OK then....

A mod dedicated to bringing Starfleet command to the Armada Universe, can it be done?

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

OK then....

Post by Atlantis » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:42 pm

Heyhey kids, its me, Atlantis! :P

Right, heres what might happen:

As you might know, "Cold Front" refers to both of my mods, "Cold Front : Algeron", and "Cold Front : Undiscovered Countries".

Now im planning on making this a possible trilogy:

-Cold Front 1: Hope and Fear [Romulan War and TOS] (Originally called Algeron) (Dont worry, Fireball, i wont step on DawnOfWar's toes with the TOS bit)
-Cold Front 2: Undiscovered Countries [TMP] (My current project)
-Cold Front 3: Frontlines [TNG and early DS9, not Dominion war] (If there is already a mod with this name (im not sure), please contact me and i'll change it.)

Now then, even if the community isnt interested in my mods, im still going to make them for myself (ie. if you dont like it, get lost :P), until i'm happy with them, then release them. Once i've finished CF2 i'll start work on CF1 and CF3 kinda simultaneously, as i'll have a good template to work from.

I'd like lots of feedback on this idea (and especially offers to help, that would be great), and once CF2 is complete and you can see what kinda mod that is, i hope there'll be even more interest in this.

Also, dont forget that the Cold Front series does have a forum, at www.coldforum.vze.com. Anyone's free to register and post, dont be shy! :)

Well, thats all, i guess. :)
Atlantis

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hey!

Post by Numbazix » Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:46 pm

What makes u think the community wouldn't be interested? Nothing wrong with your ideas and hope u will post the mods when they are finished. :P Also you've got a nice site. Went over and signed up.
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:25 pm

Yeah what i meant was that there are modders/people in the Armada community who just criticise, not even constructively, usually on *cough* sgn *cough* (just an observation). I was just pointing out that i aint going to listen or acknowledge any unconstructive (is that a word?) criticisation (is that a word?)

Lol, need more booze.

-ATL

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:06 am

Yeah. That is unfortunate. In an interview on another site they were talking with Pneumonics. He made the same comment as his reason for leaving AFC. There is a saying, "You attract more flies with sugar than you do with vinegar."
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

CenturionV
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CenturionV » Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:35 pm

I'm interested, especially in CF1 (I'm getting kinda sick of all the mods out there being TNG/DS9/VOY based.) Just wanted to give my support :D
"Oh, now be honest, Captain. Warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be. No peace in our time. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends."

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:08 pm

Ah kool cheers. I'll put you on list of people to contact when i get round to starting work on Cf1 then :) Thanks.

-ATL