Here you will find tutorials on modding

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

RebmaBoss
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Armada 2 sounds

Post by RebmaBoss » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:29 pm

I don't know if this is due to modifications I have added or not:

In the first Armada, if any event requiring a sound happened before a previous sound was finished playing, the event's sound would not play so that confusion could be avoided. For instance, if I had a ship built and selected another ship, only one of the sounds would play, and the other wouldn't.

In my version of Armada II, each sound plays, no matter when it popped up--it seems that Armada II wants to play each sound, even if it has to wait to play it. So, when I have huge fleets of ships, I hear one sound after another after another. Is there any way to fix this?

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:39 pm

Do you have a version of the Dominion Ultimate mod for your version of the game? I've noticed that it has this same issue, though I regret to say that at the moment I don't know how to fix it (I only ever played Dominion Ultimate on my cousin's computer, and therefore I know very little about it).

RebmaBoss
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by RebmaBoss » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:32 pm

I do have a Dominion Ultimate Modification.

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Aha! Now if only I had a solution. I will say this much, based on what little I came up with after scouring the internet for answers, I would recommend that you try downloading the Dominion Ultimate 1.4.1, which I think is the most complete version of the mod and supposedly bug-free, if you haven't already.
http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Domin ... _EXE;49136

is the address you want. If that isn't helpful, than at this point I'm afraid I don't have anything else. But I will continue to search for the answer with what limited means I have! (unfortunately, A2 doesn't currently work on my computer, due to poor disc-keeping on my part. I do have the added files for the Dominion Ult. downloaded on my computer, but without the game I have no hope of knowing the results of any tinkering).

RebmaBoss
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by RebmaBoss » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:28 pm

Don't worry...Problem solved! (I took most of the "SoundPriority 2" sections out of the file events.dat)

By the way, patch 1.4.1 doesn't fix it, just to let you know.

doci7
Ensign
Ensign

Post by doci7 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Nice job! Sorry I couldn't help, but if you're like me you're probably just happy that you were able to figure it out on your own.