Race Information

A mod dedicated to bringing Starfleet command to the Armada Universe, can it be done?

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Race Information

Post by Atlantis » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:48 am

Federation: The Federation was formed to explore in peace, and to mutually protect each member race from the more aggressive races of the galaxy. The Federation is one of the most scientific empires in the area, but are also a very strong military alliance, and are very well rounded, as they have strengths from dozens of races.

Gorn: The Gorn Confederation lies in a relatively empty region of space between the Federation and the Klingon Empire. As such, they are extremely defensive, and quick to strike any opposition. Their ships are very sturdy, and have a large arsenal of weaponry, but are relatively slow and sluggish.

Hydrans: (I haven't quite decided on this yet) The Hydran Kingdom is a relatively small empire, but with many resources and a good sense of order. Their empire and navy are well organised, and well balanced, with a multi-tiered fleet of fighters, corvettes, and cruisers. Their ships are fast, and occasionaly armed with powerful Fusion Cannons.

ISC: The InterStellar Concordion was brought into our region of space by the Organians, to enforce peace on the warring races. They are extremely militaristic and arrogant, believing themselves to be demi-Gods. However, their warships are extremely powerful, and with their advanced technologies, such as Jumpgates, they make a powerful adversary.

Klingons: The Klingon Empire was formed out of war, honour, and self-sacrifice, and it is the same today. The Klingons crave war, to gain honour, and have declared war with every known race, at one time or another. They also have a multi-tiered fleet of fast attack ships, and devastating battleships. They don't use so much advanced technology as the other races, but make up for that with sheer amount of standard weaponry.

Romulans: The Romulan Star Empire lies in a relatively resource-poor region of space, which has forced the Romulans (formerly of Vulcan) to adopt a more stealthy attitude, to make the best of their resources. Their technology has always been behind the other races, and they only discovered Warp Drive a few years ago (before this they had used a jump drive known as the Positronic Flywheel, but this was very inefficient). That said, their cloaking capabilities and plasma weaponry make the Romulans extremely dangerous.

Tholians: The Tholian Assembly are possibly the most xenophobic race in the area. Their empire is small, but extremely well defended. Most starships entering their space never return. The Tholians and their ships are both Silicon-based, although their ships are not life forms as such. Most of their starships are smaller than most empires, and a lot faster, but rely on working in groups to destroy larger enemy ships. They also use a lot of advanced technology, such as the Web Spinner, so they are an unusual adversary.

Venturi: The Venturi were driven from their homeworld a few years ago when their sun went supernova. It is believed that they found the ruins of an ancient civilisation beyond the galactic barrier, and have now mobilised a devastating armada. Nothing more is known of their technology.

Comments? Feedback?

kai121
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by kai121 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:21 am

hmmm ..the idea in itself is sound, I would like to see what thw finished veersion looks like :wink:
"It is our destiny to attempt the impossible, to accomplish great deeds regardless of fear".

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:46 am

Atlantis wrote:Romulans : The Romulan Star Empire lies in a relatively resource-poor region of space, which has forced the Romulans (formerly of Vulcan) to adopt a more stealthy attitude, to make the best of their resources. Their technology has always been behind the other races, and they only discovered Warp Drive a few years ago (before this they had used a jump drive known as the Positronic Flywheel, but this was very inefficient). That said, their cloaking capabilities and plasma weaponry make the Romulans extremely dangerous.
What is the Positronic Flywheel? Is that cannon, or did you make it up?

Nice! But where are the Lyrans and the Mirak?

Alot of those race will be appearing in my mod, but only as map units. It's good to see a large number of TMP era mods coming out. :wink:

I look forward to the finish product Atlantis!

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:34 am

Well Cold Front was the first of the A2 wave of TMP mods :-P

The Positronic Flywheel was in Empires & Federations mod ages ago. I'll probably use something else if i can't get permission from them to use it though.

The Lyrans and Mirak are map units.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:50 am

Atlantis wrote:Well Cold Front was the first of the A2 wave of TMP mods :-P

The Positronic Flywheel was in Empires & Federations mod ages ago. I'll probably use something else if i can't get permission from them to use it though.

The Lyrans and Mirak are map units.
Yes, I am aware of that. :wink:

I love you new race gui's that are on your Cold Front website. Great work there.

That reminds me, I need to do some of them myself. :?

Well I am looking forward to ur mod Atlantis. :)