Future Tense Borg Unicomplex

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

QuantumHalo
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Location: Mordor, Thangrodrim or Angband, depending on the season

Post by QuantumHalo » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:22 am

Great work Phantom... I think it needs more though, considering it's use and the amount of stuff it replaces. I'm sure it's not done though. I look forward to the next additions :)

Cecil... that question was uncalled for :P I will personally see to it that it can be damaged... hehe
Retired Modder
CG Animator

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:45 am

QuantumHalo wrote:Great work Phantom... I think it needs more though, considering it's use and the amount of stuff it replaces. I'm sure it's not done though. I look forward to the next additions :)

Cecil... that question was uncalled for :P I will personally see to it that it can be damaged... hehe

LMAO i knew u were going to reply to my message QH :P

Achilles
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Achilles » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:24 am

sernaix dread, that piece of overstated junk :p, Captains find it an embarrasment to have to destroy one :P

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:54 am

Once the 1st shipyard and the interior round turrets which are basically holding beams and adaption beams (Providing I can get those to work) then the main center area is done.

Then I'll build the middle area which will consist of:

Yard 2
Research 2
Sensor arrays
Turrets
Regeneration alcoves (Fancy name for a repair bay)
and the Assimilators yard (constructs ships to assimilate resources)

Once that is done then the exterior area will be made

Consisting of:

Cube construction matrix
Turrets,
Research 3
Yard 3
Regeneartion area (intended for the larger areas)
Collective Matrix arrays

The Collective Matrix Array is basically the Borg super weapon. The Transwarp Hub is a map unit, that will allow any ship from any race or player to enter and explore the map with these 1-way conduits like in Endgame :)

This matrix will basically create a shell around the collective protecting it from weapons fire

Ad'

Phoenix87
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Phoenix87 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:12 pm

If the addons are built like pods how do u keep the complex in formation?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:44 pm

Ah well thats where the FT's unique modding comes in as everything is positioned located and specially hardpointed

Ad;

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:54 pm

Achilles wrote:sernaix dread, that piece of overstated junk :p, Captains find it an embarrasment to have to destroy one :P
well by the time im done with the Fed weapons the sernaix will be nothing but Swiss cheese :P

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:37 pm

I don't know about everybody else, but I think this will be the most unique unit ever made! A whole race built into one station!

A scene on the command station of the Unimatrix during a huge battle with a fleet of Sernaix Dreadnoughts:

Unimatrix Commander: "Wow, those gnats are bad today, aren't they - well, at least these one's don't bite."

:lol:

Achilles
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Achilles » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:01 pm

any moment now Halo is going to gun us all down in a postman style frenzy :P

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:28 am

lol :lol: Well, seeing as Quantum Halo's location is Mordor, Thangorodrim, or Angband, I would say that's a possibility - well, if this is the Halo you're talking about. Hey, I'm just kiddin', there, Halo!

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:25 am

I can see a bitchslap coming lol

The Borg Unicomplex and the Borg Transwarp hub are easily going to be the biggest units in the game as the ships and stations are going to be scaled.

However the complex is created and designed to be able to fly into it.

IE if you had a federation stealth system or an advanced cloaking device that the Borg had not yet assimilated, (Once Borg Assimilate technology they'll adapt to it) you could probably fly a starship inside and monitor the collective, just watch out for cubes as cubes will be flying about inside the complex ;) - that should give you an idea of the scale lol

Im gonna add the rest of the interior areas later tonight,

Ad'

S618-18741
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by S618-18741 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:27 am

How about giving either all or a few borg ships the ability to use the transwarp hub in both directions. so from any point on the map you click a button and the borg ship who used the special weapon would go into a conduit and out at the hub. Just a thought though, not sure how to make it work.

Janeway
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Janeway » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:40 am

8O wow 8O , nice work, i like it

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:43 pm

S618-18741 wrote:How about giving either all or a few borg ships the ability to use the transwarp hub in both directions. so from any point on the map you click a button and the borg ship who used the special weapon would go into a conduit and out at the hub. Just a thought though, not sure how to make it work.

The hub produces a set of apatures not 2-way conduits, though all borg units would have Transwarp drives anyway which would allow them to travel like 20 spacal blocks, the hub would provide limitless access to anywhere on the map for a limitless amount of ships

I'll look into your idea though as it sounds interesting

Ad'

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:11 am

wow, that sounds pretty neat. The transwarp drive on Borg ships should be limited and the transwarp hub would be better-equipped to transport ships to further areas of the map.