Future Tense Borg Unicomplex

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Porty
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Porty » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:16 am

This is a very impressive looking complex mate!! :)

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:21 am

I've done a little more but I'll finish the inner area before next shot, Porty get onto MSN! lol

Ad'

Titan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Titan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:01 am

Are the Borg still non-playable?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:26 am

The Borg are playable now :)

Ad'

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Epytron_Omega » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:27 pm

Looks and sounds really great Phantom. I cant wait to see the final product, especially with a Sovereign flying through the complex. :D

EO
Life is what you make it.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:43 pm

Epytron_Omega wrote:Looks and sounds really great Phantom. I cant wait to see the final product, especially with a Sovereign flying through the complex. :D

EO

it wont last 5 seconds agaist the borg :P

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:19 pm

Yeah, the Enterprise-J couldn't even last that long in the grips of this massive complex - and it's from the 26th century! Phantom, this may just be the Borg's greatest achievement!

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:03 pm

Well, in Voyager, the Delta Flyer survived a good amount of hits when escaping the Unimatrix and the Borg Queen! But that's in Voyager where an intrepid-class ship actually made it through the vast Borg territory - really hard to believe, but all the power to them! The Enterprise-J probably has auto-modulating transphasic shield-eliminating weapons that could prove quite damaging to the Unimatrix - I'd say it would last about two mintues in a direct fight with the Unimatrix, but the Unimatrix would still win by far, even with advanced weaponry and shields.
Anyway, great Unimatrix! The Borg are in your debt. The Collective will add your distinctiveness to itself! 8)

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:34 am

Yeah, but I think the Delta Flyer had some kinda device that prevented the Borg from detecting them (either that or seeing them as a threat). I'm surprised, however, that the Delta Flyer even got away from the Tactical Cubes, Diamonds, and Interceptors following it! It's one of those things that can't be recreated in the game since the Delta Flyer, being much smaller than any one of those ships, would be destroyed in one shot, though in the show the Delta Flyer survived because of the good crew aboard. The only way to recreate that in the game is to give it some shield remodulation to protect it from damage temporarily.
Yeah, the Borg are hundreds of millions years advanced to humans, so they are likely to have cool structures like this Unimatrix. It's amazing that the Federation survived the Borg invasions so many times. One thing I can't get about the Borg is that in "Best of Both Worlds" and "First Contact", they only sent like one cube, thinking that would be enough to take down a determined fleet of ships - and it did the first time though the Enterprise ordered the cube to self destruct at the very hour humanity was going to be assimilated! I think they'll at least think about brining in a Tactical Command Cube at their next attempt!

Porty
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Porty » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:27 am

Phantom wrote:Porty get onto MSN! lol

Ad'
Aye Aye Cap'n!! LMAO!! :P

Titan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Titan » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:15 am

The Borg are playable now
You've made my day Phantom.

QuantumHalo
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year
Location: Mordor, Thangrodrim or Angband, depending on the season

Post by QuantumHalo » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:25 pm

all the fools wrote: about my poor, poor dreadnought
Now that I'm back from vacation... I'm dishonoured... I'm completely ashamed by my fellow team members' behaviours....
It would be completely irrational of me to yell at you all for hours upon end... I have better things to do in my limited spare time. :P
I seem to recall the last time somebody touched the dreadnought's weapons they went down in power somewhat (glares in the approximate direction of Phantom and Cecil)... the new, improved, mark 2 dreadnought will be much more dangerous than the Corsair (whose weapons still need to be fixed, a small scout shouldn't fire 300 odd damage torpedoes). As to Swiss Cheese... well, your puny federation ships will look like... err... grated Parmesan! There!

And Elrond, yes Mordor is quite nice this time of year, what with the plumes of ash raining down over Gorgoroth, it blocks out the glare from that nassty burning Eye pretty nicely. The recent wars have also cut down the number of pillaging Orcses to a standstill too, so one feels quite safe, as long as one doesn't wander up near Cirith Ungol.
Retired Modder
CG Animator

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:43 pm

Your description of Mordor sounds quite comfortable right now - as it sounds like a warm place, unlike my region of the world is this time of year (Rivendell is in the mountains, so we're all ready getting snow) 8) . Yeah, I'd be in Mordor this time of year too given the winter coming! Angband and Utumno are going to get the crappiest weather this winter! Well, the Elves will soon high-tail it to Lothlorien - just 400 miles south of Rivendell! It should be warmer there. Then we plan our invasion of Mordor!

Anyway, talk of the Third Age aside, your poor, poor Dreadnought. Well, by the same measure, the Enterprise would get cut up in battle against the Unimatrix - I wouldn't expect that ship to survive either. I don't think an opposing cube would survive a battle with a Unimatrix. The only thing that would survive or win in a fight with the Unimatrix is (huh, the Voyager like in that episode where the Delta Flyer actually escapes - real believable) possibly a large fleet of ships. If the Dreadnought saves weapons fire, perhaps five or ten could take down the Unimatrix. Since there are multiple sections to the Unimatrix, one would have to get through many shields to even begin to do any damage to the station - considering each section has a shield. Well, good luck on the modding of the Sernaix ships - can't wait to see them in action when the mod is complete! Elrond out! :)

iOSYS
Ensign
Ensign

Post by iOSYS » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:04 am

Me thinks you people underestimate the searnix dreadnaught. Whats this I hear about 10000 starships losing to 1 dread (I think I head that)...I cant see the borg doing a great deal better. I think 1 Searnix dread would more than destroy it...when you take into account the scouts affect on a cube.