Ship colors in Armada 1

Here you will find tutorials on modding

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

RebmaBoss
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Ship colors in Armada 1

Post by RebmaBoss » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:04 am

I apologize if this question has already been asked, but is there an easy way to modify the color choices for Armada 1?

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:45 am

If you have the Armada odfs, in the "Other" folder there is a teamcolor.odf. I can't be positive at this point, but I'm fairly sure that this is where you change the colors. With it open, you see 3 columns of decimal numbers. If you've ever used photoshop then you know that the first column is red, second is green, third is blue. From what I can gather, 1.0 would be equal to the full 255 value in a standard drawing program like photoshop. So, if you had an exact color you wanted in the game, you just identify the red, green, and blue values, and multiply each by (1/255) and enter the values you get in place of any color on the list from white to brown (them's the only colors that show up as options, as you well know.) I don't explain things very well so here's an example.

// Team colors. (0 = neutral, 1-8 = teams)
empty = 0.5 0.5 0.5
white = 0.9 0.9 0.9

I want to change white to a dark purple. The purple that I want has color values in photoshop of:
R: 67 G: 0 B: 75. So, I multiply these by (1/255) and get roughly:
R:0.3 G: 0 B: 0.3. Now I plug these into the 'white' team color---

// Team colors. (0 = neutral, 1-8 = teams)
empty = 0.5 0.5 0.5
white = 0.3 0.0 0.3

There, now the 'white' should be a nice dark purple when I play. Hope this helps!!!