Star Trek Online and DAC ships

Got yourself an inspired idea for a new model?? Got something to show?? Then do it right in here

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Angilas
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Star Trek Online and DAC ships

Post by Angilas » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:35 am

Now I dont know if anyone has brought this up or anything, but has anyone attempted or attempting to bring ships seen in both Star Trek Online and Star Trek D.A.C. to the Armada community?

I have yet to register and pay my dues along with a good internet connection to play the games, but I searched for the ships and some of them would look pretty awesome on Armada or Armada-2.

If those ships were brought to the community I would definately download the mods with my pathetic dial-up connection.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:32 pm

I have also seen some pretty cool ships that are from Star Trek Online, and some look unique as well. I too wouldn't mind seeing them in the game for Armada II.

There is actually one ship inparticular that I like!

Angilas
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Angilas » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:03 pm

Oh look at her! She looks like she could be a TNG refit of the Yamato Class, one of the most beautiful gaming ships next to the Missouri and Achilles.
I WOULD PREFER THAT YOU SUFFERED IN YOUR LAST SECONDS ON EARTH, SUFFERED THE TORMENT OF A THOUSAND YEARS OF AGONY, BUT I MUST ACT! DIE GUYVER!
Aptom Fighting Guyver-1 of datas 1-12

Zman
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Star Trek Online and DAC ships

Post by Zman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:28 pm

@Angilas

Converting STO ships to any other game is against the STO EULA. You would have to create them from scratch yourself. Though you can view the models outside the game but not use any of it to make a new model just as a guide. Some have made and are or will be working on many of the STO fed ships for use in BC. You could go over to BC Central and ask nicely if you can have them converted for you to sod format or whatever format they can.

Someone over at BC Central also converted the DAC ships for use with whatever. Though the models and textures have been tweaked but for the better.

@jetnova

That would be the Proxima Class Bismarck Refit. http://legacy.filefront.com/file/Bismar ... efit;78442 Since its obviously a stock Legacy model the only person you can get it from is maxloef who has and will be converting the stock Legacy ships over to BC. I don't remember if he has converted that one or not but you can ask for it early if he already hasn't.
My Games:
NR2K3(750+ tracks;5000+ cars)
ST:BC(latest KM-custom) ST:Legacy(custom)
ST:Armada(custom) ST:Armada2(custom)
ST:FO(latest version)
SW:EAW(custom) SW:FOC(custom)
TF2: Name - 086gf

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Star Trek Online and DAC ships

Post by jetnova16 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:02 pm

Zman wrote:@jetnova

That would be the Proxima Class Bismarck Refit. http://legacy.filefront.com/file/Bismar ... efit;78442 Since its obviously a stock Legacy model the only person you can get it from is maxloef who has and will be converting the stock Legacy ships over to BC. I don't remember if he has converted that one or not but you can ask for it early if he already hasn't.
Thank you, I didn't know that. I just know that the ship appeared in a Google Image search when I was looking for Star Trek Online ships, so I just guessed it was from there. I did suspect it might have been from Star Trek Legacy though (by the weapons fire) and also thought it was related to the Proxima-class, nice to know that it is the Bismarck Proxima-class Refit.
Last edited by jetnova16 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:29 am

Yeah, these ships would be pretty awesome, but would they stack up against Borg cubes?

eddy94
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddy94 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:38 pm

is there a .m3d importer for legacy? a few ported models for that would do the trick for Online and DAC ships since a few mods are out on legacy that look like that
eddy94

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:09 am

i think there is, but im not sure. ive bee looking elsewhere and i think i found one