Help with the AI in ARmada 1

Here you will find tutorials on modding

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

weyoun782
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Help with the AI in ARmada 1

Post by weyoun782 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:28 am

I'm rewriting the AI files in armada 1, and i want to make the AI mass a large fleet, roughly 30 ships, then attack. Not do sporatic attacks. Is there any correlation of how many shipyards. anything anybody knows about AI would be helpful.

WillM
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by WillM » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:13 am

my original version of A1 with 1.2 Patch dose that... :?

weyoun782
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by weyoun782 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:00 pm

I know what you are talking about, but im talking about big, large fleets, say 50 ships, the patch doesn't do that.

WillM
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by WillM » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:31 pm

:?, really? it dose on my version...especially when i set it for Klingons, i get massive fleets...sometimes they are soo big it takes like 20 mins for my base too destroy all of the enemy vessels...

weyoun782
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by weyoun782 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:57 am

i once got the AI to look like a giant block on the little map.

graviton
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by graviton » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:07 pm

Perhaps you could take a look at, say, the klingon main aip and do some trial-and-error experimenting with these integers:

int min_attack_force = 1
int max_attack_force = 1

That's all that I could find in my quick skimming of the AI files. However, those parameters may not be applicable to that purpose, as all of them are equal to 1. But that doesn't make any sense...it sets the max attack force to be 1?? :?

I don't know. Do some experimenting :P
Melior Posco Venia Quam Scisco Licentia

RebmaBoss
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by RebmaBoss » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:32 am

I don't know if you are still checking out this forum, but I have a helpful hint for you.

I too had the same problem, one time--I wanted 50 ships to attack at once, but couldn't do so. What seems to be the problem is that the computer just doesn't seem to be willing to wait, no matter what you tell it. It always attacks as soon as it builds.

While I can't tell you how to fix that, if you adjust the file RTS_CFG.h, you can edit the AI Build Handicap. The smaller you make the handicap, the faster the AI it will build. Eventually, it will be building so fast that it will have no choice but to attack with 50 ships.

There is a drawback--the computer will attack faster and build faster than you might want. If you want a very hard computer AI, like most people do, this is the way to go. Go to the file RTS_CFG.h and edit this line:

float HARD_AI_COST_AND_SPEED_HANDICAP = 0.4;

(Don't forget to select hard difficulty when selecting your AI difficulty.)

The smaller you make it, the faster the AI will build. The hard part is coming up with a value that is just right for you. You make it too small, the computer will attack too quickly and with too many ships. (I used a value of .001, and I had something like 300 sovereign class ships attacking constantly!) You make it too big, you have fewer ships attacking. It's up to you to find a value that works for you.

I hope this helps--it really works!
Last edited by RebmaBoss on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

steviegirl
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Kool!

Post by steviegirl » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:19 am

I learned something NEW!Tanx guy's! :)
"He´s dead Jim,you get the tri-corder,I´ll get his wallet."