Future Tense, as of 070907

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Future Tense, as of 070907

Post by Phantom » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:51 pm

K the Beta has rendered up nicely for the team to debug as normal. N there are lots of little nitpicks.

Just thought I'd give u a heads up on the expected filesize of Future Tense. Its holding nicely at around 90% complete mod wise excluding missions et maps. Here is how it looks (Borg and half the Romulans are yet to be put into the game)

ADDON FOLDER
= 144MB
= Contains a little over 500 ODFs, and 600 WAV files

SOD FOLDER
= 4MB

BMP MENU FOLDERS
= 8MB

ANIMATIONS FOLDERS
= 195
= Contains Movie (187MB and new menu animations)

TEXTURE FOLDER
= 442MB uncompressed
= 200MBish Compressed

Unfortunatly when the entire MOD is complete. You are going to be looking at a 600MB to a possible 700MB download. I have tried uploading it to MEGAUPLOAD for the beta testers to de-bug, but even they cant hold the files on there... So its being distrubuted via a very fluxuant MSN Messenger file transfer.

Due to the size, breaking down for 56k users will prove close to impossible. The BITTORRENT download is still planned to be distrubuted on somewhere like DEMONOID with a link via the Future Tense website so you shouldnt need a membership to download the files as you'll already have the torrent file. More information on that will be left in due course. GETRIGHT will also be linked to the site at release time. Its a file downloader that is free, and has the ability to pause downloads and resume so 56k users wont be left in the cold, though u should really get with the 21st Century with Broadband by now ;) lol.

Hopefully whatever the circumstance, Future Tense is a living testiment to "Nothing is Impossible" so we'll undoubtably find a way of getting it to everyone.

Just wanted to keep everyone up to date :)

Adam,

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:31 pm

on a sidenote dont ask to be a beta tester if and i say iIF there are Adam might post bout it

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:10 pm

I know i haven't been on much (Xbox 360 takes up my time lol) Though i'm still waiting upon the mod. I also upgraded to ADSL Which is pretty quick downloads. Though for 56k Users you could break it up into 50mb pieces and that should work with the download and the 4-hour boot protocol.

Romulan_Fury
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Romulan_Fury » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:06 am

56kers: just find a someone in the neighborhood/apt. building with DSL/cable and make friends... "Hey neighbor, just thought I'd bring by a six pack and fix that broken gutter I noticed on the side of your house. Say, isn't that your Cable modem?"
´Tis more brave to live, than to die.

SaiyaJin_Dale
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Location: Somewhere that couldnt exist but its right over there?

Post by SaiyaJin_Dale » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:11 am

Romulan_Fury wrote:56kers: just find a someone in the neighborhood/apt. building with DSL/cable and make friends... "Hey neighbor, just thought I'd bring by a six pack and fix that broken gutter I noticed on the side of your house. Say, isn't that your Cable modem?"
Lol, I used to do that. XD Sadly it was with my neighbor lady. I'd go over and be like talking to her then go onto asking if I can download something.

Romulan_Fury
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Romulan_Fury » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:42 am

I guess charming them works, too. LOL
´Tis more brave to live, than to die.

TopDogJW
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TopDogJW » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:58 pm

Romulan_Fury wrote:56kers: just find a someone in the neighborhood/apt. building with DSL/cable and make friends... "Hey neighbor, just thought I'd bring by a six pack and fix that broken gutter I noticed on the side of your house. Say, isn't that your Cable modem?"
Cable Internet rocks, when this comes out I'll have it downloaded in 4 minutes flat. 8)

(P.S. why are quotes not working? :? :?: )

jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:50 pm

That's going to be a fun upload/download to the server. Yeehaw :P

Well, at least the more mb there are, the more awesome stuff there is contained within.
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:04 am

That is one way of looking at it

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:17 pm

lol im the one thats gonna be uploading it lol

TopDogJW
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TopDogJW » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Got any new updates? I'm guessing your 92% done. :lol: (I hope)
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/topdogjw][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/topdogjw.png[/img][/url]
GameSpy ID-TopDog_JW
GPGnet ID-TopDogJW

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:27 am

We r sorting bugs atm rather than implimenting newer stuff at this point in time as there is a wide array of them at this point :/

TopDogJW
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TopDogJW » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:40 am

We r sorting bugs atm rather than implimenting newer stuff at this point in time as there is a wide array of them at this point :/
Ok, sorry to hear about that. :(
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/topdogjw][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/topdogjw.png[/img][/url]
GameSpy ID-TopDog_JW
GPGnet ID-TopDogJW

WillM
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

:)

Post by WillM » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:44 pm

lol can i help u find bugz? :P i want to get FT b4 everyone else lol :P:P 8O id happily BETA test for u :)

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:48 pm

cecilzero1 wrote:on a sidenote dont ask to be a beta tester if and i say iIF there are Adam might post bout it