A2 ships converted for A1

Here you will find tutorials on modding

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Tommygun_BoG
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Tommygun_BoG » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:24 am

So why don't you use the search engine of this site to look for the mods Major A Payne told you about? You don't have to be a programmer to use a search engine...

Croatian, Russian, Polish way...bla bla...heard of those stereotypes before. Ridiculous!
This is a board for Armada modding not to inform people about the abuse of related products.

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:55 am

Lets keep things on topic :)

I will try to find a few minutes to put together a better step-by-step, but I'm certain that you wont find anyone willing to give up their day to convert A2 ships to A1. It really isn't very difficult to do yourself though.

Take a look at the filesize of the SODs that you exported. If its 0 bytes, you might have to change the name of the top node. To do this, press 'h' while in the main window of 3dsmax. Find a node named 'scene_root'. Doubleclick on it and rename to 'root' (name shown in the right panel).

If the filesize if greater than 0 bytes, easiest thing to do is just delete everything that begins with 's_' or 'e_'. Then re-export the model.

There really can't be much else that would mess up the SOD and not let it load in storm.

galac
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by galac » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:58 am

ok i'll post some screenshots that you can see what i'm doing...beginning with import and export and so on...that's the best way to see what i'm doing wrong...

galac
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by galac » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:16 am

ok guys here it is:
just for sod now...original size of file was 104 kb, after ''modding'' size is 12 kb

here is gallery http://postimg.org/gallery/8khe6nwm/0b04f39d/

i tried to see model in storm3d, without texture editing, but application stopped working...so i don't know what's wrong

galac
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by galac » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Tommygun_BoG wrote:So why don't you use the search engine of this site to look for the mods Major A Payne told you about? You don't have to be a programmer to use a search engine...

Croatian, Russian, Polish way...bla bla...heard of those stereotypes before. Ridiculous!
This is a board for Armada modding not to inform people about the abuse of related products.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE ME MATE...NEVER...I FOUND EASIER SOLUTION CALLED MILKSHAPE 3D AND SOD PLUGINS FOR A1 AND A2...AND IT'S CONVERTING LIKE CHARM! BTW, EVERYTHING I'M TRYING TO FIND, EVENTUALLY I FIND...THX FOR YOUR HELP ANYWAY..

HOWEVER, MRVULCAN CAN YOU HELP ME ABOUT TEXTURES, FOR NOW SHIPS ARE JUST WHITE...SO, I TRIED METHOD 1, BUT NOTHING CHANGES

http://s23.postimg.org/hl8rsq7i3/inyourface.png

Tommygun_BoG
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Tommygun_BoG » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:40 pm

Tommygun_BoG wrote:
galac wrote:i saw link..those are only for A2 :( it seems i can try this myself...damn...it'd be great to create those romulan ships from SFC3
Well, not exactly...
The files contain mesh files of the ships/stations for milkshape (another 3d modelling software) so it can be converted to A1.
... :roll:

galac
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by galac » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:22 pm

sorry for un professionalism...i acted like little chid...that's me, my character...can you recommend me some some texture tools...obviously i can't use those from A2...

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:50 am

Galactic. You will require either paint shop pro or photoshop to remove the alpha layer (which contains the units lighting) and resale the texture. Now before you start on about not being able to do this i strongly suggest you do a google search for this. Oh and if you need it go to a2files.com main website for a tutorial on adding hard points using milkshape.