Romulan Sledge Shuttlepod

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Romulan Sledge Shuttlepod

Post by Phantom »

Since it has been quiet on the public end (it has been wildly busy behind closed doors) I thought I'd share with you 2hours worth of work :)

The Romulan Sledge Shuttlepod.
Threat - None
Crew - 3
Weapons - Single Disruptor
- Light Shuttlepod designed to travel small distances and is armed with various sensors

It basically acts like a probe that the player can interact with whereas the Federation and Klingon Probes are not. The Romulans have two Scout ships (this one and another 'to be constructed' scout), and a fighter to make up their light arsenal

The Design itself is a heavyly inspired shot of the Noxerian Sensor Pod on the model kit I got off the Internet and thought it'd be a cool little ship :) and added Back to the Future style underside lights :P

Ad'
SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Re: Romulan Sledge Shuttlepod

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale »

Phantom wrote:Since it has been quiet on the public end (it has been wildly busy behind closed doors) I thought I'd share with you 2hours worth of work :)

The Romulan Sledge Shuttlepod.
Threat - None
Crew - 3
Weapons - Single Disruptor
- Light Shuttlepod designed to travel small distances and is armed with various sensors

It basically acts like a probe that the player can interact with whereas the Federation and Klingon Probes are not. The Romulans have two Scout ships (this one and another 'to be constructed' scout), and a fighter to make up their light arsenal

The Design itself is a heavyly inspired shot of the Noxerian Sensor Pod on the model kit I got off the Internet and thought it'd be a cool little ship :) and added Back to the Future style underside lights :P

Ad'
Nice little ship, "Though defenceless as a single ship, as a group these little insects can do some damage" Not bad. I was thinking that they'd be good for protecting transports and supply ships, Better yet even protect Mining ships.
Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom »

Nice idea :)

Their size would probably be the same size, or a similar size to a Federation Runabout with similar capabilties I guess other than this thing dont have any Warp Nacelles - so it doesnt have Warp Drive. So A protector for mining ships or to patrol areas seems like a nice role :)

Ad'
SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale »

Phantom wrote:Nice idea :)

Their size would probably be the same size, or a similar size to a Federation Runabout with similar capabilties I guess other than this thing dont have any Warp Nacelles - so it doesnt have Warp Drive. So A protector for mining ships or to patrol areas seems like a nice role :)

Ad'
That's what I do with MP using shuttles, runabouts and other various small tiny crafts. Leave the large ships for fighting, but once and a while a stray ship comes along and attacks, then the smaller ships can take care of that, in a group even the small ships are trouble.
Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom »

lol I usually just stick a Galaxy Class between the moon and the station and let it blow the hell out of anything that comes into range - which dont tend to last to long - unless its the Collective or the Sernaix anyway lol

Ad'
SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale »

Phantom wrote:lol I usually just stick a Galaxy Class between the moon and the station and let it blow the hell out of anything that comes into range - which dont tend to last to long - unless its the Collective or the Sernaix anyway lol

Ad'
Lol, you're making me wanna play this more, only if summer would come quicker -eyes the rest of the snow outside- only a few inches left :lol:
Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom »

lol.

Well you may have guessed but the Federation are more or less completed (They need two ships finished) so work on the Romulans are begining again.

Future Tense Completion Percentage I estimate to be at approx. 78-80% complete. All That is really needed are the Romulans and Klingons finished and the start up sorted while the others are creating the new multiplayer maps and special feature intergration with map units :)

Few more months I estimate :)

Ad'
SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale »

Phantom wrote:lol.

Well you may have guessed but the Federation are more or less completed (They need two ships finished) so work on the Romulans are begining again.

Future Tense Completion Percentage I estimate to be at approx. 78-80% complete. All That is really needed are the Romulans and Klingons finished and the start up sorted while the others are creating the new multiplayer maps and special feature intergration with map units :)

Few more months I estimate :)

Ad'
A few months isnt bad, I just can't wait to see it...or use it for that matter.
jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt »

Nice little ship ya got there :D
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"
Darklight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darklight »

Very nice design.
Armada 1 and 2 Player!
Star Trek Future Tense Armada 1 Mod team is BACK!
Why don't emoji and text formatting doesn't work in Signatures?
CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf »

That's an excellent design. Looking good as usual.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...