BORG UNICOMPLEX: Future Tense Screenshots

30 Years after "Nemesis" The torch of adventure is about to be passed from the Next Generation to the New Generation on an all new Enterprise

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

BORG UNICOMPLEX: Future Tense Screenshots

Post by MrVulcan »

Seeing as people have probably missed my post in the Future Tense Ultimate screenshots topic, I've decided to create a new topic instead. But even if you've already read my earlier post, there's a new screen for you to enjoy :)

I am pleased to tell you that the Borg stations are finally seeing some progress. Having explored all possible dead ends over the past 4 months, we've finally figured out how to go about these stations :)

They’re just stations, you say, so what was holding back the show?

What we have here are modular stations; stations that are built piece by piece :)

The idea is not new, and there has been at least one mod that I know of that featured a modular station. However, previous attempts came with a nasty bug caused by limitations in the game engine.

Luckily, we've overcome this problem and here are the preliminary results.

A small portion of the base. I've forgotten to include something for scale so I'd just say this: the fully developed Borg unicomplex will cover a almost a quarter of a regular map

From a different angle.

Not that the Borg will ever let you do this to them, but in case you're able to overcome the defences, this is what the new Borg plasma vents might look like:

I messed up the code for this shot so you're only seeing three modules here. Will try to straighten things out for the next set of screenshots.

The Borg in their natural green nebula environment. (It was difficult to get a decent wide-angle shot due to the size of the base)

PS: Does anyone know what could be preventing the game from saving screenshots? Whenever I try to take a screenshot, the game pauses for a couple of seconds, as if taking the screenshot, but saves nothing in the root directory :?. So, I am currently limited to taking one at a time with the printscreen function – not very convenient. Thanks.
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

wow nice :) good looking :)
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

If I didn't know any better I'd say that those are shots from Voyager episodes! Rockin!!! :D
Flew in here 17 years ago, flew out 13. Back then early 20s, dreamin'. Now, late 30s, reminiscin'. Too bad there wasn't an Armada 3, except the Sins of a Solar Empire mod. But hell, at least there's that. *Shrugs*
MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan »

Cabal, unfortunately, the background in the screenshot came with the game :P However, I have been secretely working on a new one to go with the new spherical background maps. :) Will try to get screenshots with that once the unicomplex is complete.
MrVulcan

Dec 27 Updates

Post by MrVulcan »

My armada still doesn't want to take screenshots for me. I was able to take one anyway with the printscreen function for you to take a look at the recent progress.

Due to the limited height of armada maps, the unicomplex had to be scaled down somewhat. Now the previous estimate of it taking up a quarter of a standard map is less likely. Even so, I hope you can appreciate the size of it in the next screenshot.

The Borg unicomplex with nearly 80% of its modules. In this screen the depth (or height) of the base becomes apparent
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

nice mate with that done we are getting closer :)
steviegirl
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Awsome!!

Post by steviegirl »

:D I love the interface.Looks very kool!!Can't wait for the release!!
"He´s dead Jim,you get the tri-corder,I´ll get his wallet."
kurn
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by kurn »

i know u guys r probaly not thinking about this much but will u be needing orion ships for the second future tense? cause im working on a mod which im converting all the ships from SFC Orion pirates and organizing them into races. not just the orions though the mirak gorn, ISC lyrans and hydrans and, the new federation, klingon and romulan ships. the only thing i would ask is how to make them fully playable caue im making configs for all the races and asigning voices and stuff for them.

also nice job on the config and that starbase there.
steviegirl
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by steviegirl »

send me an e-mail.We can't say whome we gots the stuff from,but I have some of the ships you mentioned from a mod I have installed and moded to MY likeing.I even have r5d5's constition study models in my game and working.The odf super weapon is a good example on how you can make your super weapons for the game!!here's the e-mail:sjc31@msn.com.Make sure you put in it ATT:steviegirl! :D
"He´s dead Jim,you get the tri-corder,I´ll get his wallet."
kurn
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by kurn »

i will just i dont have many done at all. also when i get them all transferred i will just send u my sod folder so u can see what ones u like. right now though im only willing to give these models to few people cause im gonna put my mod on this site eventually anyways. also if the mod ur talking about is KA thats the one im modding i have permission from squire james to do so. im mostly like gonna call KA/SFC: tholian war cause the tholians are gonna replace the borg.
Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom »

Complex is looking "Grand" lol

As for the Future Tense II offers, the race braakdown from memory was:

ENT: Orion, Starfleet, Vulcan, Sulibon, Xindi
TOS: Federation, Orion, Gorn, Klingon
TMP (1701): Federation, Orion, Klingon, Romulan
TMP (1701A): Federation, Orion, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian
TMP (1701B): Federation, Orion, Romulan, Cardassian
TMP (1701C): Federation, Orion, Romulan, Cardassian
TNG (1701D): Federation, Orion, Klingon, Romulan
TNG (1701E): Federation, Orion, Romulan, Klingon, Dominion, Cardassian
FT (1701F): Federation, Orion, Borg, Romulan, Reman
29thCentury: Galactic Federation, Orion, Romulan, Bajoran Rebels

"I think" I havent got the revised FT2 stuff in front of me. but any assistance that can be provided would be great :)

Ad'
kurn
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by kurn »

well when im done i will have full races for TMP era tholians, orions, mirak, lyran, hydran, ISC and gorn
MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan »

Sorry for lack of screenshot updates. The unicomplex has been misbehaving lately and crashing. Luckly I've figured out where I messed up so there should be a new screenshot tomorrow.

Also, the unicomplex is now 100% in-game :D. All that remains now is a long list of things that need finetuning :P
MrVulcan

Post by MrVulcan »

I thought I should update everyone on the progress here. The unicomplex is fully playable now with only minor points still on the to-do list (or the to fix list :P).

To convince you of this I have a new screenshot.

The view towards the main hub from the dilithium processing node. Higher resolution this time.
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

nice :)