Here you will find tutorials on modding

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

PraetorNeral
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

'SOD OFF' problem...

Post by PraetorNeral » Sun May 25, 2008 10:09 am

Hello all,

So I've recently been working on adding a number of ships into my own personal super mod... in this particular problem I'm working with A1 and the mods come from the Klingon Academy mod... particularly Romulan ships. I've been able to add the ships to the game, but when I go to build the all that appears is the little white 'sod off' box. The SODs show up in Storm3d though and look fine, and I've been able to add a number of other ships from the Klingon Academy mod with no problem... can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Thanks!!

Dawfydd
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Dawfydd » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:22 am

Not considering i'm flawless, because i make plenty of mistakes i've had issues making some models work ingame recently.

Filenames match, have changed them back and forth many times "halp.odf - halp.sod" still shows up as a pretty box, is no basename command in the odf odf file, the inculde links to the base Battle.odf file.

also tired naming it a base game filename replacing the old seems to have no effect, model has no problem showing up in storm3d model veiwer what so ever.

any help would be great, i've run into this issue twice before and decided to ditch the said ships.. but i want this one grr lol

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Well there is one answer. Find someone who can reconvert the model for you. Thats usually what I do with nearly all 3rd party models as many don't have the hardpoint setup I like to use.

Dawfydd
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Dawfydd » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks, yeah i would if i knew somebody.
Yeah hp placement annoys me alot as well, I like to have spread out hp's where most are located just at tips of wings.
Places no ship would have weapons!

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:01 am

Dawfydd. Email me the model, its textures and take a picture or two with your wanted weapons hardpoints and I'll convert it for you, but be aware that my time is limited and therefore I most likely won't be able to do more than this one time.

pepperman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by pepperman » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:42 pm

If the model opens and displays in A1 Storm 3D application I see no good reason it souldn't display in the A1 game.Something that you might consider trying is to open the file in the Storm 3D tool and resave it from there. I have used this approach to fix texture issues on some models. Hope it works for you.

Dawfydd
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Dawfydd » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:53 am

Its okay, but thank you MajorPayne.

I've just decided to move on, there are plenty of other models out there.

If it does keep bothering me when i am finshed adding everything i may revisit the idea.

But for now, Thanks anyway :)