Here you will find tutorials on modding

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

PraetorNeral
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Adding ships to the Millennium Mod...

Post by PraetorNeral » Thu May 15, 2008 9:44 pm

Hello all,

I'm a new member here having recently picked up playing Armada and modding again after finding my game disc and backed up mod files from an attempt a few years ago.

Recently, I played through the game with the Millennium Mod 1.9 installed and decided that I wanted to use this mod for the basis for my own personal mod. I began by trying to add the Scimitar and Valdore to the game, but with no luck. Then I tried adding several Starfleet ships to the game, and still no luck. Basically what I've found is that I can move things around but not add things.

I was wondering if this was something unique to this mod, that there is some trick to adding ships and weapons to the game, or if I might just be making a bonehead mistake? Has anyone had any similar experiences? Any help would be much appreciated. :D

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:49 pm

user the big book of modding mate :) its under the tut section :)

PraetorNeral
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by PraetorNeral » Sat May 24, 2008 9:07 pm

Thanks, but unfortunately that hasn't really solved my problem. I really think there's some trick to the Millennium Mod that keeps us from adding things.

I decided to start from 'scratch' using the Generations mod and elements of several other mods, and tonight when I went to test some recent modifications I'd made in multiplayer, the game never seemed to start loading, froze my computer. Does this mean I've screwed something up in gui_global or a tech file, or is it trying to load so much that it crashes... anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks.