Future Tense, as of 070907

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

WillM
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

lol

Post by WillM »

:( damn, any other way i could help? :):)
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

we asked for no betatesters so please dont ask agian

dont make me bring out the big guns aka admin powers
Romulan_Fury
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Romulan_Fury »

Ooooh ooooooh! Can I be a BETA-------------------fish? I've always wondered what it would be like to be one of those feisty little guys. What? Why is everyone glaring at me? *innocent whistling*
´Tis more brave to live, than to die.
Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom »

If security wasnt so tight (sorry but the ppl that we have had in on the MOD previously are just there to play it with no commitment to perfecting it) I'd employ you for ur fish (dont perverse) as it made me laugh lol.

Right now we are ironing out all the bugs before production continues, else the final thing will be highly unstable.

Future Tense is intended to be released standalone.

No Future Tense 1.93837873823 patch or whatever, Simply Future Tense 1.0 n thats it.

Same for FT2 and FT3 - it is a 'Tense Trilogy' afterall.

Unfortunatly I'm a bit of a 'perfectionist' when it comes to my creativity. Which okay can be a restriction on patience, but it sure as hell guarentees a great game :). Which is why so much effort has been made to make the game unique, both in terms of look, feel and the thrill you get when playing it, and why so much effort has been put in to try and balance and set Future Tense in the Trek Universe, grounding it to canon.

Future Tense wont be available to the public until its released. We 'may' get a public Beta tester off the forum when its done, just to see their opinion, could be a competition to design something for FT2. First Place is first player to play FT1 and that unit appears in FT2 with the 2 runners up also being created, I dunno. To early to speculate but yeah, no Beta requests UNLESS you have modding experience you can use. If you DO, let me know and I'll put you on the tally system (submit 20 Files to Future Tense to get full beta access) that system is inplace, simply because as I say, people in the past have joined the team, played it once or twice, said it was okay, then fall off the Internet.

Though the plus side of new members such as the recent addition of Mr. Vulcan who has completly done away with the old GUI (see screenshots) production accelerates and becomes more and more impressive to look at :)

I'd just like to finish by saying thanks for being so patient.

There are 4 more Romulan ships to be added to Future Tense. Once done production will start on getting the Unicomplex into Future Tense. The Borg ships I'd hazard are about half way. Then it's time to put the new AI to some serious testing....

Will keep you apprised as production continues as normal. But I think its a shorefire guarentee it'll release in 2007 :P

Ad'
WillM
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

ok

Post by WillM »

:) well, if u ever need help, i would love to :) i have loved FT since i read about it on A2F :)
TopDogJW
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TopDogJW »

we asked for no betatesters so please dont ask agian

dont make me bring out the big guns aka admin powers
WOW, that was harsh, :lol: I think he just wanted to help. (even though you don't want any beta testers and that's fine)

( 8O Please don't fry me with your almighty admin powers for saying that. 8O :lol: )
Last edited by TopDogJW on Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/topdogjw][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/topdogjw.png[/img][/url]
GameSpy ID-TopDog_JW
GPGnet ID-TopDogJW
Romulan_Fury
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Romulan_Fury »

Glad I could contribute a little humor for the good of the project. So.... does that count as one of the twenty files!?!?! Totally kidding, lol. I don't mind waiting for the finished project at all, because then I get to see it in all it's glory. No pesky bugs or missing files for me. I want my Future Tense Experience to be the most awesome thing ever.

Sure makes for a lot of thumb twiddling, though...
´Tis more brave to live, than to die.
Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom »

lol.

Cecil just likes that line. Not quite sure why?! but there ya go.

Unfortunatly Fury, it has to be something tangable. We havent start work on Romulan Special/Super weapons yet so being a fan of the Romulans, it 'could' be your chance to shine through ;)

As I say we have no plans to continue till I have managed to get rid of 4 A4 pages full of bug reports. lol

Adam,
WillM
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

:)

Post by WillM »

lol he is right, i just wanted to help :) (still do) lol and like he sed dont fry me with ur admin powers plz :) im FTs biggest fan lol :)
Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom »

lol
jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt »

I hope you don't mind, but I felt that Future Tense deserved a bit more attention on Armada Files with a research-written article (there are less of them on FileFront which is a shame, but ahwell) which you can read http://armada2.filefront.com/news/Futur ... _mod;34373. I believe I've been fair in my comments and done the mod justice :D

Also, before you ask, I've already linked it in the Mod Profile.
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"
Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom »

Thats cool.

There is actually a menu GUI in the screenshot thread of the main menus ;)

Shoulda been longer :P

But it is actually inspirational :) Good motivation booster for the team to continue to excel :)

The stats quoted are at present time - we havent added the Borg or finished the Romulans yet ;)

Ad'
WillM
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by WillM »

:) indeed good article lol :) and.....i really hope FT is done soon lol :)
adc2000974
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by adc2000974 »

cant wait :o

gl
TopDogJW
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TopDogJW »

hey just wondering if you have a update on how far you are on FT, hope it's done quickly! (special8.gif special8.gif *I bow down and ask* Please get it done ASAP!)
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/topdogjw][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/topdogjw.png[/img][/url]
GameSpy ID-TopDog_JW
GPGnet ID-TopDogJW