Future Tense Release Date Extended....

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Future Tense Release Date Extended....

Post by Phantom » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:16 am

Okay, this is in no way to start a flame war or arguement or anything else as I know your all waiting very patiently.

We have hit a couple of snags in development. Primary one being sorting the Borg and finishing up the Romulan fleet which has fallen behind in a big way (through no fault of our own really, just time restraints). We have also stumbled on a way to perhaps achieve a certain ability for a Federation God to have the ability to split into three terrifying creatures to thwart Hadies. (Think about it) 90% confident that'll work so theres an added treat.

The extension would probably be two months to get everything running the way I want it too, with no bugs, crashes or otherwise which will be good. Even if at present Future Tense stands at a whopping 500MB uncompressed with over 1000 files in the addon folder :S.

We have however been approached from ARMADA2FILES who has personally asked me if any material can be submitted to mark their 7th Aniversary, so what better? Future Tense will now release on their Aniversary in MAY - 3 months before Future Tense's 5th Birthday :S lol. (I could be mean and hold till then but I wont lol)

Thanks for your patience, and I guarentee the added wait will be worth it :). Some files will be uploaded to Armada Fleet Command of items dropped or Replaced shortly as a sorta way of apologising, and wetting some appitites. Screenshots will also be posted on a more regular basis, and requests will be responded if you want a preview shot of any ship in the game. The website will also be updated soon to display a full list of units within Future Tense :)

Adam,

Sentinel
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sentinel » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:09 am

Hey Adam, I have made NO progress on the BOrg weapons. Its just a lil past my modding abilitys. I thank you for letting me be a part of the greatest Armada (1 and 2) mod ever made.

Darklight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darklight » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:09 am

May, that's fracking awesome Adam. Can't wait. Could the three terrifying creatures recombine to create the god again? Let's just hope that nothing else interfers with Future Tenses release shall we. Well worth the wait, Adam that's an understatement. It's gonna be perfect!
Armada 1 and 2 Player!
Star Trek Future Tense Armada 1 Mod team is BACK!
Why don't emoji and text formatting doesn't work in Signatures?

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:36 am

I, too, have had no luck with one or two weapons asked for..but I recently came up with rotating turrets ingame, for the sequel anyways..so ill see if i can't come up with something else...
Captain Benjamin Sisko of the U.S.S. Defiant

Firefly1
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: in the land of nowhere next to the land of somewhere but not as close as the land of neither here no

Post by Firefly1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:17 pm

i can wait, the longer we wait the better it gets.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Paul
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Paul » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:30 pm

Waiting is a skill ive been improving on so take your time :) , why rush a mod thats been going for 5 years ? , take your time and make it as good as you can , no regrets that way :D

WarrenG12
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by WarrenG12 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:59 pm

i have to totally agree with Paul...if it have taken five years to get this far with the mod, then whats a few more months of waiting for the game to be complete in ure eyes Phantom....I mean just with ure "god" being able to separate (so obvious) and all the other extras u have ingame, its as if Armada 1 is a whole new game!!

S618-18741
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by S618-18741 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:17 am

@Darklight Those three terrifying creatures can definatly recombine after unleashing their furry on whoever stands in there way.

I think everyone agrees that the extra few months are deffinatly worth it.

Sentinel
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sentinel » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:50 am

I'va actaully seen the "God" in game. WHo ever made it was a GENIUS

valient20
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by valient20 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:45 am

after a little reworking i was able to get him into a2. with his blades.
Im gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.

CaptainJosh
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: Future Tense Release Date Extended....

Post by CaptainJosh » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:17 am

Phantom wrote:Okay, this is in no way to start a flame war or arguement or anything else as I know your all waiting very patiently.

We have hit a couple of snags in development. Primary one being sorting the Borg and finishing up the Romulan fleet which has fallen behind in a big way (through no fault of our own really, just time restraints). We have also stumbled on a way to perhaps achieve a certain ability for a Federation God to have the ability to split into three terrifying creatures to thwart Hadies. (Think about it) 90% confident that'll work so theres an added treat.

The extension would probably be two months to get everything running the way I want it too, with no bugs, crashes or otherwise which will be good. Even if at present Future Tense stands at a whopping 500MB uncompressed with over 1000 files in the addon folder :S.

We have however been approached from ARMADA2FILES who has personally asked me if any material can be submitted to mark their 7th Aniversary, so what better? Future Tense will now release on their Aniversary in MAY - 3 months before Future Tense's 5th Birthday :S lol. (I could be mean and hold till then but I wont lol)

Thanks for your patience, and I guarentee the added wait will be worth it :). Some files will be uploaded to Armada Fleet Command of items dropped or Replaced shortly as a sorta way of apologising, and wetting some appitites. Screenshots will also be posted on a more regular basis, and requests will be responded if you want a preview shot of any ship in the game. The website will also be updated soon to display a full list of units within Future Tense :)

Adam,
Hi I just joined and I hope there are not going to be anymore set backs for you because I realy want to try this mod :D

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:07 pm

Sentinel wrote:I'va actaully seen the "God" in game. WHo ever made it was a GENIUS
I made the Prometheus lol

And yes for those that haven't cotton on yet, Future Tense has a 90% chance of a successful Multi Vector Assault Mode on the Prometheus Class.

The Galaxy Class USS Challenger, Under the Command of Captain LaForge is a one off Galaxy Class (It is a sort of combo of the two Future Tense Galaxy classes with the original TNG one seen in well, The Next Generation and "Timeless" from Voyager. It has a larger canon however which makes reconnection to risky to acomplish :/ but when seperated the two ships will act vastly differently, for instance, the Saucer will basically turn into a moving turret, catapulting antimatter spreads or shuttle teams to allied targets, while the Star Drive section acts as a warp-capable turret with a very big gun and explosive Quantum Torpedoes :D

There are no plans for Voyager to seperate at this time however. And The Intrepid's refit specialty is replacing cobolt torpedoes for Transphasic and a certain Batmobile style holographic armor plating :D

Ad'

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:08 pm

valient20 wrote:after a little reworking i was able to get him into a2. with his blades.
Im lost lol, who is "him"...

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:17 pm

Thought I'd wet the anticipative juices so to speak....

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Ad'

valient20
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by valient20 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:20 pm

nvm. phantom let it out of the bag. thought this was gonna be our dirty lil secret adam. :D
Im gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.