am

I sure do hope to got that they don't make the enteprise look like that...that would be the most sacreligious thing ever done to Star Trek. Gene would be rolling in his grave even more than he is right now..if this is pre TOS than the Enterprise has to look like it did during the original series
Captain Benjamin Sisko of the U.S.S. Defiant

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:08 am

I'm not so religious with Star Trek or any sci-fi or any show. If they made a new movie about pre-TOS where they brought Picard back in time and Picard was killed by little Kirk, I'd be like "eh, that's TV for ya". Bunch of actors and mostly cgi these days. TV and Movies has become completely unoriginal, full of the same silly cliches and unoriginal plots. All explosions look the same anymore. Just about every Federation starship looks about the same these days (well that is, when you are in the hospital for a whole 24 hours and have been doped up beyond imagination's imagination, and then sit down to watch a trek dvd).
Dead

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:09 pm

Whats wrong with taking a new look at things?
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

ok

Post by pal23 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:31 am

i think the ship looks cool. but i wana see the movie version

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:18 pm

Here she is:

Taken from the Teaser Trailer

pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

its a good ship

Post by pal23 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:55 am

its a good ship the film is guna have different camera quality so its pretty much possible it will look different. has anybody seen the episode on deep space nine where captain sisko accidently travel's back in time and meet captain kirk where it involved the tribbles?

pal23
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Also

Post by pal23 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:57 am

also phatom can i send u my ship by email ill need ur email add to send the design to.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:58 pm

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:32 am

Oversized images on the forum need to be auto-resized, by detecting image dimensions through php and then clicking on the image to show the full pic in a new window. That way the posts will remain in the viewport instead of running off the sides.

Besides that, the Enterprise is looking to be quite interesting. I just hope that in Star Trek 12 they go back to making TNG-era movies (ST:12 could take place sometime after Nemesis). They need to do something other than Enterprise too, like Voyager did with the USS Voyager.

And as most of us already know, Star Trek 11 isn't going to be in theaters until late-May 2009, it was postponed another half year. They'll be moving it to December 09 next thing you know. I seriously think that ST:11 will be the last Star Trek movie (although a new movie might come out 20 years later; they did it with Rocky and Rambo, etc; Trek is probably going to end up sorta like that).
Dead

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:39 pm

Elrond wrote:I seriously think that ST:11 will be the last Star Trek movie (although a new movie might come out 20 years later; they did it with Rocky and Rambo, etc; Trek is probably going to end up sorta like that).
I know, kinda sad if you think about it, until the fans pass on, Star Trek might be saying it's final days, I sure hope not though. Star Trek is a big franchise, well was... I sure hope new things show up though. Sorry for being off topic lol. Plus shame on you Phantom, using that oversized image :P