Introductions: Future Tense

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Introductions: Future Tense

Post by Phantom » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:55 pm

Future Tense is a mod set 30 years after the scenes of the Star Trek the Next Generation Motion Picture: Star Trek Nemesis

The races are begining to develop bonds of trust and loyalty. Even though the Remans are still very paranoid and a large majority of the Romulans still loath the Klingons. Things are slowly starting to return to normal and even more peacefully than before.

Or so they hoped.

A new threatening race, even more so than the Dominion enter our dimension from a dimensional vortex. Called the Sernaix - their intentions are made very clear when an entire Federation fleet of 30 vessels is wiped out in a matter of minutes.

When word reaches Earth, Vice Admiral Janeway and Starfleet Command Director Admiral Riker decide that an all out defensive is required as the Klingon homeworld is destroyed. Now with sparse amounts of Ships, the Klingons vowing revenge side with the Federation as Starfleet ships developed now for warfare aswell as exploration begin to create a vast fleet to protect the boarder of Federation and Klingon space.

With the disbanding of the Romulan Neutral Zone, the Romulans promise to aid, only if the aggressors enter their territory and surely enough Reman and Romulan outposts are attacked.

Meanwhile, 60,000 light-years away in the Delta Quadrent the new Borg Queen is watching with interest as a previously sent Fleet of Cubes with the information to assimilate Earth are destroyed and find a potential strength to add to the Collective conciousness.

Now 5 of the Galaxy's major races with the aid of Cardassians and others stand in unity to fight off this new Alien threat.

The Final frontier is no longer "To Boldly go where no one has gone before" it is now simply Survival!

FUTURE TENSE SPECIFICATIONS:

Star Trek Armada 1
Star Trek Armada 1.2 Patch (Provided)
Approx. 800MB of Free space on your hard-drive
50MB swap-space
Direct-X 9.0
Video 3D Card
Sound Card
Windows 95, 98, 98SE, 00, ME, XP

Playable Races:

1) Federation, Starfleet
2) Klingon Empire
3) Romulan Star Empire
4) Borg Collective
5) Reman Alliance
6) Sernaix

Non-Playable/Map Races:
7) Cardassians
8) Ferengi
9) Dominion

Race Strengths and Weaknesses:

Federation
Strength: Strength in Numbers. 30 different Classes of Starships to be built
Weakness: Shields are vunerable to rapid bursts or hull damaging weaponry

Klingon
Strength: Powerful Arsenals on their vessels
Weakness: Due to the loss of their territory, Ships are expensive and rare

Romulan
Strength: Large ships, with heavy firepower, very cunning and swift
Weakness: Relies on their Cloak which of course hinders attack times

Borg Collective
Strength: Assimilate Ships, Technology and resources to it's own fleet
Weakness: Long build times, and will only attack if the object is a threat

Reman
Strength: Biological Agents and 'perfect' cloaks add to stealth of this vampire race
Weakness: Long build time, and limited ship coverage, and fairly clumbsy at impulse

Sernaix
Strength: A single shot can wreak havoc to any vessel
Weakness: No Shield recharges and clumsy at impulse speeds

Future Tense, like no other MOD will feature specially built and created Special Features including a Warp Drive system, where you charge your Warp Coils (Or Race Alternative) and then select a destination for a burst of Maximum warp for several Seconds (usually ranging enough to traverse 30 grid blocks before the core overheats - depends on how big the core (Larger ships can remain at warp for longer periods of time)).

Other features include
- New Cloaking Devices,
- Stealth Technology,
- Vast map units that are interactable
- Lots of brand new Nebulas - each with various effects
- New explosions.
- New Start up Movie (Which is set up like a movie)
- New Special Weaponry types
- Use of original Armada code not used by the Default Game
- Several hundred sound files including new backing themes and sound effects
- + Lots more

Future Tense is looking at an early 2005 release depending on output levels. Though this estimate may change depending on that output.

Enjoy, and be sure to check Starships, Stations, and other Unit Previews, Screenshots and other topics to see how the Mod is coming along

Adam,

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:18 pm

Just hurry up and get it done man, your killing me here (J/K)

Really you've got so many of us so excited about this project and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Rod.

Achilles
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Achilles » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:41 pm

Yeah Phantom is the number one in advertisement today :P

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:29 am

I take it that some of this unused code in Armada I is not present in Armada 2. Well, the mod sounds excellent as it did from the beginning - now it has a story line and that's just great! I think that the amount of time to the release of this mod will be a very small price to pay to finally see this mod in action! Good luck folks!

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:53 am

I agree, I beleive the wait will be well worth it. I only have one request, phantom; can you please make it dial-up friendly?? (split into several downloads) pllllleeeeaaaase! *puppy eyes*
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:51 am

icewolf132 wrote:I agree, I beleive the wait will be well worth it. I only have one request, phantom; can you please make it dial-up friendly?? (split into several downloads) pllllleeeeaaaase! *puppy eyes*

lol dont wrry i think hes going to make it dail-up friendly :P

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:08 am

Future Tense will be downloadable in the full (What could be 400MB) file, and broken into 50MB files too (Approx)

Ad'

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:53 am

8O ...oh wow. thanks phantom, several 50 Mb files will be ALOT easyer to download than one big file
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:37 pm

Just to clarify, the Remans and Romulans will be separate races, won't they?

I'm probably looking forward to the Remans the most :) Mod is looking great :D

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:14 pm

Corbomite_Ray wrote:Just to clarify, the Remans and Romulans will be separate races, won't they?

I'm probably looking forward to the Remans the most :) Mod is looking great :D
they are there own race but sided with the roms

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:15 pm

you know what you said about the borg makes it sound like they leave weak target alone to take on the more powerful ones or ignore whole fleets that they could take out in a few shot. but like someone else has said it and I'll say it, it had better be worth the wait.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:29 pm

The borg hopefully in Future Tense will act like real borg - were doing AI tests to test capabilties,

But the Borg will select targets for assimilation as they do normally with their own agenda. If you enter their space or area, then they'll monitor you. If you attack them, then they will consider you a threat and destroy you. Their purpose in Future Tense is to assimilate the major powers, assimilate the sernaix, and assimilate the technology to enter other dimensions so that they can conquer everything.

They arent classified as a goodie or a baddie, just another catagory of their own

Sorta like the Good, the Bad and he Ugly. The Borg and Sernaix will attack each other, as will the Borg attack anything else that they consider a threat, particuarlly specially coded battleships and dreadnoughts

Ad

Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:27 pm

So are the Sernaix going to be just kind of like a souped-up 8472? Anti-Borg, organic, alien, from another dimension(?), desire to dominate?

Also may I suggest the Constitution III refit class from http://www.startrekmiranda.com? I always really liked that ship's potential as an Enterprise-G or something, just for the sake of tying the eras together. O' course, it'd have to have the astec plating and futuristic stuff...just an idea :D
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:34 pm

u meam this link :P http://www.ussmiranda.com/ships/constitution3.htm ?? the link u post is a dud

i dont think Adam will use that ship the fed list is quiet full lol besides ur asking urself to get shot at :P

Corbomite_Ray
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Corbomite_Ray » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:01 pm

Yeah, that one.

I take it Phantom isn't big on Constitution-types?
Stalwart guardian of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, because it was so artistically done

"You're in Starfleet. Insanity is not an option; it's a requirement."
- Captain Anthony Felfire