Page 2 of 3
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:18 am
i saw link..those are only for A2
it seems i can try this myself...damn...it'd be great to create those romulan ships from SFC3
Well, not exactly...
The files contain mesh files of the ships/stations for milkshape (another 3d modelling software) so it can be converted to A1.
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:48 am
There are two ways to do this. One with just the basic tools provided by paint, and another with a very useful plugin.
1. Expand the colour selection window.
2. Click on the secondary colour.
3. Change the secondary color to something fully transparent.
4. Click on the gradient tool (or 'G')
5. Change from "colour mode" to "transparency mode"
6. Change from "normal blending" to "overwrite"
7. Click+drag and release the gradient anywhere on the image.
8. Save and you're done.
Don't forget to change the modes back when using other tools. Some tools like lines and shapes share these the settings.
0. Download the Curves+ Plugin
and drop it in the Paint.NET\Effects folder/
1. Click on "Adjustments" menu
2. Select "Curves+..."
3. Change from "Luminosity" to "Advanced"
4. In the white center window, Click+Drag to the upper left corner. Drag a little bit past the corner to be sure.
5. Click ok and save the file.
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:39 pm
i tried...no success... guys can you convert this to A1
http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Borg_ ... 7#Download
Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:10 pm
and please put step by step e.g.
1. i import sod
2. i did this, i did that etc... plz
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:55 am
IIRC there's a Borg cylinder in one of my Borg incursion projects and EVERY model I've converted has always been compatible with both games.
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:03 am
please majorpayne can you put links...it's hard to find what you need these days.. ufff
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:09 pm
what do you mean by "no success"?
Where exactly did you run into trouble? It is many times more difficult to explain something when you don't know what the problem was.
1. Import model
2. Look at model and make sure things look normal (ei, no missing mesh bits, all textures are showing up, etx)
3. Export using the appropriate export script.
4. Remove the transparencies in each of the textures as per the steps I outlined in my previous post
5. Load the models in storm3D and again check that everything looks normal.
- There is documentation with the exporter and importer for steps 1 and 3
- Step 2 is knowing the basics of rotating/zooming in 3dsmax. See tutorials or youtube videos on 3dsmax basics.
- A1 storm3D tool has decent documentation provided with it in the download.
I just didn't want to rewrite anything that's already been well done. Please let us know where exactly you had trouble.
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:21 pm
1. i imported bcolony.sod and export it with tools you provided (A2 to A1)
2. i opened paint net and change transparency to tga files - bcolony, bcolony_1, bcolony_2 using method 1
3. of course, i saved changes to all of this stuff
4. i edited odf file for bcolony and made it available for build
5. i ran A1 but game crashes on loading screen
6. any thoughts??
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:38 pm
I suggest using Storm3D to check SODs for errors. This eliminates all other possible reasons for a crash on load.
Does the model load in storm3d? does it hang the utlity? does it give a white cube with SOD-OFF written on it? What is the file size of the exported SOD? If it is 0 bytes, something went wrong in the export process.
Remember that for A1, everything needs to be attached to a "root" node, where as in A2, everything is attached to a "Scene_root" node.
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:56 pm
how to drag sod file to storm3d tool? ooo i found it how to drag, sorry
but nothing shows and storm3d freezes
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:59 pm
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:02 pm
That site seems to require you to sign up. If you can, please upload to a place that doesn't require signing up.
I can look at the max file, as well as the SOD to see what's going on.
Also verify that the emitter and sprite entries exist in A1.The standard damage stuff was just copied over, but it could be that your specific model has some extra emitters or sprites that aren't in A1.
Most of the emitters are in sprites\emitters.spr
Other sprites can be in any of the sprites files, but things like lights are generally in lights.spr.
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:39 pm
i would happy when someone could convert all borg ships from A2 to A1...
now i'm going to get drunk
Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:27 am
Seriously, why don't you try or look for the things yourself, instead of getting drunk? To ask other people to do the work for you while you're sipping some booze is not the right way, boy...
Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:41 am
dont get me wrong...i tried..but obviusly i'm too much noob for this :/ i wish this is easy like editing ODFs pfff
and drinking is croatian way mate